Brittany Bathgate #2 Buying things to fill the gaping hole in her personality

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Vulgar is absolutely the word for it. Especially when coupled with her complaints that she's not getting paid enough for what she does. You get paid in perks and cloth, Brittany. At one point in your life that was enough for you to want to do it, and in the intervening years you've done absolutely nothing to work towards side stepping into something that will sustain you later in life. I'm struggling to think of another industry where you would get away with doing as little as she does and be paid that much, be it in clothes, cash, ADs, endorsement fees or affiliate links etc.

Reactions: 14
Just for fun I totalled up the prices for every outfit linked in the description box... £15062.80 all in all 😳 And that's not an exact figure for each of those outfits because some she rewore shoes, didn't link her earrings etc. I know she will have paid or got discount for some of it but even so. The thing that plays on my mind the most is I bet that's not even the garment workers who made those trousers (for example) annual salary, and that's just based on maybe a couple of months gifting and/or purchases with discount?
this is it, isn't it? BB thinks paying more for clothings = more sustainable/ethical fashion and that's complete bullshit. Just because a brand sells their clothes for £££ doesn't mean they made them in a sustainable way. she's completely clueless about sustainability or what makes clothing ethical/durable/sustainable and she doesn#t even try to learn. she thinks she knows best even though she's done zero research.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
it's sustainable when you have money to throw on things or when every second pair of trousers are g i f t e d. meanwhile some of us are still getting use out of clothes we bought 5, 6 years ago🤷‍♀️ really, the most sustainable thing you can wear is something you already own. really how many pairs of black straight leg trousers is too many before you start saying no to companies and brands when they approach influencers like BB and offer them as gifts? which she then will flog to us. and some new chap in the YT comments section will rightfully ask why do i have to pay for a patreon when all the money will go towards purchasing another pair of *gasp* black trousers. then BB will remind us that everything else is for FREE but really is anything free in this world? not really, considering brands and companies tie up with her in exchange for viewer counts and follows which she will use as leverage to partner with bigger (and "better") brands, and this vicious cycle will go on.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
There's no thought to sustainability when she's accepting these clothes. She just likes the look of them, as she alluded to in her "going to a gallery look" she wants to LOOK "artsy" she wants to LOOK like she knows what she's talking about even if she hasn't done any research on the subject matter. Just because a jumper costs an extortionate amount of money, doesn't mean it didn't come from the same factory as one that cost less than a third of its price - it's just had a different label sewn into it. Doesn't mean it's better for the environment, or that the person who made it got paid any better etc etc. I don't know if anyone's ever got to the bottom of labels like The Rows sustainability policies or if they even abide by what they claim? Brittany doesn't care about any of that regardless of what she says because she keeps accepting slightly different versions of the same pieces of clothing, the only difference is they seem to be coming from more and more expensive brands every time. The most sustainable thing is the one you already own and have had for years

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Has she ever mentioned the website, Good On You? It would be my #1 most mentioned and recommended service if I were positioning myself as a sustainable/ethical/conscious social media profile.

If she hasn't - well, BB, here's a tip for you. Tell the world about GoodOnYou.eco, maybe even make a video where you run a few well-known brands through their brand directory. See how much you can justify supporting brands like Cos after doing so.

Reactions: 8
Has she ever mentioned the website, Good On You? It would be my #1 most mentioned and recommended service if I were positioning myself as a sustainable/ethical/conscious social media profile.

If she hasn't - well, BB, here's a tip for you. Tell the world about GoodOnYou.eco, maybe even make a video where you run a few well-known brands through their brand directory. See how much you can justify supporting brands like Cos after doing so.
That would be bit embarrassing for her though, wouldn't it? Because I don't think any of the labels she raves on about so often would do well...and can you imagine BB acknowledging her mistake of claiming they were super trouper ethical? Or just saying she didn't care? (To be fair, her followers would lap it up. Endless streams of "Oh my god, such an inspiration! I love how you are just a human, what matters is your will to change!"😐)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She now has THREE of the rubber KASSL 'Below' coats - one in an orangey colour, one in a chocolatey-burgundy, and now the beige colour she showed in her latest video. Those costs cost £750 new. Regardless of the brand's ethics and sustainability standpoint, to own three of the exact same thing is excessive

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
She now has THREE of the rubber KASSL 'Below' coats - one in an orangey colour, one in a chocolatey-burgundy, and now the beige colour she showed in her latest video. Those costs cost £750 new. Regardless of the brand's ethics and sustainability standpoint, to own three of the exact same thing is excessive
Seem to remember a navy one too, which would make four

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Seem to remember a navy one too, which would make four
This is niche, but I remember the video where she was wearing and talking about the brown one and it was just SO clear she didn’t like the colour. Ok, that’s fine, but why accept the product then? The whole dialogue was just so uncomfortable and I’ve never seen her wear the brown version since. Happy to be corrected on that one though.

