Brogan Tate #116 An XL in spirit jerseys, an XS in brains

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A really good book is atomic habits. If you don’t want to read the whole book because you’re not as literate as Brogan is, you can watch videos on YouTube that summarise the techniques.

hahhaha nooooo!
Thanks for the tip! I bought that book but I just can't get in to it, I space out and get easily distracted, I think with all the social media I'm over stimuated 😫 (+ I'm always checking here for the goss 🤣) which youtube channel would you recommend? I type in Atomic Habits and so 😵💫

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Do we think that Brogan as done herself a disservice of not having a normal job?! Especially with January when there is usually a lot of diet and exercise chat!
She has shut herself away from anyone that would be negative to her (as seen from her revolving door of BFFs and deleting any negative constructive comments) and surround herself with fake people who are only out for themselves, and don't give 2 craps about her.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Do we think that Brogan as done herself a disservice of not having a normal job?! Especially with January when there is usually a lot of diet and exercise chat!
She has shut herself away from anyone that would be negative to her (as seen from her revolving door of BFFs and deleting any negative constructive comments) and surround herself with fake people who are only out for themselves, and don't give 2 craps about her.
Perhaps she realised early on that working for someone else isn't for her as she's held accountable, I do agree she'd benefit from a day or two in a office job (or wherever) just for some face to face chat (I would never admit that to my own employer though cus they're trying to increase our office days 🤣) I wonder if this was one of the reasons for joining the gym, she thought she'd make friends that way but it really is hard to make friends once you reach a certain age.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
If she really can’t work with or for other people (which she should work on but she won’t) she should at least be doing 1 or 2 days in a co-working space so she at least has to get up and dressed and interact with people a few days a week.

Reactions: 23
I do agree she'd benefit from a day or two in a office job (or wherever) just for some face to face chat (I would never admit that to my own employer though cus they're trying to increase our office days 🤣) I wonder if this was one of the reasons for joining the gym, she thought she'd make friends that way but it really is hard to make friends once you reach a certain age.
Exactly this. You (plural, not you specifically @Lilac95) may think you’re a badass boss witch working for yourself from home but there are so many benefits to at least working around other people. I loved WFH during covid and can be an antisocial butterfly at the best of times, but as much as i liked being at home i really missed getting ready properly in the morning and having people to chat to throughout the day. It’s not healthy for anyone to be on their own that much, even if you think you like it. I know so many people from my work that are really fighting having to come back into the office but they are a shell of the person they used to be and can’t see how much the isolation has changed them (and not in a good way).

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Thanks for the tip! I bought that book but I just can't get in to it, I space out and get easily distracted, I think with all the social media I'm over stimuated 😫 (+ I'm always checking here for the goss 🤣) which youtube channel would you recommend? I type in Atomic Habits and so 😵💫
Here’s a 10min summary

30mins one if you want more detail

Reactions: 6
She needs to get her eating under control first.
Exercise alone will not give the the weight-loss results she’s after.
It will make her feel fitter but if you’re over eating on calories then you’re going to gain weight.

Retraining your brain and changing your diet is not easy I’m going through it myself, using every high and low of life as an excuse to over eat is hard to ignore, if not impossible to do in some situations, it all depends on the person and their goals
But I don’t want to be super obese with multiple health issues.

To quote @Emmapism Brogan at 28 years old should not be breathless from walking.

Her ‘walk’ has also changed - she’s waddling which makes the camera sway - it’s sad to notice these things

I don’t love exercise and probably never will but I do it because I know it makes me stronger and I’ve made it a part of a routine so that helps me carry on doing it
I'd noticed the walking on one of the last vlogs, you can tell by the way she mov3s up and down even she walks she's having trouble. I'm surprised she hasn't started suffering from plantier facilitis at this point. She walks like a 7 month pregnant woman.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I woke up with various cramps and said right bed today except for dinner with my sister, this progreees to a half walk which progressed to a full walk as I was in the zone and I detoured to stop at the graveyard. I ended up doing a longer walk than yesterday. I had to stop a few times but I got there. We all have days where we have to argue with ourselves to get out the door and it’s sad to see someone just give up so easily. Still had plenty of time to chill today.

Reactions: 9
Exactly this. You (plural, not you specifically @Lilac95) may think you’re a badass boss witch working for yourself from home but there are so many benefits to at least working around other people. I loved WFH during covid and can be an antisocial butterfly at the best of times, but as much as i liked being at home i really missed getting ready properly in the morning and having people to chat to throughout the day. It’s not healthy for anyone to be on their own that much, even if you think you like it. I know so many people from my work that are really fighting having to come back into the office but they are a shell of the person they used to be and can’t see how much the isolation has changed them (and not in a good way).
Hard agree. I was resistant at first too. I go in a couple of days a week now and find I actually enjoy the banter. Working from home is okay some of the time, like if I have to write but I enjoy hybrid work now I'm back to doing it.

Reactions: 10
I think the antisocial piece and can’t work for or with others is yet another layer of the onion for a therapist to deal with. If it was anyone else I’d say it’s very sad but she’s really brought it on herself because she thinks she’s so wonderful and superior. The reality?! She’s a 28 year old overweight hoarder who lives with her 28 year old overweight unemployed fiancé in a falling down house in Bournemouth driving a 10 year old car bought by mummy and daddy and making shite videos for YT and IG and calling it a career.

My work is encouraging us to do 1-2 days a week in the office and I’m down for it! I saw a lot of my colleagues at our company retreat last fall and then at the holiday party and it was great to see everyone and put a face to a name you see in Teams and emails. Just waiting for my boss to organize my time slot!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Sorry to be a bit off topic here but can anyone tell me what order the Trek America videos go in? I’ve clicked on them all but can’t tell which order they go in 😂 (not to sound thick!)

Screenshots attached just to make sure I’m looking at them all & not missing any

Sorry to be a bit off topic here but can anyone tell me what order the Trek America videos go in? I’ve clicked on them all but can’t tell which order they go in 😂 (not to sound thick!)

Screenshots attached just to make sure I’m looking at them all & not missing any

Ignore this I’ve worked it out but can’t delete my post for some reason!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I'd noticed the walking on one of the last vlogs, you can tell by the way she mov3s up and down even she walks she's having trouble. I'm surprised she hasn't started suffering from plantier facilitis at this point. She walks like a 7 month pregnant woman.
It’s very sad to see, considering she is not 7months pregnant but also so young - thing is if she doesn’t get the weight off now, it’s only going to get harder as she gets old and I dare say it bigger.
And she’s pretty secrative about health issues (except if she thinks she can get subs on it) - anything like plantar fasciitis she probably wouldn’t mention it’s not ‘sad’ enough

Reactions: 17
It’s very sad to see, considering she is not 7months pregnant but also so young - thing is if she doesn’t get the weight off now, it’s only going to get harder as she gets old and I dare say it bigger.

And she’s pretty secrative about health issues (except if she thinks she can get subs on it) - anything like plantar fasciitis she probably wouldn’t mention it’s not ‘sad’ enough

Plus she'd never be able to pronounce it!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Just gave me a flashback to her attempted pronunciation of Llandrindod Wells 💀

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.