Brummy Mummy #41 The tales of Babetha Conway and her smaller (BIGGER) new house

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, personally, I am totally underwhelmed. I dislike the downstairs bathroom, partiularly as its right by the front door. The rooms are quite small and look so cluttered. I know they haven't completely unpacked yet, but when there is a wardrobe in their room , it will look claustrophobic.
They really need to get rid of some stuff. Why do the children need so many stuffed toys at their age?
Am dying to see what she does to her utility cupboard!
The only room I like is the kitchen.
The move was for the postcode and the girls school and for content.

Reactions: 19
In a very strange turn of events, I have found the listing for the house.
It looks really nice from the agents listing - I am surprised that she said it needed a lot of work.
It's a lovely house but more expensive than what I would have thought....guess you pay for the area.
Can you smell choc from there?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Apart from it being in an affluent area & school catchment for me this is a terrible move. It feels much smaller than their previous home, actual living space is less, did she show the garden?
The only difference is it’s not terraced & not a galley style kitchen? Bad move & can see why they’ll move again.

Reactions: 11
Confused about the utility cupboard, it’s a handy little cupboard to have the washing machine/dryer tucked away in but she has ‘big plans’ for it, it’s too small to do much more with surely!
And what is she on about, downstairs bathrooms being a Birmingham thing, she is so insular, doesn’t know anything further than her own nose.
It’s an okay house but I’ve seen nicer for the money and in similarly good areas. Strange choice in my opinion.

Reactions: 19
In a very strange turn of events, I have found the listing for the house.
It looks really nice from the agents listing - I am surprised that she said it needed a lot of work.
It's a lovely house but more expensive than what I would have thought....guess you pay for the area.
Genuinely thought she’d moved by me to Bournville but actually not sure she has!! Sorry for the false alarm tattlers

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So I just watched my first Brummy mummy vlog. Thought I'd pop my BM vlog cherry to her new house tour 🤪 I have some thoughts....

I found her very awkward when she was talking directly to the camera, some awkward pauses.

That's not a utility room. It's definitely a cupboard.

How many plants does one person need in their bathroom?

PUS's shoes in the bathroom cupboard 😂 😂 handy when someone is in there having a bath and he needs to pop out.

Living room is pretty small. Her old living room must have been tiny?

Her weird accents are annoying. And why the random singing?!

The mug cupboard is horrible.

Hate the fact she showed so much of the kid's bedrooms. But not surprised going by her past behaviour :rolleyes:

Love how you could hear that she was out of breath when she got up to the top room. Professional.

Why would you keep coats and shoes at the very top of the house?!

Riveting stuff. So yeah, my first (and probably last) BM vlog.

Reactions: 27
I definitely think they could have afforded a bigger house in exactly the same area...maybe she didn’t want insta backlash like others have had?

Reactions: 4
Well that’s 26 minutes of my life I’ll never get back. Her vlogs are just awful, so cringy and embarrassing! Don’t like that she showed the children’s rooms, especially going into their wardrobes.

Reactions: 13
Well that’s 26 minutes of my life I’ll never get back. Her vlogs are just awful, so cringy and embarrassing! Don’t like that she showed the children’s rooms, especially going into their wardrobes.
Me either. I felt like it was an invasion of the kids' privacy. It didn't sit right with me at all, but then again, what was I expecting from her

Another thing - all her furniture looks cheap and crap. Don’t get me wrong I love Ikea but surely she could afford some decent drawers/ wardrobes that don’t collapse on moving. There’s just SO MUCH STUFF everywhere. Do they really need 2 six drawer units?! Their bedroom isn’t big enough. Why the hell doesn’t she declutter and invest in some decent solid furniture.
Everything looks cheap and crap. No proper shoe storage not cost storage she moans aboutlack of storage in her new home - she knew all that when she bought the house so decluttering should have been a priority you would think.
Her house is like her-a mess.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Houses disappear from Rightmove after the sale completes and take about 3 months to go back on. You will be best to search in a few weeks. We know the completion date so should be easy enough to confirm which one it is if you’re that interested

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Looking more likely that a lockdown could be happening very soon....at least Babs has a big downstairs 'toilet' to have her meltdown in.

• Haha
Looking more likely that a lockdown could be happening very soon....at least Babs has a big downstairs 'toilet' to have her meltdown in.
But how will she buy more tat if the non-essential shops have to shut again! The economy will be even further falling apart without babs and her tat addiction

• Haha
She could have bought a much bigger house , detached by a really good school over in Sutton/Wylde Green /four oaks. They'll soon be falling over each other in that house.

Do you know what, I have come to the conclusion and realisation that I just do not understand her. As a Mom of 1 little boy with additional needs in Birmingham I thought I really could relate to her more than other “influencers”. I relate to my next door neighbours fish more than her. I really do try and understand people from their perception but with her I just simply cannot.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I cracked and I watched her new house tour lol. Talk about underwhelming. Where is she going to put all her tat!!!

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.