Brittany Bathgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was it just me or did anyone else get a bit of OCD vibes from BB in the latest vlog (especially with the skin picking comments) ... I really hope she is okay. Her comments that she has only had Dean, one friend and a counsellor to talk to made me feel for her. I get the impression she doesn't have a wide circle of friends. I also imagine that her friendships will be tied up from her relationship with Dean.

Once again another vlog where BB buys 2x new lamps, new Jill Sander boots, new coat, robot vacuum/ hoover .... i don't think those things were gifted? Her new flat is so gorgeous, it needs to be filled with beautiful new things. I cringed a little bit when she was explaining that she was replacing lamps she already had (and were already gorgeous) with new lamps. BB doesn't seem that active on Insta or YouTube with sponsored content. How much do you think she's actually earning? Is she able to charge a lot for not much? Once again I'm left feeling really confused/ fascinated where these magical pots of money come from....

Reactions: 3
Her new flat was for sale for £400k. So, I assume she has quite enough to fund her new life without Dean.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Was it just me or did anyone else get a bit of OCD vibes from BB in the latest vlog (especially with the skin picking comments) ... I really hope she is okay. Her comments that she has only had Dean, one friend and a counsellor to talk to made me feel for her. I get the impression she doesn't have a wide circle of friends. I also imagine that her friendships will be tied up from her relationship with Dean.
I don't feel sorry for her. She's a nasty conceited person, I'm not surprised she only has Dean and her councillor to talk to. Maybe this alone time will give her some good for thought and she can start working on herself instead of just buying new things to fill a void......

• Heart
Reactions: 2
So did she buy the flat? Would seem like an odd permanent decision seeing as it's a trial separation.

I'm also confused where all this money comes from, she must have spent thousands this month on just stuff, but she doesn't churn out the content??

Reactions: 3
I doubt it is a trial separation as I can’t see her wanting to move back into the other house now she’s fully focused on decorating the flat. I do like a lot of her aesthetic, although completely out of my budget, but it does all seem oddly hollow for some reason. I guess Instagram and YouTube only shows a small, highly curated portion of someone’s life but the never ending consumption is troubling. I think a lot of Instagrammers and YouTubers also try to seem relatable, I remember Brittany, in a previous video, she was going to Waitrose as a treat, which I didn’t feel rang true at the time but this move has as someone said in an earlier post ‘exposed her privilege’. I think she’s less concerned with seeming relatable which may be why I’m finding the changes so disconcerting.

Reactions: 1
The truly sad thing is that she seems to have nothing apart from putting together expensive pretty things. The aesthetic she “curates”, or should I rather say follows, is not something she proactively works on. She doesn’t create things, she doesn’t seem really involved in any hobbies, she’s not a good writer, the photos are rarely taken by her, but of her, and on top of this she doesn’t seem to have cultivated truly meaningful relationships beyond Dean. Admittedly, I wouldn’t mind the financial aspect of her living, it would however kill me to have such emptiness in my life.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Does she have a management company that deals with brands etc? And yes...where is her magic money tree.

The truly sad thing is that she seems to have nothing apart from putting together expensive pretty things. The aesthetic she “curates”, or should I rather say follows, is not something she proactively works on. She doesn’t create things, she doesn’t seem really involved in any hobbies, she’s not a good writer, the photos are rarely taken by her, but of her, and on top of this she doesn’t seem to have cultivated truly meaningful relationships beyond Dean. Admittedly, I wouldn’t mind the financial aspect of her living, it would however kill me to have such emptiness in my life.
Emptiness is right.

You've summed up why I find BB so repulsive. She's curated this seemingly perfect and beautiful lifestyle.... Yet it's all just a facade. It's all fake. She doesn't have any meaningful relationships or hobbies or interests. It's all for show. It's very sad really.

Reactions: 6
Aw, there's something about her I really like but this chapter in her life has definitely highlighted how alone she is, she must be going out of her mind most days - but I do agree, the incessant buying of expensive goods is quite addictive isn't it? please tell me how she can afford all of this, perhaps Norfolk (think that's where she lives) is just really cheap to live?

