BroganTate #31 No exciting content for the vlog, best get on Gumtree and find a Dog!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster and long time Brogan watching sufferer. As per the many previous posts I've agreed with what you all have said, that I really used to enjoy watching her channels but that over the last couple of years (and especially during lockdown) her channel has become lazy (like her) and her interaction with her viewers (if you can call blocking any slight negative feedback as interaction) has shown just how far she has fallen from being a genuine and relatable YouTuber. But her IG stories about "learning" the piano has really riled me up. As someone who learnt and played piano for 10 years when I was younger her attitude towards this is completely wrong. She needs to start with the basics and really learn and memorise scales and chords and then play simpler pieces, and NOT jump from song to song learning random parts she likes. There would be nothing wrong with her using beginners books (I would respect her more for this) and I totally agree that she would benefit from some proper lessons from a teacher rather than following an app. And her constantly saying "guys I'm REALLY trying, this is REALLY hard" is slightly pathetic, yes learning or re-learning a skill is challenging but rewarding and seeking constant validation from people when doing this is just needy. As for her being a grade 4 player? Grade 4 my arse.

Reactions: 24
Can you not use headphones with those keyboards? It’s unfair to make your neighbours listen to that racket, there’s every chance they could have real work to do from home.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Can you not use headphones with those keyboards? It’s unfair to make your neighbours listen to that racket, there’s every chance they could have real work to do from home.
@LaurieLaurie Mines has a headphone socket i prefer my headphones as dont want my neighbours to laugh i havent got a grade 4 but managed stand by me in a day 😂 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 9
she never seems to finish one song before moving onto another? Surely that just confuses things?!
My own rule is that if you move on to another piece before perfecting one then you didn’t learn a thing if you left out the hard parts.

I wish her the best with this endeavour. Learning an instrument is one of the best things I ever did.

She should definitely get some lessons or firstly get a basic piano theory book. It will really really help her.

Reactions: 9
Yes I know

The SEISS is available for self employed people to help cover loss of earnings if they’ve had to close / reduce business because of Covid ... which we think Brogan has qualified for .. this covers 80% of your earnings up to £2500pm so Brogan could have made £7500 from the government for having a holiday which is probably no different from her usual earns and so she just decided to give up work ... it’s really intended for those who don’t have a choice

The furlough (Job retention) scheme is different and is only for employed people. it pays 80% of an employees wages to the company so that if they’ve had to close/reduce shifts etc then they don’t have to make redundancies

sorry it just annoys me when people say she’s been on furlough because she hasn’t, she couldn’t have been .. it feels like “furlough” is going to be a shaming word in the future and is synonymous with laziness which just isn’t the case .. I imagine most people who were furloughed didn’t want to be and would rather have worked

Reactions: 12
Yes I know

The SEISS is available for self employed people to help cover loss of earnings if they’ve had to close / reduce business because of Covid ... which we think Brogan has qualified for .. this covers 80% of your earnings up to £2500pm so Brogan could have made £7500 from the government for having a holiday which is probably no different from her usual earns and so she just decided to give up work ... it’s really intended for those who don’t have a choice

The furlough (Job retention) scheme is different and is only for employed people. it pays 80% of an employees wages to the company so that if they’ve had to close/reduce shifts etc then they don’t have to make redundancies

sorry it just annoys me when people say she’s been on furlough because she hasn’t, she couldn’t have been .. it feels like “furlough” is going to be a shaming word in the future and is synonymous with laziness which just isn’t the case .. I imagine most people who were furloughed didn’t want to be and would rather have worked
Thing is she hasn't needed to reduce her business because filming videos hasn't stopped because of COVID. She just chose to not bother posting. I'm more annoyed that people who need that money aren't getting it.
Furlough is not laziness at all. I was furloughed and now unemployed but I'd give anything to be making a wage from working now but got nothing.

Reactions: 25
Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster and long time Brogan watching sufferer. As per the many previous posts I've agreed with what you all have said, that I really used to enjoy watching her channels but that over the last couple of years (and especially during lockdown) her channel has become lazy (like her) and her interaction with her viewers (if you can call blocking any slight negative feedback as interaction) has shown just how far she has fallen from being a genuine and relatable YouTuber. But her IG stories about "learning" the piano has really riled me up. As someone who learnt and played piano for 10 years when I was younger her attitude towards this is completely wrong. She needs to start with the basics and really learn and memorise scales and chords and then play simpler pieces, and NOT jump from song to song learning random parts she likes. There would be nothing wrong with her using beginners books (I would respect her more for this) and I totally agree that she would benefit from some proper lessons from a teacher rather than following an app. And her constantly saying "guys I'm REALLY trying, this is REALLY hard" is slightly pathetic, yes learning or re-learning a skill is challenging but rewarding and seeking constant validation from people when doing this is just needy. As for her being a grade 4 player? Grade 4 my arse.
THIS!!
Its so painful watching her learning this way. Its embarrassing. Its going to stunt her progression doing it that way.
She's just so lazy with this too. Like she's cutting corners at every opportunity. She wants to be like Tanya Burr I think.

