Britney Spears #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even if she looked manic you dont backhand someone although it could have been an accident so I will reserve judgement until we see the footage.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
And I hate the false gender-swapping equivalence that a woman is as much a threat to a man as vice versa. Facts are facts and women are less likely to attack men and less likely to harm them. Women with mental illness attacking people? Vanishingly small numbers. But that's an aside not entirely relevant.

If she was a rabid fan with a knife then the bodyguard has massively screwed up as it seems she's gotten close enough to use it before he's even noticed her. Unless he's the world's worst bodyguard, perhaps she just didn't come across all that threatening?

This thread is obsessed with calling her manic, deranged, unstable etc and is frankly one of the most nasty threads on this website. The constant misogyny, ageism (oh does he even know who she isss she's so past it) and ableism around mental illness is shocking.

I really don't understand what on earth this woman has done to deserve the vitriol she gets on this otherwise quite pleasant website.
Women by default get a free pass and men by default get the blame. It's wrong. We have taken it too far. Women can be just as dangerous as men, as often? Maybe not, but it doesn't mean we just automatically blame the man in every single situation. It's disgusting. So what if the bodyguard screwed up it will be investigated and he will be dealt with accordingly, does that make Britney in the right? Is it ok to sneak approach a stranger from behind just because you want a photo? Would she like that done to her? She has made it very clear she does not like being swarmed but feels fit to do it to others. She is a hypocrite.

If you don't like the chat in this thread surrounding her mental health or opinions of her I suggest the thread isn't the place for you. There is a report button if you think anyone has stepped over the line.

His job is to protect his charge, not someone who feels fit to inflict upon his personal space just because of what *she wants*.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I didn't say blame the man in every situation, I said when two stories conflict, we should believe the woman until evidence suggests otherwise. Because statistics and evidence say she's almost always telling the truth and and history says she's most likely not to be believed even if she is.

If that's apparently too far then I don't know what to tell you. Equality can feel a lot like punishment when you're used to privilege, so no I won't feel bad for men for redressing the balance.

And good lord, don't get me started on the suggestion that approaching someone for a photo ever justifies someone smacking them. Jesus christ.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Leaving the topic of the bodyguard aside (I reserve judgement and am not taking anyones side until more facts are clear) why is it 'ableism' to call her actions manic or deranged or unstable?

Reactions: 8
Leaving the topic of the bodyguard aside (I reserve judgement and am not taking anyones side until more facts are clear) why is it 'ableism' to call her actions manic or deranged or unstable?
For me, it's because manic has a clear medical definition and noone here is privy to her medical information, so it's not an informed discussion of her actual status, instead being used purely an an insult or to suggest it's the reason for her doing xyz which is ableist and creates stigma against those with mental health conditions.

I think it's pretty clear that people are using 'deranged' etc purely as an insult to weaponise her mental health history against her, and I personally think that's ableist especially as it perpetuates untrue stereotypes about those with these problems. It suggests people with mental health problems are less worthy of respect or being believed in certain situations.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I find this point difficult. If she is mentally ill to the point she is not allowed to be held accountable for any of her actions, she should be in treatment as far as I'm concerned. If you are so unstable you cannot be seen to have any conscious responsibility for your action, how are you safe to be around? I feel this is the same people saying FREE BRITNEY but also let her do whatever she wants and have no fall back. Life doesn't work like that.

Reactions: 13
And I hate the false gender-swapping equivalence that a woman is as much a threat to a man as vice versa. Facts are facts and women are less likely to attack men and less likely to harm them. Women with mental illness attacking people? Vanishingly small numbers. But that's an aside not entirely relevant.

If she was a rabid fan with a knife then the bodyguard has massively screwed up as it seems she's gotten close enough to use it before he's even noticed her. Unless he's the world's worst bodyguard, perhaps she just didn't come across all that threatening?

This thread is obsessed with calling her manic, deranged, unstable etc and is frankly one of the most nasty threads on this website. The constant misogyny, ageism (oh does he even know who she isss she's so past it) and ableism around mental illness is shocking.

I really don't understand what on earth this woman has done to deserve the vitriol she gets on this otherwise quite pleasant website.
Hmm don't agree. There are some spiteful people and nasty threads on Tattle but I haven't seen it on Britneys thread. The overwhelming majority are sad amd concerned to see her like this.

I also don't think its ageist to say he won't know who she is. I sometimes think people forget she was a big star 20 YEARS AGO. My teen certainly wouldn't have a clue who she is.

Reactions: 19
Thanks to both of you for the response.

I think whatever her mental health history and status is it's sad to witness what has become of her

Reactions: 6
I find this point difficult. If she is mentally ill to the point she is not allowed to be held accountable for any of her actions, she should be in treatment as far as I'm concerned. If you are so unstable you cannot be seen to have any conscious responsibility for your action, how are you safe to be around? I feel this is the same people saying FREE BRITNEY but also let her do whatever she wants and have no fall back. Life doesn't work like that.
But you're coming at this from the point that you've decided she's behaving in an unstable way and needs to be held to account. You don't seem to be open to the idea that her version of events is true, and that's where it becomes ableist.

I'm not saying she shouldn't be held accountable for bad things, just that her version of things shouldn't be discounted because you believe she is mentally unstable. You don't know her and you don't know that.

(I'm not suggesting you're a bad person who hates people with mental health conditions or anything, really, but this stuff is so pervasive in culture and I feel strongly about pointing it out).

Reactions: 4
Hmm don't agree. There are some spiteful people and nasty threads on Tattle but I haven't seen it on Britneys thread. The overwhelming majority are sad amd concerned to see her like this.

I also don't think its ageist to say he won't know who she is. I sometimes think people forget she was a big star 20 YEARS AGO. My teen certainly wouldn't have a clue who she is.
I agree I don't think this a nasty thread. I'd add though my Niece was the one who actually told me years ago about Britney's posts on instagram and she said she didn't look well. She must have been 10 or so at the time. I had no idea until she mentioned it and showed me one of her videos.

Reactions: 1
Well we know one thing for sure...5'6 Britney did not tap 7'5 basketball player on the shoulder :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
People have concern for her and I hope once legally handled the footage is shown so we can see for ourselves.

Reactions: 2
Well we know one thing for sure...5'6 Britney did not tap 7'5 basketball player on the shoulder :ROFLMAO:
Trouble is, Britney is an incredibly unreliable narrator and the other party are probably trying to cover their arses, so without footage it's impossible to know. They could all be in the wrong.

Reactions: 14
The recent dog video on her instagram is so odd. Why would she pinch him? So strange
It upset me alot that video did, I wish someone would take her animals away, they look anxious around her. She uploaded that video several times so clearly she thinks its totally normal to do that to a pet. What the hell must go on behind closed door.

• Sad
Britney’s used a British accent lots of times over the years, she even sang in one in the song Scream And Shout with Will.I.Am.
The British accent is a bad sign. It was a feature of the 2008 Troubles.

I didn’t know this! ☹
---
The latest from TMZ

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.