Brit Pop

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wondered whether it was Damon, but I could be completely wrong. I sincerely hope so. Clearly something serious happened for him to be thrown out of the family home like that. Bananas=Gorilla(z).
---
I wonder if it's Liam Gallagher, with the bananas green bit and his Pretty Green stuff.
Good reasoning, but I can't imagine he would be up to it given his recent hip replacement. Who knows?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
He does live locally to me too... But the whole pocket rocket, possible junkie and neck tattoo makes it a no from me. (I know, he'll be devastated).

I once saw Divine Comedy at V Festival, in Chelmsford, and Neil covered Maneater by Nelly Futardo. He dedicated it to the crowd, with some chat about it being appropriate for an Essex crowd, and you could have heard a pin drop. I was almost wetting myself with laughter, mind šŸ¤­
I love indie disco when he breaks into love will tear us apart

Reactions: 4
I wondered whether it was Damon, but I could be completely wrong. I sincerely hope so. Clearly something serious happened for him to be thrown out of the family home like that. Bananas=Gorilla(z).
---

Good reasoning, but I can't imagine he would be up to it given his recent hip replacement. Who knows?
Hadn't thought of the Gorillaz thing, that's a good point and there was the DM piece this weekend that seemed a bit like their usual 'saying stuff without saying stuff'. That being said, if that was the reason his ex gave him the boot, I doubt she'd have gone to the gig. I really hope it isn't him.

Reactions: 5
Hadn't thought of the Gorillaz thing, that's a good point and there was the DM piece this weekend that seemed a bit like their usual 'saying stuff without saying stuff'. That being said, if that was the reason his ex gave him the boot, I doubt she'd have gone to the gig. I really hope it isn't him.
The DM has been running those little pieces on him for a while now, and I thought they were implying that he was back on drugs. Maybe itā€™s as ā€œsimpleā€ as one partner not being prepared to put up with the otherā€™s addiction any more?
If he has had an affair Iā€™d be beyond shocked, not to mention really sad, if that popbitch piece was referring to him. I just donā€™t see him being like that.
But, really, who knows, where celebs are concerned šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø šŸ˜ž

Reactions: 12
The Popbitch blind sounds a tad fanciful don't you think? Whoever it may be. Come on.... sister of a Jamaican gang member? Really? But at the end of the day you never know when it comes to rich guys.

When you think about it, itā€™s really distasteful that Popbitch have presented a story about statutory r*pe as if itā€˜s just another of their ā€œnudge nudge, wink winkā€ stories.

It goes without saying that if true, the guy is the real sicko here, but itā€™s still really grim from Popbitch.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
I hope that if it is true, that they've reported it to the Police in the first instance, particularly if, as they're suggesting, it's a pattern.

Reactions: 7
When you think about it, itā€™s really distasteful that Popbitch have presented a story about statutory r*pe as if itā€˜s just another of their ā€œnudge nudge, wink winkā€ stories.

It goes without saying that if true, the guy is the real sicko here, but itā€™s still really grim from Popbitch.
And used ā€˜green bananasā€™ as euphemism for a young black girl, given the dog whistle racist connotations. Not even dog whistle. Itā€™s blatant.

Reactions: 15
No not Damon! it would be heartbreaking if it's him. I can't imagine it being him though, he seems to adore Missy and can't believe he'd do that if only for her sake.

Reactions: 6
Actually the rumour was discussed on the Celeb gossip thread and I seem to remember that some posters suggested that it fitted one of his band mates.
But Iā€™m always a little wary of those kind of blinds - theyā€™re always so very vague.
If they know something as serious as that has happened, they should be working on exposing the pedalo, not writing it up as if itā€™s in some way funny šŸ¤¢

Reactions: 11
Actually the rumour was discussed on the Celeb gossip thread and I seem to remember that some posters suggested that it fitted one of his band mates.
But Iā€™m always a little wary of those kind of blinds - theyā€™re always so very vague.
If they know something as serious as that has happened, they should be working on exposing the pedalo, not writing it up as if itā€™s in some way funny šŸ¤¢
If you're referring to Graham I've read quite a bit about his past behaviour. It's conflicting as I love the band and think it's a case of separating the music from the person. Saying that I have ordered his book just to see what he has to say for himself and he came across really well on Off Menu.

Reactions: 2
If you're referring to Graham I've read quite a bit about his past behaviour. It's conflicting as I love the band and think it's a case of separating the music from the person. Saying that I have ordered his book just to see what he has to say for himself and he came across really well on Off Menu.
No not Graham.
Sorry, Iā€™m not meaning to be deliberately obscure - I just never feel comfortable with throwing names out there when it comes to these sorts of anonymous blinds.
The person suggested on the other thread was Alex because heā€™d been promoting Fairtrade.
But honestly it could be anyone - or no one šŸ˜¬

Same, it completely flew over my head. I feel awful for throwing a potential name out there, it could be anyone. :(
Please donā€™t feel too bad. The real blame lies with these kinds of blind gossip sites. Itā€™s one thing for them to tell a story about say, an actor who was rude to a waiter and didnā€™t leave a tip, give a few clues and we all have fun guessing.

But a story like this one is completely different, yet they present it in the same way.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Well I've spent the last 14 pages reading about my Spotify time capsule (how does it know? :unsure: ). 16 year old me is much saddened by some of the tea that has been spilled in this thread, but some lovely memories too. What a time to be alive that era was!

I thought both Blur and Oasis were shite though.

• Haha
Reactions: 15