Brianna Ghey Murder Trial #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does this mean the defendants or the cells in the court generally?
1702900572467.png

---
I think he was just saying that to be crude, I’d be very surprised if he actually had done that, I don’t see anything to suggest that he would have
there's plenty to suggest he would in the messages he sent, sadly.

Reactions: 10
God she's doing a fantastic job of saying 'he's hiding behind a diagnosis' without directly saying it. When she sums it all up like this, there's really clearly only one verdict.
DH isn’t saying he’s hiding behind a diagnosis, she’s saying he’s lying. This is an important distinction. It’s not disputed by anyone including DH that he has autism (or selective mutism). Autistic people can lie. DH is suggesting he lied both before his diagnosis - to the police - and now. Let’s not use this to get in a dig about his diagnosis or how he’s taking advantage of it.

I agree with you there’s clearly only one verdict.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
They are wiping the floor with them both. As they should.

And I'm so glad she's bringing up this phoney excessive autism thing too. I'm sure he is autistic, but i'm also certain he's playing on it too.

Can't say I'd ever considered that he was interested in Briannas genitalia, but that does make sense in many ways and perhaps it explains why he was so very covered in blood?
---
Sorry but he's definitely playing on his diagnosis. It is lying, but it's also manipulation.

Attachments

Reactions: 22
I just really don’t think this murder had anything to do with Brianna’s gender so I highly doubt it

• Heart
Reactions: 21
So which one of them is causing commotion in the cells
Neither. Girl X is appearing via video link and Boy Y is in the dock.

It will be another defendant from another case which can be heard from the court room.

Reactions: 18
And I'm so glad she's bringing up this phoney excessive autism thing too. I'm sure he is autistic, but i'm also certain he's playing on it too.
She’s not bringing up “this phoney excessive autism thing”, she’s pointing out inconsistencies. It doesn’t mean she thinks he’s playing on his autism, we don’t know.

I don’t know how you can be “certain” he’s playing on it. It’s entirely probable that having learnt in the last 9 months that he’s autistic, he genuinely has “learnt” that means he can’t always know what exactly he is feeling. Coming out with a response like that IS within the normal range of behaviour from someone with autism.

I think he’s a liar and guilty. But I find it uncomfortable to see any glee at thinking his autism is being undermined or proven phoney. It demonstrates that autism does get side-eyed a lot.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The first I heard of selective mutism was Katie Rough. It's usually an anxiety disorder in children. I think her killer also developed it after the murder so it's definitely a thing

Reactions: 4
I think they’re both guilty, I think they both stabbed B.
Girl X is a personality-disorder type liar, manipulator, enjoys causing suffering, would tell you the sky is green and the grass is blue. Boy Y is a different type of liar and manipulator, more sophisticated by using language and seemingly helpful but still a liar with a desire to kill and homophobi/transphobic. My opinion. Two different flavours of psycho.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
This has been suggested by the prosecution. I'd not put this together myself and not seen the same speculated here, but spoiling as it is bleeping awful.

“Boy Y says all I wanted was to see what size d*** it had. Was that why Boy Y approached Brianna as she lay on the ground in Linear Park?
I’m sure this was mentioned in the last thread. Wasn’t it in a text exchange he said he wanted to do so?

Reactions: 7
I’m sure this was mentioned in the last thread. Wasn’t it in a text exchange he said he wanted to do so?
yes, that's where the prosecution got this quote from. It was mentioned but not as a reason for him to bend down next to her dead body.

Reactions: 3
I think he was just saying that to be crude, I’d be very surprised if he actually had done that, I don’t see anything to suggest that he would have
I agree. I don’t think any of this has a sexual nor hate crime motive. We can’t expect Y to have respect for any of those children on the list, he was planning on brutally killing them and dismembering their bodies. I wouldn’t expect him to use appropriate language towards their characteristics.

Reactions: 11
yes, that's where the prosecution got this quote from. It was mentioned but not as a reason for him to bend down next to her dead body.
I didn’t read that DH or RP asked Boy Y if that’s why he bent down beside her. Maybe DH didn’t because without him having denied it, it’s easier for her to infer that’s the reason.

To add though, I unfortunately wouldn’t be surprised if Boy Y had looked under Brianna’s skirt, or at least genuinely intended to. Not out of sexual reasons, but macabre curiosity.

Reactions: 15
She’s not bringing up “this phoney excessive autism thing”, she’s pointing out inconsistencies. It doesn’t mean she thinks he’s playing on his autism, we don’t know.

I don’t know how you can be “certain” he’s playing on it. It’s entirely probable that having learnt in the last 9 months that he’s autistic, he genuinely has “learnt” that means he can’t always know what exactly he is feeling. Coming out with a response like that IS within the normal range of behaviour from someone with autism.

I think he’s a liar and guilty. But I find it uncomfortable to see any glee at thinking his autism is being undermined or proven phoney. It demonstrates that autism does get side-eyed a lot.
I work in forensic mental health. I’ve supported many patients with autism. There is this myth that people with autism and/or learning disabilities are exempt from bad behaviours. That they are happy, clappy, smiley humans that wouldn’t hurt a fly. This is not true. They are just a capable of lying, manipulating, harming and killing as somebody without autism. There is no hiding behind an autism diagnosis in a situation like this. He’s a murderer AND he has autism. He’s not killed Brianna because he’s autistic. Plus he is deemed full capacity, or he wouldn’t be tried in a court of law. He knows exactly what he’s doing. The judge has explained this. Selective mutism is common for people with autism after a traumatic event. Even though he is the perpetrator, it can still be considered a traumatic event.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Y trained in kickboxing…
If anyone has seen the kickboxing Facebook page that is quite clearly owned by Y’s family member, there are photos on there of a teenage boy who looks VERY similar to the school photo of Boy Y…….

Reactions: 11
To add though, I unfortunately wouldn’t be surprised if Boy Y had looked under Brianna’s skirt, or at least genuinely intended to. Not out of sexual reasons, but macabre curiosity.
I do think having this curiosity is some what normal. I remember being young and seeing a transvestite wondering if they had a Willy or not. Obviously looking up someone’s skirt is NOT normal before I get jumped on. But there’s no proof of that, just speculation.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.