Brian Dowling #13 Family of 3, about to be 4…Aoife says ‘oh no, don’t you want me around anymore?’

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The family of four comment has to hurt if Aoife is watching his stories from afar, recovering after birth and away from the two kids. You’ll never convince me that she doesn’t see herself as part of that family. She has no other life. Her whole Instagram is dedicated to Brian, Arthur and Blake.

Reactions: 21
I can’t decide if it is someone washing dishes or cooking

surely bad and all as they are they wouldn’t have aoife cooking a few days after a C-section

Reactions: 2
I'm delighted Blu arrived early, give that lazy fooker a boot up the hole, he was thinking he had at least a couple of weeks to get all his pampering and fillers done and now he has to feed his newborn. I've kinda lost my sympathy for Aoife too, I'm sure she had multiple places to go to recover and get waited on and finally start her own life but she chooses to stay with dumb and dumber and be their skivvy.

Reactions: 20
Enough of this now, Aoife is being exploited.

Family member should step in and say so. Maybe they already have...
She's being treated like tit.

Reactions: 12
What a kick in the stomach it must be for Aoife to hear that thick f#cker who she has basically ruined her life for, (unless she gets away from them) going on about her relaxing and being allowed to drink what she wants and how they are a family of 4 etc.. His comments are so oppressive and misogynistic. I know we are told that Aoife offered and wanted to help and blah blah blah.... but I have no doubt now after listening to different interviews and hearing the way he talks tit online, that Arthur is the one who put the pressure on. Aoife needs to run for the hills now. We have but one life, and it's short. I hope she'll see sense or that someone close to her will help her 'escape' their control of her.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Arthur constantly refers to her as "auntie aoife" and today his comment about family of four showed his true colours and mindset. For all his nice guy persona he's quite the lethal operator underneath. He's an expert at people pleasing and that comes at a cost. Effidy will be humoured as long as he sees fit.

Reactions: 22
Yes! Although would they have paid the ticket price? Having said that, I bet Brian had something arranged. Some big blow out night before the arrival of Buhluu. But she has arrived early now so what shall he do with his plans?
I’m fairly sure they thought the baby would just arrive on the due date as scheduled. Orthur hadn’t bothered to put his freebies together and Brian had left work on the 21st and planned a nice gentle fortnight before night feeds.
I assume they knew when she has going to have to her as my guess it was a planned c section

Reactions: 2
I don't know what Aoife's plans are for the future. But having 2 c-sections (I presume Blu was born by c-section) under 2 years is alot mentally & physically. Not to mention it restricts herself in her future life if she chooses to have a family of her own.
It was a sweet story with Blake but now not so much. The 2 bucks are showing their true colours... (baloooo)
I really hope Aoife is OK. I really hope she gets far away and maybe travel for a while.
Maybe Brian you should give up something in honor of Aoife & the fizzy drinks. ... like talking shite???

Reactions: 10
His comments are so oppressive and misogynistic. I know we are told that Aoife offered and wanted to help and blah blah blah.... but I have no doubt now after listening to different interviews and hearing the way he talks tit online, that Arthur is the one who put the pressure on.
I just came on to post something very similar. I've seen a very different side to Arthur as time has gone on, culminating in his awful, insensitive words about Aoife today. I agree that it's him who put the pressure on for babies rather than Brian.

Aoife clearly adores Arthur. There are selfies going back 10 plus years on her insta with him - more so than with any other family member. She's infatuated with him and Arthur knows this and uses this to his advantage. He knows she probably would never dare say no to him. Even if she did offer to be their surrogate day one, you can be sure that idea was planted in her head by Arthur.

She's amazing and one of the family when growing his baby, but now Blu is here they are a 'family of four'. Recovering from major surgery is 'relaxing' 🙄 No mention of anyone waiting on Aoife. She's done her job so they've no need for her, currently (until Brian is back to work, or there's an event to go to). I'm sure they do love her but they've exploited her. Her father and sister must be so worried about what's next for Aoife.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I just came on to post something very similar. I've seen a very different side to Arthur as time has gone on, culminating in his awful, insensitive words about Aoife today. I agree that it's him who put the pressure on for babies rather than Brian.

