Brittany Bathgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she’s trying to be mindful of Dean’s feelings which is commendable. He hasn’t signed up to live his life online. I think she handled it well. I hope they are both ok & can stay friends. They seem very fond of each other.

Reactions: 4
I think she’s trying to be mindful of Dean’s feelings which is commendable. He hasn’t signed up to live his life online. I think she handled it well. I hope they are both ok & can stay friends. They seem very fond of each other.
I agree, these things happen all the time, the attraction goes but the love is there x

Reactions: 3
Off topic but I’ve never seen her videos before (just ig) and her mannerisms / facial expressions remind me of Davina McCall? No shade I just noticed

Reactions: 2
BB made it pretty obvious that this had been coming for a while. She said she was scared to confront issues, like her mental health and their relationship. It sounds very definitive, except for the part where she said "we're trying a separation". Seems like one or both of them are struggling to let go, which makes sense because they'#ve been together for so long. You don't move into another place and buy new furniture if you're not pretty certain you're splitting up for good (who can afford to do that anyway? an example of how much £££ they have)
She also mentioned they’re in a bubble together during this second lockdown, which presumably means they are still seeing each other? I found that quite interesting as surely if you’ve separated and want time apart you wouldn’t bubble with your ex?

She also mentioned they’re in a bubble together during this second lockdown, which presumably means they are still seeing each other? I found that quite interesting as surely if you’ve separated and want time apart you wouldn’t bubble with your ex?
yep, they are still seeing each other as he is at the end of the vlog. And she said they are in good terms. I really found the way the handled everything very mature and I truly think nothing major happened between the two. They most likely care about one another but maybe the attraction and the romantic aspect of their relationship is no longer there and the love they feel is more friend-type than anything else.

I do remember people on Tattle speculating about the nature of their relationship because they did seem more like friends/flatmates than a romatnic couple.

Weirdly enough, I've also found her new flat. Quite an upgrade from her two up two down.

Reactions: 1
i think the way BB discussed the break up was really mature and level-headed. It has obviously been in the works for a while. It's really interesting that people had commented on the nature of their relationship a while ago, i had never picked up on that. i have always seen them as a really solid couple, and it goes to show you never know what is going on behind closed doors. i knew they got engaged a long time ago but it never went any further.

BB made it pretty obvious that this had been coming for a while. She said she was scared to confront issues, like her mental health and their relationship. It sounds very definitive, except for the part where she said "we're trying a separation". Seems like one or both of them are struggling to let go, which makes sense because they'#ve been together for so long. You don't move into another place and buy new furniture if you're not pretty certain you're splitting up for good (who can afford to do that anyway? an example of how much £££ they have)
as a viewer i found it really hard to watch the amount of money she has obviously spent on moving into a new flat, and again making a vlog where all she seems to do is spend spend spend. it makes breakups a lot easier when you don't need to worry about affording to buy all new furniture or when a new place means 'new content'. that doesn't sit right with me, but i guess that is the reality of youtube.

the curious part of me would love to know how they have set up their finances especially given they had invested so much in renovating their house together. it is interesting to see the pieces of furniture BB has from their house, like that secondhand chair they bought not that long ago.

As a viewer i found it really hard to watch the amount of money she has obviously spent on moving into a new flat, and again making a vlog where all she seems to do is spend spend spend. it makes breakups a lot easier when you don't need to worry about affording to buy all new furniture or when a new place means 'new content'. that doesn't sit right with me, but i guess that is the reality of youtube.

the curious part of me would love to know how they have set up their finances especially given they had invested so much in renovating their house together. it is interesting to see the pieces of furniture BB has from their house, like that secondhand chair they bought not that long ago.

This is very true. I know a few people who are going through breakups and I've never seen it look so easy than how BB has portrayed it. The people I know are struggling to separate because they can't afford to move out or furnish a new place alone. It's nice that BB's money has made it easier/more comfortable for her in this way. No hate but surely she must see how privileged this comes across?

I'm curious why they decided BB should move out and how they've splitting things. Usually people have to wait to sell off the home/possessions in order to afford a new place...

Reactions: 2
Same here, really appreciate how she announced the news and the way she asked for privacy was crystal clear, mature and level-headed!

(This is what Lizzy didn't know how to do when she very suddenly broke up with Ben)
Breaking up after 12 years is usually a longer process, less sudden than after a year or two, so it’s easier to talk about it and address it in a calmer more mature way.

Last edited:
as a viewer i found it really hard to watch the amount of money she has obviously spent on moving into a new flat, and again making a vlog where all she seems to do is spend spend spend. it makes breakups a lot easier when you don't need to worry about affording to buy all new furniture or when a new place means 'new content'. that doesn't sit right with me, but i guess that is the reality of youtube.
Absolutely agree with this. I was shocked at her buying books just to fill the shelves, while explaining she hasn’t even read half of what she already has. I have a long list of books I would love to buy but I can’t afford it. Not to mention that I wouldn’t have that much space to store them. The financial reality of these influencers is just really bizarre.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Breaking up after 12 years is usually a longer process, less sudden than after a year or two, so it’s easier to talk about it and address it in a calmer more mature way.
Tell that to Estée 😅

Regardless of the relationship duration, I think it's always a tricky thing to address and some people handle it better than others. In this case it's obviously been a long time coming but I don't know that it makes it easier to digest and make public. It's mostly down to her being more mature than most influencers out there

Reactions: 6
View attachment 323617

I think it's safe to say they are in pretty good terms
This comes across to me like two people who desperately want to maintian a friendship after a long relationship ends. What usually happens is you drift apart. It's hard to stay friends with an ex who you were with, especially when they were together so long. This reeks of trying too hard to be friendly. I'd bet money on them not being friends in 12 months.

it always seems to be the longest relationships that break up that try to remain "friends". i.e tanya and jim. it comes off very forced i agree. they probably dont really know how to live without each other so cling onto their comfort

it always seems to be the longest relationships that break up that try to remain "friends". i.e tanya and jim. it comes off very forced i agree. they probably dont really know how to live without each other so cling onto their comfort
You said it beter than I did! It feels very clingy to be leaving comments like this publicy. "we've split up but we're ok!" when really it comes across as though thtye're trying too hard to keep up appearances.

You said it beter than I did! It feels very clingy to be leaving comments like this publicy. "we've split up but we're ok!" when really it comes across as though thtye're trying too hard to keep up appearances.
Yeah I get the vibe of trying to keep up appearances and prove to everyone they are on good terms when couples comment like that, because why else have it on social media?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.