Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Dog man star holds up to the test of time. Jarvis I adore. I also love Divine Comedy. Music was so diverse I the 90s. I love it all
The Asphalt World is just perfection. There’s a video on YouTube, Bernard’s left, Richard has joined, they’re playing Phoenix and he’s absolutely smashed it. The lyrics too… when you’re there in her heart, and there in her legs, well I’ll be in her head.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8

NightBurger

I saw Blur and Pulp back in the day. Finally saw Richard Ashcroft a couple of years ago. As I’ve fancied him since I was 18 and he didn’t disappoint. Everyone singing along and hardly anyone with a phone in their hand. It was like 1997 again just for a couple of hours 😁 He was absolutely awesome. My fantasy was not shattered 🤣

• Heart

PeteM

VIP Member
There were many rumours of some of the Oasis songs being ghost written. Personally speaking, they were shite anyway.

• Haha

CarmenGhia

VIP Member
One of my signature looks involved red flared cords and an Adidas trackie top, usually with DMs. My hair varied between a short sloping wedge and a 1920s bob and when it was longer, I used to accessorise with hairclips like Louise Wener.
I've noticed a fair few Britpop kids became goths as they got older. Especially the girls. I know I did.

• Heart

bracrumbs

Chatty Member
Quercus from Penhaligons smells like CKone but a bit more modern. It scratches that itch for me.

Fahrenheit was the smell of every boy I loved from 1994-2002.

• Heart
  • Haha
Oh my god those Select covers 😍 I can't really remember the first one I read as I had a habit of when I got obsessed with a band (mainly the Manics tbh), I'd order a lot of back issues of magazines and cut the bits out and make wee scrapbooks and things. Fuck knows how I had the time to fit in going to school and drinking cider in the park and going to gigs.

I think I might have stopped buying it around the time the logo changed perhaps.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

kendallroysdownfall

Chatty Member
I was a bit too young for gigs when everyone was touring in the 90s but was so in love with Damon Albarn. He still makes me swoon in person, despite being absolutely teeny tiny. Finally saw Blur at Hyde Park and my inner teen was delighted.

Saw Pulp in Dublin recently and whilst not quite Britpop, just by virtue of their long career, I can't believe how good they are. It's also one of the most chill gigs I've been to and everyone who were wearing band shirts had on ones I love.

Fancied Liam, for about an hour, and didn't like Oasis past the second album.

I was going through a lot of horrible stuff in the 90s so my memories are scarce but they all definitely turned me onto music in a way nothing else did.
Well he's just split with his partner of 25 years so you might be in with a chance!

• Haha
  • Wow
My t shirts (wherever they may be) also seem to have fallen victim to dubious 90's material shrinkage. I bought some of the shell style Adidas recently for the sake of nostalgia. Maybe if I put them on those t shirts will miraculously fit again like some sort of footwear time machine 🤣

• Haha

bracrumbs

Chatty Member
I’d say green but I own both glittery and sequin docs so I’m clearly some sort of magpie rather than a human.

• Haha
Grip of addiction. He was a heroin addict allegedly for a long time. There are so many who are lucky to have made it out that time alive, much like rockstars before and since.

Stillwater

VIP Member
I saw The Lightening Seeds just before last Christmas. Pure feel good psychedelic pop.

I always see Ash when they’re about. Never noticed they were shoite now tbh 🥴

Dizzy

VIP Member
I really need to check out these books! I have Miki Berenyi’s but not read it yet.

Does anyone remember Raw magazine? It started out more heavy-rock orientated but covered more indie bands when britpop took off. It had really good interviews and gig reviews.

I love so much of the britpop music, indie, and so many other genres from around that time, there’s so much to say!

I LOVED Oasis, and still do. I know they’re not for everyone, and I respect that, I’m not going to try and change anyone’s minds! 🤣
But one of the reasons I love them is because their music was so uplifting, and the lyrics were so positive.

This quote from Noel on why he wrote Live Forever sums it up.

View attachment 2340565

ETA. I shouldn’t even mention Oasis here, they always rejected the Britpop label and said they were rock n roll. I wonder now if any bands actually said they were britpop?
Another massive Oasis fan here. I still go to Oasis tribute nights now and they go right off, the atmosphere is always brilliant.

• Heart

CarmenGhia

VIP Member
Yes there have been reports of possible sightings in places like India hasn’t there , but I think sadly he probably whether intentionally, or not, died by the Severn bridge and his body hasn’t been found . So sorry for his family it must be agony not knowing 😞
I used to have an aunt that lived in Chepstow, so I've been across those bridges a fair few times. The current is strong, it is often very windy and visibility there can be very poor.

Even if he did manage to "escape" by feigning suicide there, he was mentally and physically frail by then and wouldn't have got very far without a lot of support and timely medical care. It's a desperately sad story.

• Sad

Dizzy

VIP Member
Put the daughter aside for one moment, what’s telling here is, if what she wrote in the original blog was not factual, the title says sue me. So there is clearly a weight of truth to it or else it would have been removed due to liable.

As for involving their daughter no one should be sharing their kids personal info online. It’s ridiculous.

Anyway back to the Brit pop shenanigans….
Agree. I believe her/them 100%. He sounds a revolting person.

But yes, back to Britpop. What other artists have people seen who have reformed since the 90s?