Edited to remove excessive ‘sos’

Reactions: 4
why do i remember her saying she liked the chocolate-burgundy (the brown one right?) coat? of course, i haven't seen it on her since
Yes! I’m so glad someone else remembers this. When she showed it and talked about it, the dislike of the colour was palpable in the way she described it. Those coats are £££, just DON’T accept the gift if you hate it that much.

Reactions: 2
She clearly has imposter syndrome because she is one. Look artsy. Look intelligent. Look sustainable. Look well read. Look upbeat. Look minimalist.

Under the perfect icing the cake is rotten, or at least, past its sell-by date and on its way to going bad.

Reactions: 11
She's just sold another Kassl coat on Depop. She's drowning in the bloody things.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
Does BB know what misogynistic means? (rhetorical - hahaha)

Doesn't she say when things are/aren't flattering on her ALL the TIME? As, in I'm only 5ft 3" so these pants although cropped on the website are really flattering for my height etc. So if someone says her oversized wardrobe sometimes swamps her, that's misogyny? Or because someone says she looks boring and beige. Oh that's misogyny is it? In what sense? It maybe, but definitely requires more context. Please explain.

But she doesn't explain does she? Because she just uses words she thinks sound clever or on trend (body positivity etc). Nothing against these topics, but sprinkling these terms around doesn't make them the case. Where's the analysis, Ms. I know my Duchamps from my Dalis? :rolleyes:

P.S. Art history isn't just knowing who the artist is like some form of name the painter Trivial Pursuit right? When she got that Noguchi lamp do we remember that she never mentioned Noguchi at all or went into his background? She just called it "the Japanese lamp" LOL. While he had Japanese parents he spent most of his childhood and adult life living in America and married the Japanese aesthetics with mid century American style. It's not a "Japanese lamp" at all really. I remember talking about how she didn't know any of that or bother to look it up. That he lived in a rather unfashionable industrial corner of Queens for years. It was just an expensive/classy object to her. But then she goes to the Noguchi exhibit and all of a sudden she's an expert on him having never talked about it or recognizing him in that almost full length unboxing of it. That's BB in a nutshell really (now I'm thinking of Austin Powers in a literal nutshell 🤣).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
ughhhhh new fecking video :cry: spoiler alert: she cries. wish i could just cry to all my editors and get a pity party going, make it easier to get work done and get paid $$$. she's SUCH a privileged brat and she knows it.

victimhood as violence in BB's white feminism has got me feeling extremely sick. this toxic wielding of femininity through tears is to basically paint her (and other similar white women) as helpless against the world. she's just a trendy karen weaponising her victimhood. not shitting on BB's state of mental health but for someone who can afford a huge house for a single person, all the fancy Augustinus Bader face cream, many Kassl coats etc etc, somehow therapy is never in the picture. all that's present is Victimhood with a capital V and for her audience to assuage her so-called guilt and feelings of shame. it's all just "oh look at poor me CRYING in front of you people. LOOK at how brave my poor soul is. i'm SO relatable and cute and funny oh my gosh the light in this room is soooo dim...just like me *cries*...ohhh look self-care in the form of a....bath!!!" therapy is only for people who can't afford jolly trips to London and unnecessary cardigans.

thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
ughhhhh new fecking video :cry: spoiler alert: she cries. wish i could just cry to all my editors and get a pity party going, make it easier to get work done and get paid $$$. she's SUCH a privileged brat and she knows it.

victimhood as violence in BB's white feminism has got me feeling extremely sick. this toxic wielding of femininity through tears is to basically paint her (and other similar white women) as helpless against the world. she's just a trendy karen weaponising her victimhood. not shitting on BB's state of mental health but for someone who can afford a huge house for a single person, all the fancy Augustinus Bader face cream, many Kassl coats etc etc, somehow therapy is never in the picture. all that's present is Victimhood with a capital V and for her audience to assuage her so-called guilt and feelings of shame. it's all just "oh look at poor me CRYING in front of you people. LOOK at how brave my poor soul is. i'm SO relatable and cute and funny oh my gosh the light in this room is soooo dim...just like me *cries*...ohhh look self-care in the form of a....bath!!!" therapy is only for people who can't afford jolly trips to London and unnecessary cardigans.

