Brittany Bathgate #2 Buying things to fill the gaping hole in her personality

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I promise you guys my commented wasn't targeted at anyone, just trying to keep myself in check as much as anyone else. Totally get the other points too. I argue with myself about things all the time, take both sides of a position to try to figure it out. It definitely seems like people leverage mental health in a self serving way too.

Reactions: 7
As someone who is on a medical leave for mental health issues stemming from my job, I can say that while we all suffer from mental health concerns, I think BB is using it as an excuse, as someone else mentioned. Does that sound harsh? Maybe. But truly, this woman has so much time, money to focus on herself. To be her best self. Instead she does a half-assed job of creating content and whinges. If say she cannot hold herself back from complaining online to complete strangers, then Dean and the friends at the studio should hold her back and take away her camera.. But my hunch is she can restrain herself and the whingeing is for the sycophantic followers to boost her and to have some talking points to sound cool and relevant to her desired circle who have to be either super busy building their art/businesses or are similarly influencers.

Her biggest issue seems to be not wanting to be labelled an influencer but wanting that lifestyle. Just be honest with yourself BB, accept it, embrace it and live in your truth free from blame. All of us without the opportunities, money and time would love to live with your excessive lifestyle and release ourselves from feeling aggrieved about the job title. Say what you mean, mean what you say. You're an influencer. Be authentic by embracing reality.

If you want a career change, make it happen, but do something. Don't pretend to be a "creative" when really you are an influencer. Wake up.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
As someone who is on a medical leave for mental health issues stemming from my job, I can say that while we all suffer from mental health concerns, I think BB is using it as an excuse, as someone else mentioned. Does that sound harsh? Maybe. But truly, this woman has so much time, money to focus on herself. To be her best self. Instead she does a half-assed job of creating content and whinges. If say she cannot hold herself back from complaining online to complete strangers, then Dean and the friends at the studio should hold her back and take away her camera.. But my hunch is she can restrain herself and the whingeing is for the sycophantic followers to boost her and to have some talking points to sound cool and relevant to her desired circle who have to be either super busy building their art/businesses or are similarly influencers.

Her biggest issue seems to be not wanting to be labelled an influencer but wanting that lifestyle. Just be honest with yourself BB, accept it, embrace it and live in your truth free from blame. All of us without the opportunities, money and time would love to live with your excessive lifestyle and release ourselves from feeling aggrieved about the job title. Say what you mean, mean what you say. You're an influencer. Be authentic by embracing reality.

If you want a career change, make it happen, but do something. Don't pretend to be a "creative" when really you are an influencer. Wake up.
Completely agree 👏

Reactions: 2

Really well said! Totally agree with all point. Hope you’re ok. Sending hugs xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
As someone who is on a medical leave for mental health issues stemming from my job, I can say that while we all suffer from mental health concerns, I think BB is using it as an excuse, as someone else mentioned. Does that sound harsh? Maybe. But truly, this woman has so much time, money to focus on herself. To be her best self. Instead she does a half-assed job of creating content and whinges.
I have to agree. I sympathise with her for struggling with anxiety? imposter syndrome, whatever. and I don't think that just becuase someone has it worse means you can't feel awful.. I think there's a difference between having serious mental health issues that prevent you from doing all sorts of things though. BB has the kind that is basically just a bit of anxiety and worry, which the majority of us experience from time to time. she needs to get over it, go to therapy, learn some coping mechanisms and stop whining.

I think she's lost herself in her influencing job and overthinks it too much. In the Patreon video she says sponsorships make her feel icky. In the recent video, she points out work with some very expensive brand (can't remember the label) and then she says eagerly: "ooo, check me out!" So, what is it then? Does your paid work make you feel icky or not?

Reactions: 12
She's also still aff linking (Uniqlo trench), although that makes her feel icky, under the guise that people might not be able to find items. I'm guessing because it's a popular item and a more accessible price point for her users she could make a decent amount from the links.

She's just a walking contradiction, trying to appear like she doesn't try hard when she tries too hard, trying to act like not the other influencers when she is one. Just own what you are.

