Brittany Bathgate #2 Buying things to fill the gaping hole in her personality

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With Patreon the max she would receive per user is £60 per year. If all 56.2k of her subs did sign up that she would receive about £3.3k. Not very lucrative when that could easily be one brand deal, all filmed and sorted in a week. Why would anyone put more time into something to make less money.
I'm not seeing that math? Think you've dropped a 1000 somewhere.

Reactions: 7
I retract everything I’ve said! Very much looking forward to BB being a millionaire based on all of her users adding her Patreon 😎

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yeah, Bichon Frise, this is Maltese, your math is a...tad...off :unsure:. It's okay, we Maltese are temperamental and yappy but powerfully smart (per square inch anyway). You guys are high EQ and far less annoying. We still love you - hahahaha! 😗

So, if ALL 53K subscribers spend 60 pounds/yr that's over 300K pounds/yr. I think even BB would be satisfied with that!

But ZERO chance of that.

The average is 15% of followers who will go to Patreon. But I don't think she will get 15% even. Then she will have to maintain that and build on it and no attrition.

Podcasts are by far their biggest earners (can we imagine her doing one? LOL). True crime, physical fitness, tech a big draw (negative). There are some lifestyle gurus that make top money but nothing that I can see in fashion (maybe there is a gap she can fill?).

I think it's going to be a very difficult proposition for someone like her to really make a success of it given her personality and drive (or lack there of).

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
So, if ALL 53K subscribers spend 60 pounds/yr that's over 300K pounds/yr. I think even BB would be satisfied with that!
Not to be pedantic, but you're still missing a zero. She has approx 56K subscribers - if they all paid £60 a year, she would be making over £3.3 million a year. Not that this would ever happen.

If she can recruit the average of 15% of her YouTube following (approx 8,400 people) and they all pay £60 a year, she'll be making £504K a year.

This is on top of all her sponsorships, affiliate links and brand work.

The point is - and I don't want anyone to be deceived by this - Patreon can be extremely lucrative.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Not to be pedantic, but you're still missing a zero. She has approx 56K subscribers - if they all paid £60 a year, she would be making over £3.3 million a year. Not that this would ever happen.

If she can recruit the average of 15% of her YouTube following (approx 8,400 people) and they all pay £60 a year, she'll be making £504K a year.

This is on top of all her sponsorships, affiliate links and brand work.

The point is - and I don't want anyone to be deceived by this - Patreon can be extremely lucrative.
That’s bloody insane! Right I’m off to set myself up on Patreon....... any subscribers 🤣🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 5
OH yes you're right, I wasn't looking at my calculator close enough! Holy crap. Maltese isn't as sharp as his yap. He's now in the doghouse. LOL :oops:

Is it that lucrative though on average? - I know there are those making millions but when you look up top earners, #1 doesn't have income listed but #2 Chapo Trapo House (a podcast) has 161K a month for 36K followers, which is, omg, let me get my math(s) right, 1.9 million annually right? (dollars not pounds). Can someone check b/c I'm apparently also unreliable mathematically? :rolleyes: So surely she won't be making above the #2 earner? 15% of followers can't be at the 60 pound subscribers rate. Something not adding up. Ha.

There are several posts that say top earners and are talking about those who make over 200K. I reckon that's more the mark that is achievable with good content and great content close to a million? Still not too shabby.

Problem is, Brittany, and content. It's fashion. Podcasts don't translate well to what she does currently (which as a visual artist lol tends to be outfit sharing). Not to say that she won't achieve, but fashion isn't easy to do as like true crime or being a tech nerd or, ahem, expert. She'd have to go full tilt gwenneth paltrow, have a personality transplant and get a work ethic booster shot. Still, maybe she can do it half ass and more than eek out a living wage.

There was a YouTube video put out by Karen Britchick (who I'm not that into), Monroe Steele and I forget the other one's name, Tatum something? 3 black influencers on YouTube and they were outlining how they do what they do and what they get paid. All 3 of them say they will make close to or above a million dollars net, not including all the crap they get. They have a lot of people they promote and Karen isn't that picky about it doing Hello Fresh all the time. They all work much harder than BB and content has more views but I was astounded.
Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 3.08.37 PM.png

I was wondering what Chapo trap House is - it's a left wing American political podcast that lists 3 hosts and 2 producers so that wealth must be split a number of ways too.

Last edited:
Loving all the math hahahaha!