thanks for coming to my TED talk.
i agree that bb is a privileged white woman with a lot access to things other people don't have. but this idea that it's "white woman tears" every time a white woman cries is quite an icky idea and has been used as a weapon against white woman regardless of the source of those tears. "white woman tears" has nothing to do with this situation. she's not trying to make herself the victim at the expense of a black person (which is where the term came from).

yes, BB is privileged. yes, she is a white woman. yes, she can afford an expensive lifestyle. yes, she has access to mental health support. but that doesn't mean she isn't allowed to cry about it. just because other people have it worse doesn't mean she isn't allowed to have mental health struggles or that they are insignificant.

having said that I do think BB is crying on camera to garner sympathy because she's reading here maybe and it's affected her because she knows qutie a lot of the criticism is true.

Reactions: 12
white woman tears has everything to do with this situation. the idea of crying to use sympathy while trying to defend claims of misogyny by her, a white woman, which has been unfounded is kinda a basis for it? and her crying on camera is performative. she herself questions whether or not to use the said crying footage and then goes forward to use it. this could've been done quietly. if BB had used the footage without trying to make it seem like she was doing the tough thing of including it, then that's different.

it's also not a question of her not being allowed to cry about it. like i've mentioned before, it's her channel. she is entitled to do whatever she wants. but acting like she's doing the "brave" thing for including a footage of her crying, has all the markings of a very performative white woman suffering. it seems like a "weapon against white women" because it is sadly considered the norm. whiteness isn't neutral or void of race that someone who is white is exempt of such analysis. nor is it always in relation with a black person. whiteness is important in structuring relations with other races yes, but where are we supposed to situate BB in this? a lot of people go through life without thinking about race or find the need to challenge status quo. BB is one of them.

BB goes on to say that she doesn't want to attend a certain event because it's not diverse enough but the other event has diversity. i mean LOL. if she was really concerned about having a diverse table, she'd pass on the opportunity. not talk about it for two seconds while her performative crying gets the prime opening slot. this script of guilt and presumed ignorance that BB constructs is very laughable and is a common tool used by women at the top of their pecking order (because if i say white women well it's gonna start a riot isn't it) in relation to their "feminist" struggles.

the thing with race and privilege (intertwining with gender and class and sexuality) is it also shapes the identity of white women and challenges their experiences. it is a valid point from my perspective. BB has a platform where she does her performance. i critique it using my lived experiences.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
white woman tears has everything to do with this situation. the idea of crying to use sympathy while trying to defend claims of misogyny by her, a white woman, which has been unfounded is kinda a basis for it? and her crying on camera is performative. she herself questions whether or not to use the said crying footage and then goes forward to use it. this could've been done quietly. if BB had used the footage without trying to make it seem like she was doing the tough thing of including it, then that's different.
crying on camera might be performative but it's not white woman tears. you're reaching. white woman tears is something that is almost exclusively used when a white woman cries to garner sympathy when she's done something racist and/or abusive. BB hasn't done that here at all and while I agree crying on camera is performative and manipulative, I think it's really low to accuse her of weaponising her tears when there's literally no one she's attacking by crying.

it's also not a question of her not being allowed to cry about it. like i've mentioned before, it's her channel. she is entitled to do whatever she wants. but acting like she's doing the "brave" thing for including a footage of her crying, has all the markings of a very performative white woman suffering. it seems like a "weapon against white women" because it is sadly the norm. BB goes on to say that she doesn't want to attend a certain event because it's not diverse enough but the other event has diversity. i mean LOL. if she was really concerned about having a diverse table, she'd pass on the opportunity. not talk about it for two seconds while her performative crying gets the prime opening slot. this script of guilt and presumed ignorance that BB constructs is very laughable and is a common tool used by women at the top of their pecking order (because if i say white women well it's gonna start a riot isn't it) in relation to their "feminist" struggles.
to me it comes across as you're trying to insuate something that isn't there, and it's gross of you to try to manipulate what happened (BB crying on camera) into something race motivated. yes, she mentioned the event being more diverse and others not so much but this was after the crying on camera and completely unrelated. she was crying on camera to get sympathy and it came across as very disingenous to me. I have no doubt she's been reading here and has taken a lot of what's been said to heart. to insinuate that somehow it's "white woman tears" is shoehorning a trendy catchphrase into a situation that didn't happen.

there are a lot of things to criticise BB about but this is not one of them.

Reactions: 9