Reactions: 10
I think everyone's comments about BB has been valid so far, but I think it's rather careless to minimise her whatever mental health issues she may be dealing with just because of the privileges she's been afforded. The woman said she's been dealing with the fear of leaving her home on and off, for 2 yrs. That is legitimate mental health issue, and it varies from very mild to extreme. Some people with this issue are perhaps only able to leave the house twice a week by themselves whereas others cannot leave the house under any circumstance whatsoever.
In addition to that, her being a white woman who is living in the West and is able to drape herself in The Row and Lemaire garms, doesn't take away from her internal issues either. Because she's a white woman she can't struggle or vocalise her struggles? Weird take. And I'm a black woman with mental health issues saying this. Vilifying white women purely on the basis because they're white and because of all of the societal privileges that come with being white, and on top of that, pretty much stating that they don't know what is to struggle to any degree, is low-key juvenile, and doesn't hold up as an affective means of spearheading conversations about the mental health issues that poc deal with in this society. If anything, it just perpetuates endless argument and resentment from both sides. Yeah we get it, white people have privilege, we've had a thousand conversations about it, but how does that help me or change my life/make it better? Like, what now?? And I know very well that the white women here (and this is a predominantly white female space so I know most of the women in this thread are white) didn't take lightly to that, but you feel like you had to accept it because that's how to be an ally or whatever. Lol, okay.

But anyway, I've said all I had to on the matter. Continue.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I think everyone's comments about BB has been valid so far, but I think it's rather careless to minimise her whatever mental health issues she may be dealing with just because of the privileges she's been afforded. The woman said she's been dealing with the fear of leaving her home on and off, for 2 yrs. That is legitimate mental health issue, and it varies from very mild to extreme. Some people with this issue are perhaps only able to leave the house twice a week by themselves whereas others cannot leave the house under any circumstance whatsoever. Most importantly, I don't understand

is she struggling though? because she happily goes travelling several times a year (even during a pandemic!) and manages to get herself out of bed and to PR events where she's gifted expensive items for free. I don't want to mimise anyone's mental health struggles. BB makes it hard to sympathise with her though when, on one hand she talks about anxiety and her fear of leaving the house, and in the next breath she's being rather smug about working with certain luxurt brands...

Reactions: 5
is she struggling though? because she happily goes travelling several times a year (even during a pandemic!) and manages to get herself out of bed and to PR events where she's gifted expensive items for free. I don't want to mimise anyone's mental health struggles. BB makes it hard to sympathise with her though when, on one hand she talks about anxiety and her fear of leaving the house, and in the next breath she's being rather smug about working with certain luxurt brands...
I get it, I do. But I'm not in the business of measuring other people's struggles because of their capabilities. I have a friend who has chronic illness and deals with awful pain from time to time but can push herself to do things as well, from the school run to attending social events. For someone looking in from the outside, they can't imagine what she's struggling with, but chronic illness and physical pain is unfortunately her reality. I mean, look at all the rich and famous lot who have committed suicide. The initial response is always 'but how? they had all these things/they did all of these things/they looked happy'. So yeah, it could be the case that she's just exaggerating her issues for relatability or sympathy reasons, but how do we really know? That's the absolutely downside of mental health issues being completely non physical. You can't tell.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
i think we're all v careful when it comes to talking about BB's mental health. none of us minimised her MH struggles. and besides, we didn't measure her struggles because of her capabilities either. a level or privilege affords people – and especially straight, white, thin, and affluent women (yeah i said it) like BB – to get help to overcome their struggles easily. to pretend otherwise is low and sad. BB has the access and the money to go to therapy that will help her be aware of struggles unbeknownst to her. we all need therapy but unfortunately only some of us can afford it.

my take was never "she's white she can't talk about her struggles". my take was she's white and she has a lot of privilege that comes with that and no amount of excessive moaning and idk stealing content ideas from small influencers is going to help. neither is it cool for her to excessively deride what she has been doing all along (influencing) after making a lot of money, doing over her kitchen for free, buying a tit load of expensive trousers while crying out sustainability (what a load of bullcrap) or refusing to accept her privilege. if you think im vilifying BB or making juvenile arguments then so be it. those born with power and privilege are and will always be complicit in the system that actively deteriorates the humanity of those who aren't born born with power and privilege. the privileged don't need so much coddling.

