Brogan Tate #116 An XL in spirit jerseys, an XS in brains

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exercise can and should be something you enjoy! It doesn't have to be a gruelling workout in the gym - it could be swimming, yoga, Pilates, dancing, cycling etc - just as someone posted above, exercise isn't a punishment.

Additionally, there's SO much content to be had from experimenting and trying to find a new way to lose weight and feel good! I find it so frustrating when these influencers seemingly have so much time on their hands but seem to make so little use of it...

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I’m not going to pretend exercise is fun for everyone, but if you hate it so much, why have the most expensive DL membership? Crying on the treadmill 5 years ago, nothing has changed. I think the only time she enjoys it is when Benji plays tennis with her or she goes swimming and has a big lunch after.

she seems like one of those people who think throwing money at something will be the solution. Instead she could just walk for an hour Bonny everyday and not gorge. She has the time to do it. Even if she doesn’t want to lose weight it would make her so much fitter and happier and she’d also have a routine.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
She needs to get her eating under control first.
Exercise alone will not give the the weight-loss results she’s after.
It will make her feel fitter but if you’re over eating on calories then you’re going to gain weight.

Retraining your brain and changing your diet is not easy I’m going through it myself, using every high and low of life as an excuse to over eat is hard to ignore, if not impossible to do in some situations, it all depends on the person and their goals
But I don’t want to be super obese with multiple health issues.

To quote @Emmapism Brogan at 28 years old should not be breathless from walking.

Her ‘walk’ has also changed - she’s waddling which makes the camera sway - it’s sad to notice these things

I don’t love exercise and probably never will but I do it because I know it makes me stronger and I’ve made it a part of a routine so that helps me carry on doing it

• Heart
Reactions: 32
These 4/5 years have not been kind but then that’s what alcohol, bad food and sun damage does.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I think a lot of people (me included) put too much pressure on ourselves especially when it's a new year, we set ourselves too many goals and it gets overwhelming, you start failing to achieve one and it's a downward spiral, rather than setting a bunch of new years resolutions I'm going for new weekly or monthly goals instead, e.g drink 2ls of water,, then daily walks, then adding getting diet unde control, I feel I'm more likely to achieve them if they don't feel like a massive chore and I'm not trying to do them all at once

• Heart
It’s really sad that 5 years ago she wanted to make a change , saw she’d put on weight and wanted to rectify it . If you’d showed her a picture then of what she looks like now , you know she’d just be devastated

I think the bottom line is - brogan neglects herself . She might think she is pampering herself and prioritising “self care” because she buys herself treats , has lush baths , eats whatever she fancies but that’s not self care . That’s indulging all your impulses , and brogan is incredibly impulsive ! Self care is eating a balanced diet - not starving yourself and depriving yourself of treats but knowing not to overdo it and making sure you’re eating relatively healthy most of the time . Self care is putting on sun cream to avoid wrinkles and , god forbid , skin cancer . Self care is getting out of bed , cleaning the house , etc because you Know it will do your mind some good . It’s things you may not necessarily want to do in the moment , but know they’ll benefit you in the long run

she’s getting “self care” and “treat yourself” mixed up and this is where she is going wrong

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Which is obvious with how she talks about having a hot shower and clean hair will help her feel better. That's treating yourself, not self care.
It’s really sad that 5 years ago she wanted to make a change , saw she’d put on weight and wanted to rectify it . If you’d showed her a picture then of what she looks like now , you know she’d just be devastated

I think the bottom line is - brogan neglects herself . She might think she is pampering herself and prioritising “self care” because she buys herself treats , has lush baths , eats whatever she fancies but that’s not self care . That’s indulging all your impulses , and brogan is incredibly impulsive ! Self care is eating a balanced diet - not starving yourself and depriving yourself of treats but knowing not to overdo it and making sure you’re eating relatively healthy most of the time . Self care is putting on sun cream to avoid wrinkles and , god forbid , skin cancer . Self care is getting out of bed , cleaning the house , etc because you Know it will do your mind some good . It’s things you may not necessarily want to do in the moment , but know they’ll benefit you in the long run

she’s getting “self care” and “treat yourself” mixed up and this is where she is going wrong

