Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MaryLou32

Chatty Member
What do you mean? The mother absolutely failed her own child, I wouldn't trust her with mine! Sorry but that's the honest truth.
You don’t know anything about the girls home life or how she was parented. There is no reason at the moment to suggest that her mother did anything but love and care for her…. It’s incredibly unfair, simplistic and short sighted just to say ‘it’s the parents fault’

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Shinythings

VIP Member
Yes! This is amazing news! Well done jury. So happy for her loved ones. Your justice has been delivered, Brianna ❤

• Heart

nothinonyou

VIP Member
Rocky Price's identity was revealed a day after he was found guilty of murder. justice Yip was also in charge of that case. I think she will do the same here once they are found guilty she will lift their anonymity order

She had self harm scars on her and when she was allegedly poisoned by the girl and cried out her mum’s first thought was that she had self harmed. I think she was a troubled teenager but I’ve known quite a few teenagers who self harm, dabbled with drugs, had anxiety issues but still gone on to live full lives as adults.
---

Depends how younger. If he was 15 and dating an 11year I’d say that’s wrong but if she was 14 I don’t see too much of an issue.
That’s one of the saddest aspects of the whole thing to me. Brianna was obviously going through some bad times and the poor mum doing her best to be supportive didn’t get to see her child come through the other side and find happiness. Feeling proud of Brianna for going out on the bus to meet up with friends only to end up with those two horrors.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

blueyfan3684

VIP Member
“I’ve got a problem, and it’s massive. There should be another count on this indictment, and that count is theft. There has been a theft in this case. Girl X has stolen our defence”

Sorry what? It’s not a TV drama🤯

• Wow
  • Sick

BarryEvansHun

Just to be clear my statement was more interest. I find it fascinating that he couldn't sit and listen to important information regarding his whole life and future without distractions.
I also find it interesting he can concentrate on literature enough to study for five A levels.
I am aware it's a different sort of concentration needed for academic work but it's still very focused . My son is doing four and never seems to get a break.

I didn't and would never mean to offend.
We can’t focus on fuck all without adjustments however if we find a topic we ‘like’ we can become hyper focused and cannot focus on anything else at all. Maybe he’s taking a levels in special interests of his. Obsessions really take over our heads and our lives. I wish sometimes I would become hyper focused on something that would enrich my life, but it never happens. Last HF was the nutty putty cave disaster. I didn’t sleep for weeks researching it, through the day at work I couldn’t stop thinking about it and it was affecting my admin, at home no housework got done. I can’t explain it.

• Heart

Elle Woods

VIP Member
I've not been following the trial on Liverpool Echo today as been too busy but I am subscribed to their whatsapp updates.

This was my face when I received the update saying Boy Y had been compared to a Tesco meal deal by his lawyer

• Haha

Ellie_Rose

Girl X has parallels with Amber Wright in America. She was also 15 and was jailed for life without parole for luring her ex boyfriend to a house where he was murdered by a group of her male friends. The court charged her with first degree murder because of her role in planning the murder and luring the victim there.

Brianna’s mother is such a strong woman. Brianna was lucky to have such a lovely, supportive mum. She must feel completely broken after what she’s heard over the last few weeks 😕

• Sad

Em312

I’m not talking about neurodiversity as a whole I am just talking about him. How can he do all this planning and go through doing something horrific and trying to hide it but find a trial arduous?
You understand the difference between planning something exciting with a friend over text and sitting listening to lengthy formal legal procedures in an unfamiliar environment, I hope? The two aren't comparable activities.

When Oscar Pistorius shot his girlfriend, should he have been made to crawl up the steps to the dock without his prosthetics on? How could he have shot someone and claimed he thought it was an intruder but find walking around a court room arduous?

If that last example sounds ridiculous it's what those questioning the neurodivergent accomodations sound like to those that do understand.

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
The way the police/CPS have charged it means they're accused of planning it and encouraging it. They did a good job with the charges that means it doesn’t matter which of them used the knife to stab B, they both created a scenario where B was murdered.

My worst nightmare would be sitting on a jury and repeatedly having to go over stuff because one or two Billy big balls likes the sound of their own voice and “doesn‘t believe in autism/labelling kids as murderers/just doesn’t think they did it”etc. like the knobhead at a work meeting who keeps asking questions for the sake of showing off, it was a 30 min meeting but now you’re missing lunch coz they need to go on about something
I've got the absolute fear that there will be gender crtit/terfs on the jury who will go NG to fit their narrative. Entirely speculation and I hope to god I'm wrong, but I've seen some awful shit spouted by people (not here) about Brianna so it isn't impossible, sadly. I so hope I'm wrong.

