Brooklyn and Bailey #6 Brooklyn got a man now needs a baby too, Bailey who are you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My dad is a qualified painter and decorator (now retired) and he has never used blue tape in his life. He could cut in a window, skirting boards,cornices etc, like no one's business, not one single drip of paint anywhere, however some painters will use the blue tape to make sure they get a nice, straight line. It comes down to experience I think. My partners brothers are painters also. They don't use the blue tape, but they make their apprentices use it until they are more experienced. It's more than possible that they have apprentices on the job.
She didn't mean the painter used tape in order to paint straight lines, she meant the thing where you do a walk around of the house and you put a bit of blue tape on everything that needs fixing prior to completion, whether its paint work, door hinges, scuffs on kitchen countertop, bad electrical/wiring, leaks/damp, snags, lifting floor boards. Not just the actual paint job

Reactions: 7
A dermatologist I follow finally reviewed some of ITK. Here’s what she said:
- She didn’t like that they claim to protect against blue light (based on the lack of iron oxide)
- Synthetic fragrance and natural fragrance cause the same issues
- The spf spray doesn’t give reliable coverage, you need to actually rub it in. It can also be drying and burn
- She also mentioned how small the bottle was for $14.97

Attachments

Reactions: 16
Has anyone watched mindys last vlog? So they took their employees out for a Christmas dinner and the gift this year was time off the week between Christmas and new years…… now I understand that in corporate America it’s a big deal to get that time off but kinda says to me that company money might be flagging a bit. Wasn’t there one year that they gave all their employees brand new iPads? Just saying it’s a bit underwhelming is all 😂

Reactions: 8
Has anyone watched mindys last vlog? So they took their employees out for a Christmas dinner and the gift this year was time off the week between Christmas and new years…… now I understand that in corporate America it’s a big deal to get that time off but kinda says to me that company money might be flagging a bit. Wasn’t there one year that they gave all their employees brand new iPads? Just saying it’s a bit underwhelming is all 😂
wow US employment conditions are horrible.
I was also shocked about the drive-trough christmas lights. Surely a walk is so much nicer? I don't undertand US car culture :(

Reactions: 5
I'd give my right arm for a paid week off during the holidays without having to use up my annual allotment. But yea, if they previously got stuff like iPads, that's not a great sign lol.

Reactions: 3
I'd give my right arm for a paid week off during the holidays without having to use up my annual allotment. But yea, if they previously got stuff like iPads, that's not a great sign lol.
I swear the US is soooo bizarre regarding workers conditions. 3 month paid maternity leaves (most countries in Scandinavia get 2-3+ YEARS), healthcare nobody can afford, corporate everything…it’s just not how a country should work imho

Depending on what the empoyees earn, a payed week off might be more expensive to the company then Ipads (which they can write off for tax benefits)

Reactions: 2
While I do think it’s a nice gift, it feels kind of late to be telling them they get that time off. A lot of people travel to see family for the holidays, and would already have booked travel thinking they’d have to work some of those days. I’ve had to fly back from visiting family on Christmas Day to be able to work the 26th. While I would have loved finding out I didn’t have to work that week, it would have been frustrating to know I could have spent more time with them (or expensive to change flights on just a few weeks notice!)

Reactions: 3
I swear the US is soooo bizarre regarding workers conditions. 3 month paid maternity leaves (most countries in Scandinavia get 2-3+ YEARS), healthcare nobody can afford, corporate everything…it’s just not how a country should work imho
Are you saying 3 months paid maternity in the US? Because that's relatively rare. Actually, extremely rare in my experience. There's zero paid maternity leave unless your employer offers it and then it's usually six weeks, maybe twelve. Your job is only guaranteed for (I think) six weeks, and then an equivalent position has to be guaranteed for twelve I think (don't come at me, I'm not an employment lawyer and don't want kids so I don't keep close tabs on the laws).

And I agree with you wholeheartedly. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how we're supposed to get out of the current system and I'm not really eligible to emigrate anywhere better.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Wtf is she doing!!! She’s at a business meeting at her investor’s office. How embarrassing and unprofessional!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Those shoes and socks :sick:
Those shoes look like the 19th century ones if you had one leg shorter than the other... No offense meant at all to people with this condition.
But these are strange shoes, they look like school shoes with a big sole.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Mindy is definitely regretting not enjoying her youth and letting Mormon dictate how she should live her early life

Reactions: 15
She didn't mean the painter used tape in order to paint straight lines, she meant the thing where you do a walk around of the house and you put a bit of blue tape on everything that needs fixing prior to completion, whether its paint work, door hinges, scuffs on kitchen countertop, bad electrical/wiring, leaks/damp, snags, lifting floor boards. Not just the actual paint job
My bad, thought she had mentioned painters not getting their paintwork straight. I wasn't actually trying to be mean, just mentioned it could be because apprentices are on the job. No nastiness intended at all 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My bad, thought she had mentioned painters not getting their paintwork straight. I wasn't actually trying to be mean, just mentioned it could be because apprentices are on the job. No nastiness intended at all 🙂
No I know you didn't, but I fully agree with you that place has gone up super quickly so they more than likely used apprentices for a slap-dash paint job, along with what looked like from Brooklyn's story a multitude of blue tape issues lol.
I'm not from the US but I know that those McMansion style newbuilds that go up in about 3 months are usually poorly built and riddled with issues, so good luck to the twins.

Maybe they can give all their overworked employees a break seeing as Bailey is working SOOOOO HARD as documented on the insta stories.
Still, kinda insulting to be squirrelled in that office that gives me TV set vibes, while B&B are in New York WITH THEIR HUSBANDS in Time Square and ice-skating but constantly bragging about being in NY 'for work' because they work sooooooo hard. I'd hate to work for them.

Reactions: 4
I don’t get why they need to go to New York for their meetings and drag their whole team?

Especially their significant others? Like asa and Dakota are just sightseeing but what about their own jobs?? Are they being funded by B&B?

I don’t get why they need to go to New York for their meetings and drag their whole team?

Especially their significant others? Like asa and Dakota are just sightseeing but what about their own jobs?? Are they being funded by B&B?
I also don't get why they've all had to be shipped out to NY to 'plan something with hairitagebymindy'?

I don't understand the necessity to fly a family across the country (although its prob been written off as a business expense) to plan a collab with your literal MOM?

The twins are gallivanting and doing tourist things with their new husbands while Mindy twerks on a table. The family are a joke.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.