Reactions: 11
Which is obvious with how she talks about having a hot shower and clean hair will help her feel better. That's treating yourself, not self care.
I agree . In my view , self care would be doing the work out , pushing through , and then rewarding myself with a lovely hot shower and a hair wash

shed feel really accomplished for pushing on when she didn’t want to , have all the lovely endorphins from exercise and also have the pampering treat at the end . But brogan is all about instant gratification . That’s why she loves buying things and stuffing her gob because it gives her an instant hit . She struggles to stick to exercise plans and diet plans and keeping good personal habits because it doesn’t immediately make her feel good

• Heart
Reactions: 23
The other day, after a really tit job interview, I went to the gym and had a bit of a cry in the locker room. But knew that doing a workout, taking my mind off of it and moving my body would help. And it did. I ended not feeling teary and like tit. She cries and just leaves. Not saying it's easy, but you have to learn to push through sometimes.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
The other day, after a really tit job interview, I went to the gym and had a bit of a cry in the locker room. But knew that doing a workout, taking my mind off of it and moving my body would help. And it did. I ended not feeling teary and like tit. She cries and just leaves. Not saying it's easy, but you have to learn to push through sometimes.
I am doing couch to 5k at the minute to help me get fitter after having my baby in April . Some days I am tired , emotional and I just do not want to do it . I want to spend half an hour vegging on the sofa eating chocolate instead . But , I force myself and ultimately feel better for it . Sometimes indulging yourself is necessary , but I do really believe in pushing through in order for positive habits to form

• Heart
I think a lot of people (me included) put too much pressure on ourselves especially when it's a new year, we set ourselves too many goals and it gets overwhelming, you start failing to achieve one and it's a downward spiral, rather than setting a bunch of new years resolutions I'm going for new weekly or monthly goals instead, e.g drink 2ls of water,, then daily walks, then adding getting diet unde control, I feel I'm more likely to achieve them if they don't feel like a massive chore and I'm not trying to do them all at once
This this this. My attitude is 'do something'. Whether that be preparing a healthy lunch or going for a walk, getting a full 8 hours sleep or going to the gym. I like to do something every day that future Emmapism will thank me for. This all or nothing stuff keeps people trapped in guilt and diet cycles when you should just be trying to do something.

Off to the gym later today to kick and punch some stuff. I parcel that up with going to get a nice coffee and reading some of my new book. I have to walk 35 mins to the gym so a stop off along the way makes it feel like less of a chore.

Don't be Brogan should be everyone's new year mantra 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
My walk generally brings me past multiple coffee shops so I regularly stop off at for a tea on the way home to keep warm. It keeps me motivated. The difference is we can resist the cakes and only get them as a treat.

Reactions: 14
So looks like Brogan is planning a dog tattoo and in stark contrast Bianca’s pinterest is full of baby nursery inspo 

She must be desperate to get out

t

She'll never get a

So looks like Brogan is planning a dog tattoo and in stark contrast Bianca’s pinterest is full of baby nursery inspo 

She must be desperate to get out of bridesmaid duties 

She'll never get a tattoo, she's far too vanilla for that

• Haha
Reactions: 15

I ❤❤❤ this post. I'm subscribed to a YT channel called 'Alexandra's Girly Talk' and she made a video a few years ago that completely changed my perspective on what self-care is, and your post sums it up! Brogan would benefit from watching even just the first 2 minutes, as Alexandra describes exactly what Brogan does as what she was doing and then wondering why she wasn't feeling the benefits from her "self-care" - basically filling an emotional hole with buying "stuff" which only gave a temporary high. This is the video if anyone wants to check it out:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.