• Angry
  • Heart
I think the safety of the families is a massive concern if they are named.
Largely due to the narratives being weaponised. We’ve already seen the cesspit on Twitter. It’s inflammatory and WILL get reactions, from those with extremist views, regardless of which stance they take.

This isn’t just, for lack of a better term, a run of the mill Murder. It isn’t a typical case. It’s a case that is clearly being used for political gain and the impact has to be considered when thinking of naming them.

Briannas mum had that strength and dignity to implore the public have empathy for them, I wonder if that will impacts todays judgement
Not specifically aimed at you, and I’m aware this is not the gender discussion thread but…it’s not TERFs or GC people who are making this a political issue. It’s also not GCs who routinely encourage violence; however it’s celebrated and encouraged when certain people shout “punch/kill a TERF”, there’s even merch on Etsy etc.

• Heart
  • Wow

Naataaliiee

I think they should be named as they targeted multiple people, not just one. It wasn’t a ‘one off’, it wasn’t an attack against one person, nor was it a random attack. It was planned, and others were targeted too. They literally had a list. They clearly remain a danger to society and I wouldn’t like to know they’re unnamed (even though we all know their names), possibly with new identities, parading round the town local to where I live with my family. Name and shame them and lock them up.

Ellie_Rose

So glad that Brianna and her family have justice. These two should be locked up for a long time for what they did. Brianna deserved to grow up and overcome her difficulties but they stole her life away from her.

I too wonder about the killers’ families. Did their parents suspect anything was amiss? Did they have any concerns about their children before this awful crime? Or were they so secretive that they presented a normal front while writing about and planning evil acts?

BarryEvansHun

This ‘selective mutism’ that the boy has ‘developed’ during the trial. He spoke during his police interviews. Then started becoming quieter, then stopped speaking. Now he’s autistic. He’s definately something, and buying a boy a knife as a gift by parent is an act of insanity in this day and age. The girl has used the boys mutism defence as a way to copy her defence and slip out of it. Although, I believe the girl to have been the main protagonist and instigator of the murder, she saw his weakness and wanted a sidekick.
It wasn’t a hate crime, and any time wasted on trying to prove it was detracted from gathering evidence for the murder, and more importantly nailing down the killer. But hey. They will both be free by the time they are 25. So some fun time in a youth offending centre until they are 21, if they can prove mental incapacity, Play Station 5, and Trips to the seaside like Bulgers killers enjoyed.
I’m not sure why people are so set against Y having autism and SM. Are you seriously trying to say that he’s convinced several highly educated and experienced health and educational professionals that he’s just developed autism? That’s not really how it works. They look at your entire history, they look at evidence from the pregnancy until now. It’s not the same as say, an onset psychotic disorder? Also having autism and/or SM is not a defence, he is deemed full mental capacity. It just means he needs reasonable adjustments, which I’m glad the court could provide him. He’s still been cross examined and treated like each and every other defendant. People with autism are not exempt from committing crimes.

And what you’ve said is exactly how selective mutism works. Usually a traumatic event happens and slowly they stop speaking until they don’t. Or sometimes they can still speak to chosen people, for example parents or care giver that they trust and are close to. Some never speak again, some wont say conversations but will sing along to songs. Some they start speaking again a few months sometimes years later. I find SM quite fascinating, I always have.

Last edited:
  • Heart

blueyfan3684

VIP Member
If Boy Y was a fully paid up member of the Brianna killing team

The way he’s been talking in this closing statement is so insensitive and disrespectful! ‘Brianna killing team’ wtf🧐

• Sad

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I just think - plenty of people have kids that are difficult, a bit of a handful, going through a phase. Nobody thinks their child is going to kill somebody.
---
Nobody is a murderer until they kill someone.

pollypocket77

Chatty Member
The fact that you obviously tried to find them, the names won't just suddenly have appeared when you log onto facebook. You MUST have searched. That says a lot about your character.
You sound so condescending. You’re literally engrossed in following the case but you think it’s ever so wrong that someone show interest in who X & Y actually are? Sorry but it’s human nature to be curious on murderers, that’s why true crime is so popular. And I agree with everyone else saying the names are already out there, I literally typed Brianna in a search and two names came along side it. But heaven forbid anyone showing any interest that contradicts what YOU believe to be ok, or not

• Heart