Brit Pop

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wondered whether it was Damon, but I could be completely wrong. I sincerely hope so. Clearly something serious happened for him to be thrown out of the family home like that. Bananas=Gorilla(z).
---
I wonder if it's Liam Gallagher, with the bananas green bit and his Pretty Green stuff.
Good reasoning, but I can't imagine he would be up to it given his recent hip replacement. Who knows?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I love indie disco when he breaks into love will tear us apart

Reactions: 4
Hadn't thought of the Gorillaz thing, that's a good point and there was the DM piece this weekend that seemed a bit like their usual 'saying stuff without saying stuff'. That being said, if that was the reason his ex gave him the boot, I doubt she'd have gone to the gig. I really hope it isn't him.

Reactions: 5
The DM has been running those little pieces on him for a while now, and I thought they were implying that he was back on drugs. Maybe it’s as “simple” as one partner not being prepared to put up with the other’s addiction any more?
If he has had an affair I’d be beyond shocked, not to mention really sad, if that popbitch piece was referring to him. I just don’t see him being like that.
But, really, who knows, where celebs are concerned

Reactions: 12
The Popbitch blind sounds a tad fanciful don't you think? Whoever it may be. Come on.... sister of a Jamaican gang member? Really? But at the end of the day you never know when it comes to rich guys.

When you think about it, it’s really distasteful that Popbitch have presented a story about statutory r*pe as if it‘s just another of their “nudge nudge, wink wink” stories.

It goes without saying that if true, the guy is the real sicko here, but it’s still really grim from Popbitch.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
I hope that if it is true, that they've reported it to the Police in the first instance, particularly if, as they're suggesting, it's a pattern.

Reactions: 7
And used ‘green bananas’ as euphemism for a young black girl, given the dog whistle racist connotations. Not even dog whistle. It’s blatant.

Reactions: 15
No not Damon! it would be heartbreaking if it's him. I can't imagine it being him though, he seems to adore Missy and can't believe he'd do that if only for her sake.

Reactions: 6
Actually the rumour was discussed on the Celeb gossip thread and I seem to remember that some posters suggested that it fitted one of his band mates.
But I’m always a little wary of those kind of blinds - they’re always so very vague.
If they know something as serious as that has happened, they should be working on exposing the pedalo, not writing it up as if it’s in some way funny

Reactions: 11
If you're referring to Graham I've read quite a bit about his past behaviour. It's conflicting as I love the band and think it's a case of separating the music from the person. Saying that I have ordered his book just to see what he has to say for himself and he came across really well on Off Menu.

Reactions: 2
No not Graham.
Sorry, I’m not meaning to be deliberately obscure - I just never feel comfortable with throwing names out there when it comes to these sorts of anonymous blinds.
The person suggested on the other thread was Alex because he’d been promoting Fairtrade.
But honestly it could be anyone - or no one

Same, it completely flew over my head. I feel awful for throwing a potential name out there, it could be anyone.
Please don’t feel too bad. The real blame lies with these kinds of blind gossip sites. It’s one thing for them to tell a story about say, an actor who was rude to a waiter and didn’t leave a tip, give a few clues and we all have fun guessing.

But a story like this one is completely different, yet they present it in the same way.

Reactions: 11
Well I've spent the last 14 pages reading about my Spotify time capsule (how does it know? ). 16 year old me is much saddened by some of the tea that has been spilled in this thread, but some lovely memories too. What a time to be alive that era was!

I thought both Blur and Oasis were shite though.

Reactions: 15