Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hd1234

Shes off to the Very Neko event in Manchester today as she replied to a post by findingroisin

• Haha
Reactions: 11

ChickenWine

VIP Member
that was fault first time screenshot anything apologises to anyone I offended
You can edit out the names normally. I went onto the post as it said ‘13 replies’ to that comment but I can’t see them so assume they’re deleted?

Reactions: 10

justplaintired

Chatty Member
Not true! I went to the GP about peri menopause when I was about 46 and was still having regular monthly periods but had some other symptoms that the GP asked me about. Like was said above, she said they don't go by hormone levels and go by symptoms and she offered me HRT there and then (which I declined). There are loads of different types of HRT some that you take AFTER menopause, some that are suitable during peri menopause.

Back to Babs. Quite a few years ago I was VERY overweight and eating a load of crap. I kept getting out of breath (like babs) and other issues. My GP prescribed me a nasal spray too! Didn't really help. What helped was losing the weight and eating healthy. She might like to make out she's overweight and happy but going into peri menopause, that's not going to help her at all. I'm still in it now and found that what helps me is walking my 10,000 steps a day (which she can easily do as she's got a dog and she works from home) and eating healthily especially cutting out sugar. I agree some women can be overweight and happy but when it gets to the point it's affecting your health, you really need to do something about it.
Well we both have had difference experiences then . It’s true for me from my experience but you have had a different one and that’s fine . I’m not Emma I’m open to all experiences as I’m very much aware every woman is different.

Frogfrogfrog

VIP Member
I originally watched all the old UK YouTubers (Louise, Marcus, Zoe, Pixiwoo, Meldrum, Sali Hughes etc) Louise introduced the world to Babs. I thought she was funny, light hearted and didn't take life seriously .. which was a nice change from Louise who, at the time, was going through a divorce and was a bit down. After a year in, I started to notice her hypocrisy. Then I noticed that she blocked me on youtube. You cannot tell you are blocked until you look on a seperate account. (Leave a comment on the highest rated comment > go into a seperate account and look for your original comment.) It wasn't there. So she was getting credit for me being a subscriber and whatever ad sense was generated by views. That really pissed me off. I was NEVER rude to her. I had only asked questions about Erin after she had her neck operation. WTF?

Now - like all of us - I see her for who she is.

A fraud.

:)

I am thinking the Honda ad must be at least 3-4 years old? It shocked me that she got such a lucrative deal!
I currently drive a CRV and wanted to trade it in for a newer model with less mileage ... looks like Subaru wins 😉
From memory I think they only loaned her a car, don’t think she got to keep it?

Gar7893

My internet at work is pants and I’m sad it keeps glitching for me!! Screen shot please 😂

eta: the video is going but i have no sound? :(

yellow_daisies

VIP Member
Same! Although I feel terrible I. Thought he was gay at first 😳.. his wife seems lovely though
He has got a camp-ness about him. Wont be everyone's cup of tea, butI think he's really funny, hope doing content creation full time doesn't change him.

• Heart

SugarSnapBam

VIP Member
Completely OT but I was semi wondering once, that now that girls are starting periods a lot younger if women will start going through menopause a lot earlier. Like is there a finite amount of periods within a woman's DNA? I was so late starting compared to my friends, I was 15 and was so worried - now I realise it was a right result! I'll probably be going strong into my 60s before menopause! ( Not that I have periods, thanks Mirena, so I wouldn't know if i still get them!)
Not sure about the science statistics of that. I too was a late starter (15) & I'm 54 now, having scatty periods and many symptoms for about 5 years prior, but last 18 months had awful, terrible hot flushes & night sweats (having to lay a towel under myself in bed sweats). Started HRT patches last summer and every horrid symptom vanished within 6 weeks. I feel FANTASTIC now. I think a lot of factors come into play re: age - such as DNA, health, environment, fitness, lifestyle etc. My cousin (and her Mum, my aunt) were fully menopausal by the age of 30. We just all go through it at any age, really. Babs has deleted her stories because she lied. She is a fantasist, who invents scenarios to make herself appear interesting when she's absolutely anything but - because her life is empty, beige and boring. She has no REAL friends, her marriage is a sexless, loveless sham** and she has no real career.

**excerpts from her own hand, via her blogs attached.

Attachments

• Heart

yellow_daisies

VIP Member
I work in a similar area and you’re completely right - influencers make me so angry because they just have no idea how cruel and awful life can be for some people. When I started the job my predecessor told me that when you work in the realms of the dead and dying you really understand the true priorities in life. Never a truer word spoken. Of course we all have our own crosses to bear but the attitude of buy everything, see life through your iPhone screen and spend your days looking at others around you rather than appreciating what you have is particularly galling some days.
Absolutely 👏👏👏.

Reactions: 9