Brummy Mummy #4 The Introvert in pants, inappropriate bantz & cringey takeaway dance

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wouldnt one of the 20k debts have been from going to uni?
There wouldn’t have been tuition fees when Emma went.

Plus, student debt isn’t real debt. It won’t affect things like your credit score or mortgage applications. It should be called a graduate tax imo

My student debt is around £30k, but I would never say I was in debt. However if I’d spent £20k on credit cards then I defo would!

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
It's the fact she says TWICE she got into 20K of debt. How did she manage that?!

She reminds me of my sister. She is crap with money. Spend, spend, spend. Got herself into a lot of debt in her 20's and 30's and so she has bad credit and can't get credit cards or store cards. Everything has to go into her husband's name.

When you look at all the kids clothes, Disney ears, mugs etc Brummy buys, then I really don't think she can call herself 'tight'. She's obviously an overspender. I bet Stephen has to keep a keen eye on their outgoings!

Reactions: 11
The unmumsy mum is currently on a gifted trip to butlins; every post and picture has been correctly labelled #ad . Brummy mummy should take note!

Reactions: 21
It's the fact she says TWICE she got into 20K of debt. How did she manage that?!

She reminds me of my sister. She is crap with money. Spend, spend, spend. Got herself into a lot of debt in her 20's and 30's and so she has bad credit and can't get credit cards or store cards. Everything has to go into her husband's name.

When you look at all the kids clothes, Disney ears, mugs etc Brummy buys, then I really don't think she can call herself 'tight'. She's obviously an overspender. I bet Stephen has to keep a keen eye on their outgoings!
Shocking. And the fact it’s TWICE! 40k in debt in 10 years. Ouch

Reactions: 7
The unmumsy mum is currently on a gifted trip to butlins; every post and picture has been correctly labelled #ad . Brummy mummy should take note!
I think she has been a good influencer with her paid partnership and #ad on each post. Also not always on #ad holidays!

Reactions: 8
I don't understand why she is still going on about not kissing anyone until she was 18 - Im awaiting some sort of 'I nearly became a nun' style video ...
I didn't kiss anyone till I was 18 - maybe I should have become an influencer! She dosent half talk shite let's face it! Seems she was a complete nightmare growing up!!! Everyone is desperately trying to keep her happy....

Reactions: 6
There wouldn’t have been tuition fees when Emma went.

Plus, student debt isn’t real debt. It won’t affect things like your credit score or mortgage applications. It should be called a graduate tax imo

My student debt is around £30k, but I would never say I was in debt. However if I’d spent £20k on credit cards then I defo would!
But this is Emma we are talking about....stretching the truth maybe?

Reactions: 9
But this is Emma we are talking about....stretching the truth maybe?
But she wouldnt have had student debt at all.
Tuition fees weren’t introduced until 1998, and they were for students starting that year. If Brummy went to uni when she was 18, and she’s 41 now she wouldn’t have paid them as she would’ve started uni in 1995/6.
And they were only 3k back then, so would’ve only been 9k worth of debt.

Reactions: 5
I didn't kiss anyone till I was 18 - maybe I should have become an influencer! She dosent half talk shite let's face it! Seems she was a complete nightmare growing up!!! Everyone is desperately trying to keep her happy....
I watched her video about her bad back. She first slipped a disc age 18. She talks about how she went to an all girls school, so didn’t mix with boys and had her first kiss at 18 but then she hurt her back and had to miss going to Uni etc and missed out on so much. Said it was a horrible time. Yeah I bet it was..for everyone around her!

But she wouldnt have had student debt at all.
Tuition fees weren’t introduced until 1998, and they were for students starting that year. If Brummy went to uni when she was 18, and she’s 41 now she wouldn’t have paid them as she would’ve started uni in 1995/6.
And they were only 3k back then, so would’ve only been 9k worth of debt.
She probably started Uni late as she first damaged her back age 18 and said she couldn’t go to Uni. But I would have thought she went age 19?

Reactions: 5
I watched her video about her bad back. She first slipped a disc age 18. She talks about how she went to an all girls school, so didn’t mix with boys and had her first kiss at 18 but then she hurt her back and had to miss going to Uni etc and missed out on so much. Said it was a horrible time. Yeah I bet it was..for everyone around her!

She probably started Uni late as she first damaged her back age 18 and said she couldn’t go to Uni. But I would have thought she went age 19?
Still, she wouldn’t have paid fees unless she started after 1998, which seems unlikely

And even then, she would have only accumulated 9k of “debt” from that, so she still would’ve been 31k in debt from credit cards/loans etc

If you have a mortgage you don’t say you’re in debt, similarly if you went to uni and paid fees you don’t say that. Even though it is debt, it’s not negative debt and doesn’t impact on your credit history

Still, she wouldn’t have paid fees unless she started after 1998, which seems unlikely

And even then, she would have only accumulated 9k of “debt” from that, so she still would’ve been 31k in debt from credit cards/loans etc

If you have a mortgage you don’t say you’re in debt, similarly if you went to uni and paid fees you don’t say that. Even though it is debt, it’s not negative debt and doesn’t impact on your credit history

Just had a little google and it says she did
PGCE eduction 2005
Med teaching 2007

Could that be when she qualified?

Not that it matters, I can see her spending it all of tat! 🙈😂

She would have got an undergraduate degree first.
I have done a similar load of qualifications to her, I did my degree in 1996 and graduated in 1999.
Then did PGCE in 2004 and MEd in 2007!

All paid for by government, it was all free education!

Just had a little google and it says she did
PGCE eduction 2005
Med teaching 2007

Could that be when she qualified?

Not that it matters, I can see her spending it all of tat! 🙈😂
You have have an undergraduate degree to do your PGCE! She worked in PR before she qualified to be a teacher, so she would’ve been at uni long before then!

But she’d have had to have paid for her PGCE unless she did one of those salaried placements!

Reactions: 3
She said she worked in PR from age 21 to 26 but she was crap at it! Never heard her mention what Uni she went to or what her Degree was in? But yeah she wouldn’t have paid back then.

So she started working age 21 and bought a house at 22 but stopped earning age 26 to do her teaching qualifications, so no wonder she got into debt as how did she pay her mortgage?

I bet bank of Nanny San and Grandad Rog had to help with her debt.

Reactions: 8
She said she worked in PR from age 21 to 26
So she started working age 21 and bought a house at 22 but stopped earning age 26 to do her teaching qualifications, so no wonder she got into debt as how did she pay her mortgage?
Yep, this sounds like the most likely scenario!

Love unmumsy mum. She's the antithesis of brummymummy. I've had contact with her in real life too, and she's the nicest person.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.