You say:
Vilifying white women purely on the basis because they're white and because of all of the societal privileges that come with being white, and on top of that, pretty much stating that they don't know what is to struggle to any degree, is low-key juvenile, and doesn't hold up as an affective means of spearheading conversations about the mental health issues that poc deal with in this society.
it actually does help spearhead conversations about mental health issues that POC deal with. if someone like BB has all the privilege in the world but is constantly just whining and putting on a fake persona to make money (if influencing was truly "icky" she would've stopped, not accepted every deal in the book and also gloated about it) instead of actively getting help, how is a POC going to get any help at all? not everyone has access to museums and shiny objects to help soothe their anxiety. neither is a deal with MADE.com going to help me get out of depression.

talking about white people having privilege isn't going to magically change your life overnight. but it will make people like BB be aware of her standing in society and make her want to start the conversation with her fellow white peers that will eventually get the ball rolling on other important conversations which will have a deeper impact on society. literally where is the awareness with BB? with the amount of privilege she has, instead of whining BB can talk about therapy. she can donate her clothes. bring friends from the fashion industry, who are different than her, to talk about style and why clothes are only made to fit one type of person. she can talk about body dysmorphia. why is she calling herself sustainable but buying expensive ass products every week and selling the old clothes on depop when she can use a piece to its fullest potential? you've clearly made up your mind to make excuses for BB so lol, okay

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
We come on here to discuss and say what we think following the things she says or does on her YouTube vlogs, which leaves us all speculating. She can’t get her point across through all the rambling and I t’s none of our fault that she herself doesn’t know or understand her own issues, so how can we be sure what is really going on, how can some understand or relate.
it’s obvious some have very different understanding of mh especially when it’s coming from a person who has a pretty good life, unless it’s all a facade, which is starting to look a lot like it.
just to point out I’m not saying she should justify a reason for struggling mentally, personally I wouldn’t discuss my mh with someone who doesn’t know me well enough or cares for my well-being but if I did I’d try and make them understand what is going on with me and what I need/doing in order to heal.

i think we're all v careful when it comes to talking about BB's mental health. none of us minimised her MH struggles. and besides, we didn't measure her struggles because of her capabilities either. a level or privilege affords people – and especially straight, white, thin, and affluent women (yeah i said it) like BB – to get help to overcome their struggles easily. to pretend otherwise is low and sad. BB has the access and the money to go to therapy that will help her be aware of struggles unbeknownst to her. we all need therapy but unfortunately only some of us can afford it.

my take was never "she's white she can't talk about her struggles". my take was she's white and she has a lot of privilege that comes with that and no amount of excessive moaning and idk stealing content ideas from small influencers is going to help. neither is it cool for her to excessively deride what she has been doing all along (influencing) after making a lot of money, doing over her kitchen for free, buying a tit load of expensive trousers while crying out sustainability (what a load of bullcrap) or refusing to accept her privilege. if you think im vilifying BB or making juvenile arguments then so be it. those born with power and privilege are and will always be complicit in the system that actively deteriorates the humanity of those who aren't born born with power and privilege. the privileged don't need so much coddling.