Also it looks like she got her main hobby back too, shopping for tat in the shops!!

Reactions: 8
Thing is she hasn't needed to reduce her business because filming videos hasn't stopped because of COVID. She just chose to not bother posting. I'm more annoyed that people who need that money aren't getting it.
Furlough is not laziness at all. I was furloughed and now unemployed but I'd give anything to be making a wage from working now but got nothing.
Thing is, she’s still been posting ADs throughout this all, there for she doesn’t deserve a penny!!! But unfortunately she’ll get some!

Just watched them, anyone can “learn” to play like that... she is watching a video on her iPad of someone showing which keys then has the cheek to say, reading music is so much harder than I remember. You aren’t reading your following a video that anyone in the world with a brain could follow on your KEYBOARD. It’s not a piano, it sound like a keyboard, looks like a keyboard then it’s.... a keyboard!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Thing is, she’s still been posting ADs throughout this all, there for she doesn’t deserve a penny!!! But unfortunately she’ll get some!
not sure how the grant works, do you get the grant if you’re earning below a certain amount? Or have no income whatsoever?

so maybe this sneaky blob has done the least amount of work so she get still have paid ad’s and get the grant? It would explain the lack of videos

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Sorry didn’t see your post earlier but everything you said! I’m a fellow pianist for over 10 years and it’s extremely frustrating to see people claim they are a certain grade when they cannot even do basic exercises and complete all the additional work/skills that goes into an examination! It’s also annoying when she’s constantly going on how she says reading music is harder than she remembers!? Reading music -the notes, timing, key signature, ornaments, flourishes isn’t hard. Sight reading is hard (well, I’m terrible at it anyway 😂) and she isn’t doing either of those things. I want her to do well but as you say it’s annoying to see someone tit all over an art form that took years of real dedication and hard graft.
She needs to go back to the very basics and start again. As others have mentioned, a proper, good tutor will probably make her do this to remove bad habits and train her in new methods that an app simply can’t do. Given it’s all that’s probably available right now it’s fair enough to her though but definitely get some super basic grade 1 books and drill through it.

Reactions: 6
not sure how the grant works, do you get the grant if you’re earning below a certain amount? Or have no income whatsoever?

so maybe this sneaky blob has done the least amount of work so she get still have paid ad’s and get the grant? It would explain the lack of videos
Basically if you can hand on heart say that you were expecting work to come in that was cancelled (for Brogan I guess this would be brand stuff she legit had lined up) or if nobody is hiring right now because your industry can hardly operate in light of COVID, then you would be able to claim. For me, lots of things shut down. I was lucky enough to only be out of work for a month but others I know in my industry were more seriously impacted.

I still reckon she applied when she didn't have tit lined up but that's because we all know she's a greedy beg. And as she got the money she decided to do no work at all.

Reactions: 2
I like the dress she’s wearing today. Blue is a colour she looks good in ☺ She ought to wear more of these cute skater dresses. They are nice for her.

looks like a keyboard then it’s.... a keyboard!

Walks like a duck sounds like a duck ITS A DUCK 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She’s blocked me and I haven’t commented or liked anything 🤣 I wasn’t even following her 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She’s bought bonnie a treat tin... brogan buy her some stimulating toys whilst you’re at it, like surely something like a kong would be good? (I don’t own a dog but I know she’s 8 but it’s not normal for her to be asleep all the time?)

A relaxed and happy dog will sleep and rest at home for way more hours than you can imagine. Plus, the dog is 9 and not 9 months. A bored and anxious dog will be awake, pacing, chewing, needing attention, etc. Bonnie seems incredibly well settled for a new dog. They should get her blood panels run anyway since they have no idea what they have bought. If she gets the all clear from the vet they have a very well adjusted dog and are very lucky.

She’s bought bonnie a treat tin... brogan buy her some stimulating toys whilst you’re at it, like surely something like a kong would be good? (I don’t own a dog but I know she’s 8 but it’s not normal for her to be asleep all the time?)
If you were stuck in the house with Brogan all day wouldn't you sleep alot aswell

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.