Aoife clearly adores Arthur. There are selfies going back 10 plus years on her insta with him - more so than with any other family member. She's infatuated with him and Arthur knows this and uses this to his advantage. He knows she probably would never dare say no to him. Even if she did offer to be their surrogate day one, you can be sure that idea was planted in her head by Arthur.

She's amazing and one of the family when growing his baby, but now Blu is here they are a 'family of four'. Recovering from major surgery is 'relaxing' 🙄 No mention of anyone waiting on Aoife. She's done her job so they've no need for her, currently (until Brian is back to work, or there's an event to go to). I'm sure they do love her but they've exploited her. Her father and sister must be so worried about what's next for Aoife.
Good post. He's coming across as a misogynistic,controlling piece of work IMO

Reactions: 14
Agreed in the beginning I thought arfur was a good guy and pitied him for putting up with bdg but they are as bad as each other

Arfur is playing on the I’m a nice happy guy image but as someone said his comments are insensitive and he hasn’t a clue really about what aoife has been through and I don’t think if he is honest really cares. He had his end goal in sight and is exploiting aoife to get there

I had said I fear she will do it again for them but I really hope one of the sisters steps in and encourages her to make a life for herself and be an aunt to Blake and blu not a nanny/mother figure

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She isn't the babies' aunt, though, she's their mother and they would be better off in her care. I really dislike the way Brian and Arthur have placed themselves as oppressed victims in the surrogacy debate when they are ruthlessly exploiting a clearly vulnerable woman and attempting to deprive two little girls of their mother by erasing her from existence. They would exploit a poor woman in a developing country if they were willing to pay, so either way they're scumbags. Ireland has introduced laws this week that make it easier for this kind of exploitation to happen. It's shameful considering our history of mother and baby homes, forced adoption, industrial schools etc - we really have short memories.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Arthur told RSVP Live: "Aoife has been absolutely incredible. From day one she knew we wanted siblings for Blake.
"We have been so loud saying that we want a brother or sister for Blake. When she came to us, she said she really wanted to do it and help us again.

I bet they were loud about it, what was it like for Aoife in that house, raising Blake, and hearing all the time that they wanted siblings for Blake, the amount of pressure must have been unreal. I think they have applied a good deal of emotional manipulation on Aoife, I hope she has practical and emotional support to get away from the pair of them. But realistically, she's 35 and out of the workplace for two maternity leaves, so I don't know where she goes from here, housing is expensive so her options are limited there, maybe living with a family member to get back on her feet. I don't envy her, she has a long physical and emotional recovery ahead of her.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
I wonder what she will do now.
They know from comments that people think they shouldn’t have put her through a second pregnancy and delivery in under two years. One child was an absolute blessing, be grateful for that instead of manipulating a second. Did they start talking about a second child in front of Aoife? How would she know they wanted a second otherwise. And they know Aoife adores both of them so would offer.
But now it’s all done. Where does she go? She surely can’t afford to rent a room in Dublin, if she goes to live with a sister at home, that’s not ideal either, moving back with her Dad is moving backwards.
It’s an uphill climb for her to get back into her own work life and social life. And she’ll still be recovering for a good few months.
But hey-ho Orthur has his family of 4 and Brian has MY dawwwwwghters.

Reactions: 13
It’s not over guys. They will have her go again. Arthur said in the column above he wants “siblings” for Blake. They are a pair of manipulative twats and don’t give one duck about Aoife’s future or potential to meet someone. As far as they’re concerned she’s there to be used and abused as they see fit.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
It’s not over guys. They will have her go again. Arthur said in the column above he wants “siblings” for Blake. They are a pair of manipulative twats and don’t give one duck about Aoife’s future or potential or meet someone. As far as they’re concerned she’s there to be used and abused as they see fit.
They will keep going for a boy so Orthurs name will be carried on
After watching Orthur on TV3 a few weeks back I felt very uneasy he came across as a manipulative bully bit I said nothing. After reading everyone's posts here last few days I'm not alone - he definitely railroaded Effidy into No 2 and I think the family disagreed and that's why they weren't seen for months.
Him going on the Dowling family holiday without Brian was all for show

I'm afraid his will all end very badly for Aoife, her sisters and Father can see this too

Last edited:
Reactions: 18