Honestly, WHO would pay for this? She has tons of followers on YouTube and Instagram because they are FREE. It blows me away that she thinks she can do Patreon. As I mentioned before, the folks I follow and support on Patreon (and who knows, sample size of one here so I might be wrong) are really making a thoughtful, intentional career out of their content (or in the case of the musician I support, to boost their online content as they can't tour the way they normally would due to the pandemic). BB creates zip all. As someone who has worked in creative teams for a decade, she wouldn't be able to get an intern job. At least in North America. Unless she was connected and someone got her in but I have a hard time picturing someone suggesting her for a job where she had to be online minimum 8-5 every day work-ing.

NO ONE MENTION PODCASTS TO HER my god can you imagine it? Maybe it would work as sleep-inducing.

• Haha
I also don't think everyone will opt for paying. Usually when people switch from free to paid, it's always 10% of the subscribers who will pay. At least at first. Like @uhhhhhhcanwejust says, she has followers because so far her content has been free. But maybe BB will buck the trend and everyone will pay for her "content".

Reactions: 2
Loving all the math hahahaha!

NO ONE MENTION PODCASTS TO HER my god can you imagine it? Maybe it would work as sleep-inducing.
I'm a total nerd. IGNORE that stream of consciousness trying to figure it out. Basically I don't think she will make millions b/c the top ranked ones barely do. The end. LOLOLOLOLOL.

She HAS herself mentioned doing a podcast if I'm not imagining things.

I KNOW.

Good lord in what universe would that be a good idea?

The "visual artist" gets clicks for appearances, NOT for her narration. Although, I have seen comments that tell her her voice is soothing. Thing is, she clearly deletes negative comments. Only suck ups allowed.

Reactions: 3
I’m just watching a video of hers where she talks about 2 videos a week. This was last year so obviously didn’t happen? In the video, she mentions several times that the week before was ‘bad’ or ‘terrible’. That won’t fly on patreon.

I do feel for her though. A bit. It’s clear she struggles with her MH.
ETA. I feel like a bit of a dick for saying that, but I struggle too and I can see myself in some of her behaviour 😣

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Instagram today "outfits that reflect recent sporadic temperatures". Sporadic temperatures? Sometimes we have temperature but sometimes we don't? I know, she means erratic. I just you know, she's such a holier than thou faux intellectual that stuff like this makes me go, no, no you're not.

I’m just watching a video of hers where she talks about 2 videos a week. This was last year so obviously didn’t happen? In the video, she mentions several times that the week before was ‘bad’ or ‘terrible’. That won’t fly on patreon.

I do feel for her though. A bit. It’s clear she struggles with her MH.
ETA. I feel like a bit of a dick for saying that, but I struggle too and I can see myself in some of her behaviour 😣
I feel for her too sometimes. No way in hell could I do YouTube or be an influencer not that I'd want to and I do see myself in her as well sometimes. I think she is caught between what she knows is healthier for her and what she's ended up doing, liking the golden handcuffs (being able to afford the stuff she likes) but not liking the things she has to do to get them.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Instagram today "outfits that reflect recent sporadic temperatures". Sporadic temperatures? Sometimes we have temperature but sometimes we don't? I know, she means erratic. I just you know, she's such a holier than thou faux intellectual that stuff like this makes me go, no, no you're not.

I feel for her too sometimes. No way in hell could I do YouTube or be an influencer not that I'd want to and I do see myself in her as well sometimes. I think she is caught between what she knows is healthier for her and what she's ended up doing, liking the golden handcuffs (being able to afford the stuff she likes) but not liking the things she has to do to get them.
She could always get a more regular job, even a part time one. Oh that’s not to her liking, well…

Reactions: 4
Oh bless her, she’s really desperate to sound like a real creative and not a glorified sales person with some creativity. She started calling her shared office space ‘the studio’. She doesn’t even take her photos there, the only thing she does there is edit videos and sort out email correspondence.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
On Patreon "the main reason I want to do it is because there's so much more of me I want to share..." No love - there really isn't is there

• Haha
Reactions: 9
A lot of visual artists are on Patreon but BB is not a visual artist. She’s unable to continuously create artworks that can be sent to supporters on a monthly/bimonthly/quarterly bases.

I meant her content was visual. People watch her YT channel mostly for clothes. That’s near on impossible to recreate on patreon

Reactions: 2
Oh BB got upset by the things she read on the internet. What are the chances it’s the tattle tales?

• Haha