Reactions: 5
Aw, there's something about her I really like but this chapter in her life has definitely highlighted how alone she is, she must be going out of her mind most days - but I do agree, the incessant buying of expensive goods is quite addictive isn't it? please tell me how she can afford all of this, perhaps Norfolk (think that's where she lives) is just really cheap to live?
I wonder if lockdown makes her seem more alone than she is? Her job is quite an isolated one anyway and especially this year without the brand launches and trips away that influencers used to take it has meant a lot of solo walks etc.

Once again another vlog where BB buys 2x new lamps, new Jill Sander boots, new coat, robot vacuum/ hoover .... i don't think those things were gifted? Her new flat is so gorgeous, it needs to be filled with beautiful new things. I cringed a little bit when she was explaining that she was replacing lamps she already had (and were already gorgeous) with new lamps. BB doesn't seem that active on Insta or YouTube with sponsored content. How much do you think she's actually earning? Is she able to charge a lot for not much? Once again I'm left feeling really confused/ fascinated where these magical pots of money come from....
She not close to her family then ?

I like her because I don’t think she’s as vapid as other influencers & she does have hobbies & interests (running, reading, design, art, architecture). She is totally out of my league budget-wise but I don’t watch/follow her because she’s relatable but because she’s aspirational. I like that she makes considered choices with a consistent aesthetic & doesn’t jump on bandwagons like all the other insta-clones.

Reactions: 7
I like her because I don’t think she’s as vapid as other influencers & she does have hobbies & interests (running, reading, design, art, architecture). She is totally out of my league budget-wise but I don’t watch/follow her because she’s relatable but because she’s aspirational. I like that she makes considered choices with a consistent aesthetic & doesn’t jump on bandwagons like all the other insta-clones.
I know she mentioned in her last video that people mentioned that she wore very expensive clothes, but for me if i see her wearing a really nice item of clothing, i pick up on her key words she would use such a dropped shoulders, longline, particular materials and if I'm interested in something similar, I scour the net trying to find cheaper versions haha. x

Reactions: 5
She is though, it's just BB seems more appealing and upmarket beause she's more Kinfolk and less high street. It's all very contrived and set up to make people aspire to this "perfect" lifestyle. She has expensive clothes, expensive homewares, expensive style. She stands out next to the usual infleuncer crowd because she isn't wearing loads of fast fashion. It's just a different kind of vapid.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
She comes across as knowing very little about these interests though. And she is jumping on a bandwagon, just a different one. You just need to follow a different bunch to realise.

She is though, it's just BB seems more appealing and upmarket beause she's more Kinfolk and less high street. It's all very contrived and set up to make people aspire to this "perfect" lifestyle. She has expensive clothes, expensive homewares, expensive style. She stands out next to the usual infleuncer crowd because she isn't wearing loads of fast fashion. It's just a different kind of vapid.
Exactly!

Reactions: 10
I guess we all see/respond to different things. But I do believe that she is more of a leader than a follower. She will do/comment/buy something & then lo & behold Emma Hill, Anna Edit, Lizzy Hadfield will all follow suit. I think her art school background has informed her taste & gives her slightly more authority when it comes to her aesthetic choices. But each to his/her own!

Reactions: 9
Her new flat was for sale for £400k. So, I assume she has quite enough to fund her new life without Dean.
That listing is not for Brittany’s flat, it’s a different flat in the same building.

Brittany is easily earning six figures. She wouldn’t have difficultly getting a mortgage, if she is renting the annual rent is probably around 10% of her yearly income. She can easily afford this.

Brittany ins’t as privileged or as vapid as other influencers, especially compared to Lizzy who is so often mentioned on this thread.
She always had some semblance of a following but she really built up her IG following when she moved back from Australia. Back then she bought all her own clothes, mid-tier designer clothes could only be bought second hand and she considered the APC Demi Lune bag a big investment.
Brittany’s always been into tailoring, more conscious of how clothes are made and she never really indulged in true fast fashion. She kept her 'normal' job for years and has always been interested in running, art and design unlike most she can articulate her own thoughts around them.

I do find Brittany problematic in many ways and dislike her for whatever reason you want but she just isn’t what some people are making her out to be.

I noticed in the vlog when they installed the stair handrail that Brittany said when they sell the house. It’s probably also why they’ve finally got around to finishing the downstairs bathroom.

Reactions: 9
Literally all the things you listed are reasons why BB is reality privileged.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.