Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

darth_caddy

VIP Member
100% this, I think it’s important to call out when people use terms that are offensive unknowingly, so long as it’s done civilly & without accusing said people of being racist. Hip Hip Hooray, for example, originates from the German “Hep” which was historically a rallying cry to attack Jews & frequently used when forcing Jewish communities from their homes. I bet every single one of us have used that phrase and don’t have an anti-Semitic bone in our body. Since learning, I have dropped the beginning and simply use “hooray”. I take back my original comment to “move on” not because I didn’t agree but because I could see this going badly and causing arguments/discussion not appropriate for this thread. But we have an obligation to educate people when it’s required.
Some research did show that the link between hip hip hooray and the hep riots is somewhat tenuous at best, and it seems most likely that no one knows where hip hip hooray stems from.

Reactions: 2

gossgal

VIP Member
I watched Gemmas latest cleaning motovation video shes made effort even though im sick of the cosy shit.

Reactions: 2

Jxxx

VIP Member
Not now her and mumzie and besties again - she doesn’t want to cut the purse strings. Unfortunately many of us on here are long time viewers so are aware of all the drama she happily documented back then. From her mum cutting the fur off her favourite coat, to cancelling her phone contract and dumping her stuff on her fathers driveway 😂
Did she actually vlog this happening or just mention it?

Reactions: 1

MindyLahiri

VIP Member
Guys I'm sorry this is beyond off topic - but does anyone know if theres a thread for BeautyCrush/Sammi Maria?? I can't seem to find one...

Jxxx

VIP Member
Regardless of the benefits rumours he just needs to grow the fuck up and move out!! He's clearly independent in travelling ect so why are you living with your parents? Stop acting the innocent and get on your adult life!!! He screams virgin mummy's boy with no plans to move out and fend for himself. It's sad to get to that age and having nothing really to show for it.
How old is he?

whenseptemberends

(Very sorry for off topic, I didn’t write the initial post just curious )

I thought that was only if you were saying it about someone who is black though? As the word actually doesn’t mean anything racist originally. So in the case of using it about Brogan it’s not racist as she is white?
That's like saying n*gg** is only offence if said to a black person