Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
JAMC got back together in recent years but I think they had been writing perhaps so not so much a cash in? I went to see them on the tour and it was so boring 😭 (I'd seen them loads before and it was always great).
---
Ooh but also saw Primal Scream on the Screamadelica tour (the less said about recent revelations re: Duffy, the better), which probs was a cash in, but was glorious.

Reactions: 7

Atruck

Magpies and humans dream the same dream! (I am braleaves from pruning overhead today)
My cherry DMs I think were prompted by parklife Damon A and were a mega present from Dolcis in the early/mid 90s. That was the made in England heyday but I got slight duds- one tongue always lies wonky and jabs into my shin, and as soon as they creased a bit of cherry chipped off🔺. I'm talking about them in the present tense though and they're still watertight and have grip.

Stripper Vicar

VIP Member
I was too young for the stone roses when they released second coming and too poor to get tickets when they reformed 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

this_n_that

Gosh remember Toni Halliday of Curve? I admired her so much when I was at school, wonder what happened to her?
Amazing how so many of the Brit Pop females walked away from success and went into alternative careers.

PinkandTwinkly

Probably best you don't then; he's not looking...great.
Mansun was my mid/late nineties band. I saw Paul again when he toured AOTGL 4-5 years ago and it was nicely nostalgic, but ended up in a FB group post that that he runs/posts in and he's pretty creepy and prone to having massive strops about stuff.

Reactions: 6

Peonyrose

VIP Member
back in the day (1995 / 1996) in North West of England it was:

berghaus if your parents were loaded
Helly Hansen if they weren’t rich weren’t poor
Sprayaway if you were a povvo

Sweatershop jumpers…less britpop and just for girls who were in to pop pop?
And now it’s Helly Hansen for adults who don’t want to be associated with The North Face🤣

• Haha

Warpaint

VIP Member
I always thought Blur failed miserably in America apart from when 'Song 2' came out which did okay.

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I always thought it was really interesting that both The Stone Roses and Suede released fantastic but divisive second albums in 1994, both towards the end of the year. It’s a total coincidence, but it really highlights how the uk guitar/alternative/indie scene had changed so much since each of their debuts, and how they both responded musically.

SarcasticEllis

VIP Member
Was just wondering this the other day - back in 95/96 band merch was so expensive! my oasis t shirt (black, silver logo - awesome) was £15.99 and I’d probably baulk at paying that now.
While that t shirt was thrown out due to sheer overwear, I do regret chucking out my DMs for seemingly the same reason as they’d be so comfy now without the anguish of breaking in (and the leather was far better quality then IMO).

• Haha

holysmokes

IMG_4373.jpeg

I’d never heard the Stove rumours, interesting. Fair play to Chad he’s made a pretty good pivot!

• Wow

LittleMissOnions

VIP Member
OCS are supporting Richard Ashcroft at the gig I’m going to this afternoon 🙌🏻
I saw The Verve supporting Oasis just before Urban Hymns came out, they blew them off stage. Liam was in such a foul mood that he had been upstaged!

OCS are also a brilliant live band. You’re going to have a blast, very jealous!

• Heart
  • Wow

jazzmonster

Chatty Member
all the comments under a news story of it on facebook were saying “everyone deserves a second chance” which is fine but keep that attitude for everyone.

seems only men have this luxury
One can discuss whether someone is redeemed or not forever. Or one could just give the support slot to someone not coming with that baggage. It’s not like there aren’t plenty of great acts to choose from.

Dizzy

VIP Member
Do we agree?
Checked the oasis-album once again, and they might be up on something. I did like Sunday morning call at that time, but now I really don’t care about it.
The other songs I mostly don’t even know though.
Granted it isn't their finest work but there are still come class songs on there - Go Let It Out, Sunday Morning Call, Who Feels Love, Gas Panic!

• Heart

Carefree

VIP Member
The Spice Girls Impulse was gorgeous 😳

Back on topic, I remember we were heavily into record bags at school around this time. Dreadful for the old shoulder but so cute.

I live in Austria, so I didn‘t experience britpop as a brit. So I‘m very curious about your insights! 😇
I recently had a relapse for all things britpop-related, since I was in London and saw blur in Wembley, which was fantastic.
Do we wanna discuss more gossipy stuff here, or the music as well? I’m here for both.
When in London, I saw some people with oasis-shirts with the classic logo, and also some Spice Girls-shirts. Who does sell good bandshirts in your opinion?