Brogan Tate #46 Something in common whilst apart, Brogie & Benj both eat Portuguese tart!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I love that she spreads awareness for cervical smear, however, I've heard the NHS have actually changed what they are doing with smears. They no longer check for abnormal cells. They check to see if you have HPV and if you do then you'll be invited back to check for abnormal cells. This looks to be confirmed by her letter saying she is HPV negative and they won't be checking for abnormal cells. I worry that so many women are going to be missed because of this new way of doing it.
This isn’t technically true, I haven’t watched her videos but at your smear they will check for HPV in your sample and abnormal cells. It’s possible to be positive for HPV but have no abnormal cells, you go back yearly for another smear or a colposcopy if you are HPV positive and have abnormal cells.

Reactions: 15
This isn’t technically true, I haven’t watched her videos but at your smear they will check for HPV in your sample and abnormal cells. It’s possible to be positive for HPV but have no abnormal cells, you go back yearly for another smear or a colposcopy if you are HPV positive and have abnormal cells.
Thanks for that, I was worrying about this as I've read a few conflicting things xx

Reactions: 8
So I love that she spreads awareness for cervical smear, however, I've heard the NHS have actually changed what they are doing with smears. They no longer check for abnormal cells. They check to see if you have HPV and if you do then you'll be invited back to check for abnormal cells. This looks to be confirmed by her letter saying she is HPV negative and they won't be checking for abnormal cells. I worry that so many women are going to be missed because of this new way of doing it.
It’s purely down to the NHS trust you live in, my trust does not test for cervical cancer at the same time as HPV where as where my mum lives they do. It’s made me really sad but if they have worry over either they will make you go back, she’s only not required to go back now as she has previously had HPV and abnormal cells

Reactions: 11
Whoever is tallying up how much money she is spending, £48 for the two blanket hoodies!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Whoever is tallying up how much money she is spending, £48 for the two blanket hoodies!!
I just don't see the need for these - am I just being a peasant with a normal hoodie and a blanket? :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Good god! Embarrassment at this point is just sky high. She could actually pass for his mum in this shot 😱 i also can’t even see the peak cosy because it’s hardly a good shot, is this what their life is? Crashed on the sofa in blanket hoodies every day 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I had my test a few months ago and it was stated that they only check for abnormal cells if you test positive for HPV. I think this is the new way of doing it to save time and resources.
It does worry me that because I tested negative they didn’t check for abnormal cells, especially as I missed my first invitation and didn’t go til I was 27. I suppose it makes it even more important to pay attention to any symptoms and get checked but some don’t have symptoms until it’s too late?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I have second hand cringe at the blanket pic-they are old before their time. I was not sat in blankets hoodies with my boyfriend in my 20s and I don't know anyone that did-she is so boring

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.