talking about white people having privilege isn't going to magically change your life overnight. but it will make people like BB be aware of her standing in society and make her want to start the conversation with her fellow white peers that will eventually get the ball rolling on other important conversations which will have a deeper impact on society. literally where is the awareness with BB? with the amount of privilege she has, instead of whining BB can talk about therapy. she can donate her clothes. bring friends from the fashion industry, who are different than her, to talk about style and why clothes are only made to fit one type of person. she can talk about body dysmorphia. why is she calling herself sustainable but buying expensive ass products every week and selling the old clothes on depop when she can use a piece to its fullest potential? you've clearly made up your mind to make excuses for BB so lol, okay
Who's making excuses for her, please?
I'm very well aware that BB (as documented) is not particularly a nice person. I'm aware that she watches other ig fashion girls like a hawk with the intent to copy and doesn't give them credit; that she may have been a bully at school and that overall she may have narc tendencies. I'm well aware of that, as I've been following the BB threads from near enough the beginning and have agreed with what everyone has said regarding her character, and anyone who has received my ratings under their commentary about this girl, can attest to that.
Saying that people should not minimise (or otherwise speculate, with any authority) her mental health issues isn't making excuses for her, or trying to wipe her moral slate clean. I just don't think, due to the complexity of mental illness itself, it is very wise. Most people in my life aren't aware that I'm dealing with anxiety/depression and the dread of being outside of my house for more than 2 hrs, because I don't present myself in a way that is stereotypically fragile. I'm just 'lazy'. Is that fair? Actually...don't even answer, that, because I won't be going back and forth over this topic. We'll just agree to disagree like big girls and keep it pushing.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I wonder if blogging/influencing was just an idea, a hope to be more happy and free which I’m sure was liberating once it git the jackpot and she started making money, and now it no longer brings her any joy instead got the feels like some of us do when being stuck in a corporate job. I bet she feels caged and there is no more freedom or a way out of the miserable day to day work, I know I hate my work when I dread getting up and leaving the house.
So maybe she has hit her full creative potentially, the fire has burned out, sustainably is out the window and now she is on a roll buying expensive clothes, the same pair of trousers in different colours she don’t even need, moving into a flat, furnishing with expensive furniture and is all to numb the pain, to make her feel something again.
heck maybe she is too embarrassed to admit the passion is gone and thinks it’s her mental health that’s stopping her. I know my job is responsible for most of my mental struggles and it’s scary to drop it all and leave everything when you are no longer in your 20’s.

Reactions: 8
Now that I'm here (again) I will say what I wanted to say initially: that BB does exaggerate her own importance and influence. And the more she documents itself, the more it shows.

Reactions: 7
Who's making excuses for her, please?
I'm very well aware that BB (as documented) is not particularly a nice person. I'm aware that she watches other ig fashion girls like a hawk with the intent to copy and doesn't give them credit; that she may have been a bully at school and that overall she may have narc tendencies. I'm well aware of that, as I've been following the BB threads from near enough the beginning and have agreed with what everyone has said regarding her character, and anyone who has received my ratings under their commentary about this girl, can attest to that.
Saying that people should not minimise (or otherwise speculate, with any authority) her mental health issues isn't making excuses for her, or trying to wipe her moral slate clean. I just don't think, due to the complexity of mental illness itself, it is very wise. Most people in my life aren't aware that I'm dealing with anxiety/depression and the dread of being outside of my house for more than 2 hrs, because I don't present myself in a way that is stereotypically fragile. I'm just 'lazy'. Is that fair? Actually...don't even answer, that, because I won't be going back and forth over this topic. We'll just agree to disagree like big girls and keep it pushing.
i didn't minimise her MH issues, and i don't think anyone else did that here. as for everything else, i have no intentions of answering and that's a decision i can take for myself thank you very much :)

Reactions: 3
"she may have narc tendencies." - @judgingfrommybed, you just made me spit out my tea because that was so funny and On Point and why do I feel like Dean beares the brunt of that tendency 😬

• Haha
Whether this is her hobby, a job that was unintentional or a source of income she didn't take seriously, moaning about it isn't a good look. She gets paid a lot and a lot of stuff for free because of the hobby/unintentional job/not serious source of income. It is totally fine to whine to friends but she literally ONLY "CREATES" instagram posts and youtube videos. Both of which she heavily monetizes. So she's going on one of those platforms, complaining and then asking viewers to pay her on patreon with the promise of creating the very content she moans about.

All the MH stuff aside, this is super unprofessional and reflects poorly on her. If she said you know what, social media and youtube is bad for me, I am taking a big break to think about my relation to this AS MY INCOME (because her income IS instagram) then fine. Totally fair. But she isn't is she? She wants to get paid and complain about it. As I said before, she's basically complaining about being considered an influencer when she is one.

This is her job. Imagine behaving this way in your job!

Reactions: 15