Britney Spears

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is there a segment on Justin Timberlake in it? I've just read he's apologised for using her and their breakup in order to advance his career after being tagged in it. I don't believe he's actually sorry, he's probably just trying to limit any possible fallout now that he is being called out for it.

Reactions: 28
Is there a segment on Justin Timberlake in it? I've just read he's apologised for using her and their breakup in order to advance his career after being tagged in it. I don't believe he's actually sorry, he's probably just trying to limit any possible fallout now that he is being called out for it.
Yes, it showed how she was raked across the coals in an interview with Diane Sawyer shortly after Justin released “Cry Me a River.” The Governor of Maryland’s wife commented that she wanted to shoot Britney Spears for breaking Justin’s heart and when Sawyer told Britney this during the interview, she (understandably) was distressed and broke down in tears. It was horrible to watch.

Also, just the fact that Justin used his break up with Britney and dragging her to jumpstart his own career and then kept silent when she had her inevitable breakdown, I’d say his apology has been a long time coming.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Yes, it showed how she was raked across the coals in an interview with Diane Sawyer shortly after Justin released “Cry Me a River.” The Governor of Maryland’s wife commented that she wanted to shoot Britney Spears for breaking Justin’s heart and when Sawyer told Britney this during the interview, she (understandably) was distressed and broke down in tears. It was horrible to watch.

Also, just the fact that Justin used his break up with Britney and dragging her to jumpstart his own career and then kept silent when she had her inevitable breakdown, I’d say his apology has been a long time coming.
I'm glad he's been called out at last. I've made posts before about how it's suggested he was a bit of a dick in the relationship, but afterwards he was just a full blown arse. Even Kevin Federline, who everyone thinks is the worst, admitted he played a role in a mental health issues. Justin just continued to take the piss, and I'm sure he did it long after her mental health issues were more obvious. It just annoys me that he probably feels no remorse at all. The way he added an apology to Janet Jackson and talked about white male privilege just smacks of using buzzwords to fool people into thinking he is genuine.

Reactions: 28
Sorry ... this is driving me mad and Google isn’t helping. Was there another Britney documentary out last year? Or am I confusing it with someone else?

Reactions: 2
Attempting to moderate, or telling people what to post is against the rules, please report, keep scrolling or ignore a user - Please read our rules and why they're important
So Justin and Britney broke up in 2002, it's now 2021. Seriously, people need to calm down about this. There is no such thing as white privlege. Janet Jackson is a superstar, I'm sure she's moved on from nipplegate.

So Justin and Britney broke up in 2002, it's now 2021. Seriously, people need to calm down about this. There is no such thing as white privlege. Janet Jackson is a superstar, I'm sure she's moved on from nipplegate.
Janet’s career in the US was ruined and had never recovered because of it and she still talks about it. Radio wouldn’t play her, TV wouldn’t have her on, banned from award shows yet Justin was invited to all of them, album promoted by all radio stations and Janet was the one who took the sole blame for it, he never apologised or even stuck up for her - he used that moment to gain!

Britney had to deal with press blaming her for something that never happened, again used her for his own gain in Cry Me A River to sell his albums by basically selling her out as a dirty womaniser, which she wasn’t.

Without Britney I doubt he’d even be where he is today, he’s be washed up like all those other boyband members.

I think it’s about time he took a reality check and acknowledged that his actions which yes, come from white male privilege has had some major consequences on other peoples lives! He’s got away with this good boy act for way too long, he cheats on his wife, cheated on Britney and not many people have a nice word to say about him!

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Justin is the one who brought up white male privilege. He literally mentioned that phrase and seemingly acknowledged how it has given him an advantage.

Reactions: 20
There's also a radio snippet where the host asks him did he duck Britney, and he goes "yeahhh i did it" in a stupid voice and the whole room erupts into laughter. He's a vile little head that doesnt deserve a career seeing as though he stepped on women to get there imo. And I agree, he's only apologising now as damage limitation.
He never had any intention to apologise to anyone before this came out, hes merely doing it to keep his precious reputation intact.

Janet’s career in the US was ruined and had never recovered because of it and she still talks about it. Radio wouldn’t play her, TV wouldn’t have her on, banned from award shows yet Justin was invited to all of them, album promoted by all radio stations and Janet was the one who took the sole blame for it, he never apologised or even stuck up for her - he used that moment to gain!

Britney had to deal with press blaming her for something that never happened, again used her for his own gain in Cry Me A River to sell his albums by basically selling her out as a dirty womaniser, which she wasn’t.

Without Britney I doubt he’d even be where he is today, he’s be washed up like all those other boyband members.

I think it’s about time he took a reality check and acknowledged that his actions which yes, come from white male privilege has had some major consequences on other peoples lives! He’s got away with this good boy act for way too long, he cheats on his wife, cheated on Britney and not many people have a nice word to say about him!
All of this is spot on 👏

Also, with him apologising is he admitting that she didn't cheat on him and he was furthering his career by making up a scandal that didn't exist to sell records?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Sorry ... this is driving me mad and Google isn’t helping. Was there another Britney documentary out last year? Or am I confusing it with someone else?
there is one called I am... Britney Jean that was also out a few years ago, it screened on channel 4 at Christmas time and is on youtube :)

Reactions: 1
Just watching a 6 part (I think that's how many it is) thing on you tube by deep dive, all about the conservatorship, very interesting

Reactions: 1
I doubt JT has suddenly seen the error of his ways. He’s only apologizing because of the backlash and being told to with a lovely little PR written statement.

He was just a random boy bander in a sea of boy banders before he dated Britney and then trashed her for attention.

Reactions: 31
I doubt JT has suddenly seen the error of his ways. He’s only apologizing because of the backlash and being told to with a lovely little PR written statement.

He was just a random boy bander in a sea of boy banders before he dated Britney and then trashed her for attention.
yeah exactly, also what does apologising do for either Britney or Janet? Janet's career was basically destroyed because of that issue, if I was her I would find an "apology" years and years later just an insult and yet another publicity drive for him

• Heart
Reactions: 13
yeah exactly, also what does apologising do for either Britney or Janet? Janet's career was basically destroyed because of that issue, if I was her I would find an "apology" years and years later just an insult and yet another publicity drive for him
Justin obviously thought "apologising" whilst promoting his album was good enough

He's had Instagram since 2013. He could of responded years ago
Screenshot_20210213-174045_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210213-174154_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210213-174245_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210213-174423_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210213-174611_Instagram.jpg

Article; https://www.billboard.com/amp/artic...stin-timberlake-2004-super-bowl-what-happened

Reactions: 6
There’s a bit about him in Jessica Simpsons book about him, she talks about it here at 4:10 - he’s pure trash!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.