Brit Pop

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There were many rumours of some of the Oasis songs being ghost written. Personally speaking, they were shite anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
There were many rumours of some of the Oasis songs being ghost written. Personally speaking, they were shite anyway.
Were they duck ghostwritten 👏🏻😂👏🏻😂😂😂😂😂😂
---
Sorry, my one golden rule as an Oasis fan is that I don’t need to defend them on the internet, because I know they don’t give a tit, but that is just too funny,

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I am not ashamed to say that I copied Louise Weners haircut back then 😎
I wanted to dye my hair red like Miki from Lush but my mum wouldn't let me. My nana ended up doing it for me, after reminding my mum she was a hypocrite, as she had done the same back in the 70s when she dyed her hair the same orange as David when he was doing Ziggy.

Speaking of Lush, I loved Single Girl and still listen to it now. My niece is 13 and I have got her into a lot of the stuff I used to listen to. Her favourite at the minute is Inbetweener by Sleeper which pisses off her mum as she has always hated Brit Pop/Indie stuff and preferred pop/dance back then and still does now.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The Select article I remember most was the expose on Happy Mondays when they were in the Caribbean (I think) and absolutely at their worst in terms of addiction - smoking crack on the bog etc, quite shocking at the time.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I loved all the music, just started listening to Sleeper again, who I had completely forgotten about! I absolutely fancied the arse off both Damon and Liam…Liam had the edge with the height and the swagger though. Funnily enough, when I first met my husband I noticed his Gazelles on his feet which impressed me. He also walked a bit like Liam…guess who his hero was😆He even started to support Man City in the 90’s and carried it on.

Reactions: 2
The Select article I remember most was the expose on Happy Mondays when they were in the Caribbean (I think) and absolutely at their worst in terms of addiction - smoking crack on the bog etc, quite shocking at the time.
Read a biography of them recently - they were sent to an island where crack was rife to try and keep them off drugs o_O Needless to say they ingested everything they could get their hands on, wrote off pretty much every hire car available and sold furniture from the studio to pay for more drugs. The album was a shitshow - produced by the couple from Talking Heads who toned down all the rawness that makes the Mondays the Mondays.

Also, for the people who used to go to the Hacienda... do you remember the toilets?? Sorry to give you flashbacks - they made Glastonbury loos look like the Ritz - planks laid across the overflow so you didn't have to step in it :sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Any evidence of these many rumours? As an avid Oasis fan I’ve never heard anything like that.

Reactions: 3
Its Blur night on BBC 2 tonight, including a set from Glasto 2009 🙌
Been playing them non stop since I saw them at Wembley. This middle aged woman's inner 16 year old is absolutely buzzing about their comeback and Wembley was incredible, and the new album is great, but Modern Life will always be my favourite. Like someone said upthread, my teenage daughter is jealous I was a 90s kid.
Graham was very funny on the Off Menu podcast this week too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
I was a bit too young for gigs when everyone was touring in the 90s but was so in love with Damon Albarn. He still makes me swoon in person, despite being absolutely teeny tiny. Finally saw Blur at Hyde Park and my inner teen was delighted.

Saw Pulp in Dublin recently and whilst not quite Britpop, just by virtue of their long career, I can't believe how good they are. It's also one of the most chill gigs I've been to and everyone who were wearing band shirts had on ones I love.

Fancied Liam, for about an hour, and didn't like Oasis past the second album.

I was going through a lot of horrible stuff in the 90s so my memories are scarce but they all definitely turned me onto music in a way nothing else did.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm watching Blur on BBC 2 and thinking about a meme I saw earlier that was something along the lines of the music you listen to at 14 during the crisis of teenage years, is the music you'll listen to forever.

I was 14 when I was introduced to Indie and Brit Pop by my boyfriend. Before that I was into Cliff Richard, Guy Mitchell and Right Said Fred (I was an odd child). It's definitely true that I still listen to all of the songs from that time and I feel enormous comfort from them. At times I can be transported back to that period in time. It's odd in a way, that I get so much happiness from it because I was quite severely depressed for a large part of the ensuing 12 months. I didn't realise what it was at the time of course. I think I've always found solace of some sort in music.

*I still listen to Cliff, Guy and RSF too though and I'm not sorry 😆.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Dog man star holds up to the test of time. Jarvis I adore. I also love Divine Comedy. Music was so diverse I the 90s. I love it all

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Dog man star holds up to the test of time. Jarvis I adore. I also love Divine Comedy. Music was so diverse I the 90s. I love it all
I was just telling my son about Divine Comedy. He's really into Brit pop stuff (he's 14) and particularly likes Blur so is watching them on TV tonight with me.

I was meant to see Divine Comedy last year. I'd got tickets but my ex refused to look after the children for the evening so I didn't get to go in the end. I was gutted.

I'd love to take him to some of these revival gigs but his dad won't look after his siblings to enable me to do it. It makes me quite sad because we could share some really special moments. I've promised to bombard him with 90's Indie on our way to Devon in a couple of weeks (something I've always done anyway so he'll realise he knows more songs than he thinks) #stealthIndie 😁.

I was never a fan of the divine comedy except national express & my lovely horse. The video for national express is great

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The Asphalt World is just perfection. There’s a video on YouTube, Bernard’s left, Richard has joined, they’re playing Phoenix and he’s absolutely smashed it. The lyrics too… when you’re there in her heart, and there in her legs, well I’ll be in her head.

• Heart
  • Haha
I've just had to explain the Blur 'Song 2' "is there any jam" (pleased to meet you) joke to my son. He looked at me like I was insane. I've tried to explain that we could not Google lyrics in the 90's. Please tell me someone else remembers the jam thing?!

• Haha
Reactions: 4