Brianna Ghey Murder Trial #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just think it’s a very odd thing to even speculate when there’s no evidence of it, it’s like clutching at straws to try give some sort of proof that there was some sort of hate crime committed here

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The prosecution did a fantastic job of saying they are both responsible.
I'd be very surprised if the jury came to anything other than a guilty verdict for them both.

Reactions: 17
Does this mean the defendants or the cells in the court generally?
View attachment 2637581
---

there's plenty to suggest he would in the messages he sent, sadly.
If we are judging these teens by taking their text messages as fact, the girl has also murdered twice before. This speculation about the boy being “transphobic” seems ridiculous. Why not also speculate whether the girl was about to take Brianna’s eye as a trophy, as she boasted she would?

Yes, he used crude language. They both did. I don’t even think this silly Snapchat showing off qualifies him as transphobic, let alone suggests a hate crime, never mind this slightly grotesque guesswork about him rooting through bloodied clothes into a dying teenager’s underwear. There’s no need for such bizarre ideas in my opinion. The crime is horrific enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
that’s lucky - he’ll need that where he’s going…
---
Without it being a hate crime I find it hard to come up with how Boy Y could develop that much anger and aggression to brutally stab someone he’s never met?
I think it was to explain that he’s be able to stab with force - we know some stabs were deep.
I don't think he needed to “hate” a specific thing about Brianna, he is someone who wanted to kill. I think he is controlling and wanted to dominate someone.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I think it was to explain that he’s be able to stab with force - we know some stabs were deep.
I don't think he needed to “hate” a specific thing about Brianna, he is someone who wanted to kill. I think he is controlling and wanted to dominate someone.
One of them said in a text ‘if we can’t kill boy M, we will kill Brianna instead’ so agree, they both just wanted to kill someone, anyone it seems.

Reactions: 12
If anyone has seen the kickboxing Facebook page that is quite clearly owned by Y’s family member, there are photos on there of a teenage boy who looks VERY similar to the school photo of Boy Y…….
if we're looking at the same page, there's only like 4 photos and none of them are children

Neither of these closing arguments are going to help because they are both pinning it on eachother. They essentially cancel the other out.

Reactions: 8
I can’t find the original post but attached your post is somebody saying they don’t understand how it couldn’t be a hate crime with how much aggression was used etc. A hate crime is proved based on motive. No on how violent you are to the victim. Their motive was violence and torture and they acted as such. It’s really damaging to imply this was motivated by transphobia, as a lot of people are using this case for political gain.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think RP is doing really well for his client.

The forensic evidence points to Boy Y doing it. There is little forensic evidence pointing to Girl X. Doesn’t mean she’s not guilty of the intent, but Y is definitely much more implicated in the actual stabbing.

A crucial point is the force used; unlikely Girl X could use that much force on her own and overpower Brianna, a biological male.

Boy Y’s Counsel is going to have a hard job pinning all the stabbing on Girl X. He has the weaker case.

I suspect that RP may say that Boy Y was transphobic and that’s why he was especially keen to kill Brianna and use as much force as he did. Because that’s another difference between the defendants.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I agree. He's certainly giving her the best argument he can even if it will be cancelled out by the other defence.
Thanks. It posted before I was ready 🤦‍♀️ so I had to go back and edit!

I don’t think the defences will cancel each other out since it’s clear from the forensic evidence that Boy Y did at least some/most of the stabbing and it’s not clear that Girl X did any.

If you look at the prosecution’s closing argument, you’ll see it focuses more on Boy Y. He’s the slam dunk imo, both intent and action (the stabbing) proved.

Reactions: 6
Thanks. It posted before I was ready 🤦‍♀️ so I had to go back and edit!

I don’t think the defences will cancel each other out since it’s clear from the forensic evidence that Boy Y did at least some/most of the stabbing and it’s not clear that Girl X did any.

If you look at the prosecution’s closing argument, you’ll see it focuses more on Boy Y. He’s the slam dunk imo, both intent and action (the stabbing) proved.
I agree. I hope they both get a guilty verdict but if only one were to, I think on evidence it would be Y.

Reactions: 6
I just think it’s a very odd thing to even speculate when there’s no evidence of it, it’s like clutching at straws to try give some sort of proof that there was some sort of hate crime committed here
Exactly. People are soooo desperate for this to be a hate crime? Why? What part of “they had a list of 5 other kids to kill” do they not understand?
Their original number 1 target was boy E ( who they described as a nonce because he was going out with a girl in the year or couple years below)
He blocked the fake insta, and girl x said “if we can’t get boy e, we can kill Brianna”
To be a hate crime, Brianna would have been murdered cause she was trans.
Where’s the evidence of this? Stop pushing your agenda.
Trans people are still normal people you know, they can still be murdered just like other normal people. It doesn’t have to be because they were trans.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
“When we move towards the end of January, Girl X has been talking about murdering Brianna for some time. Had these two really moved out of the fantasy world and into the real world? Much more importantly, if you are unsure that Girl X carried out the stabbing, had she moved out of the fantasy world?”
Yes, because of the overdose. Brianna's mum saw the after effects.

Reactions: 4
So, closing speech for boy y tmoro morning, then I imagine they’ll break for lunch with the judge starting her summing up / jury directions on the afternoon. I think it might be Wednesday morning before the jury get sent out. If so, I expect a verdict shortly after. Then hopefully their identities will be lifted the following day. :sneaky:

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.