Brian Dowling #12 How will they afford high rent cause they havent a cent

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Arthur may be the father but it's Aoife's name down as mother and any judge in the land will side with the mother, especially if she's been living with them rearing Blake and a sibling on the way. I don't for a second think she'd try to take Blake just saying she'd have no trouble if she did.
Surrogacy isn't legislated here but even in the scenario you outline, she'd never get 100% custody.

You can dislike Arthur personally but he's nothing if not a doting dad. She has a loving home and is very well cared for. There's no reason on earth if the worst happened that Arthur would lose custody. Brian can also apply for legal guardianship.

Also the chances of Aoife trying to apply for full custody are microscopic. Yes, the set up seems not great for her, but she is on record saying she doesn't want kids.

Reactions: 10
I don’t understand the not wanting kids thing but happy to pause my life to birth and rear my brother’s kids

Reactions: 15
No I'm not saying she would ever I'm just saying she could get 50/50 custody if she wanted it. Aoife wouldn't be able for 100% custody. Anyway, back to Brian. Arthur is nearly too boring to talk about anymore.

Reactions: 1
His hormones
They’re taking the absolute p**s now. She must have no life of her own at all.
i think she has decided this IS her life. I don’t honestly think there’s anywhere she’d rather be. Also I mean how can she walk away after this baby is born. Is she really meant to say: that’s it. My job is done and walk away for a new life. Tell me how any woman could do that. Walk away from the babies she gave birth to ? It’s insane to think she could do that.
---
She clearly sees herself as a regular mother.
Yes. Definitely!!
---
Nonsense, dyspraxia or dyslexia do not prevent you learning to drive, automatics take any anxiety out if it. It’s entitlement and laziness for Brian pure and simple.
But there has to be an element of fear for some reason. I mean why put himself through the inconvenience of not driving if he could help it. Also the fact that he does nothing in the house etc. I just feel there’s some learning difficulty there. And I work in this area. So I just feel there is.
---
I would love to know what would happen if one day Aoife just took Blake and the new baby and left? What would the legal situation be, have Brian and Arthur adopted Blake or just left things up in the air trusting Aoife would just go along with them.

I'm adopted (back in early eighties) and it took a lot of checks, medical, financial and Garda reports , references from local priest as I was to be adopted into same religion at request of birth mother, personal references for adoptive parents on their good character, social workers interview everyone in the house, including other children, it's very intensive. Cannot see Brian and Arthur holding it together to meet all requirements and engaging with services in a calm manner.
I think Brian has to wait a couple of years to be able to adopt her. But yes they are Aoife’s children. She would have the law on her side if she left with the babies and Arthur would have a custody arrangement. Brian would have no legal standing and he knows this.
---
Aoife can basically do what she wants and these two bozos can't do anything about it.
Soo true. Omg scary when you think of it. Now that would cause world war 3. But surely their surrogacy arrangement with her has some legal protections built in? 🤔
---
He can't pass the Theory test so there is a possibility of a learning disability. However, I'm inclined to think it's laziness and he can't be arsed sitting down to learn and think about it all.
If he can’t pass the theory test then you have your diagnosis. 🤷‍♀️
---
There are supports in place for people with dyslexia to take the theory test, it's just pure laziness with him
Yes but he also has not learned to operate the controls on his radio show. !!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I think ye are all being too kind tbh. He is just lazy and entitled and has a “why bother when someone else will do it” attitude. As far as I’m aware he hasn’t tried for the theory again since failing it

Reactions: 23
I think ye are all being too kind tbh. He is just lazy and entitled and has a “why bother when someone else will do it” attitude. As far as I’m aware he hasn’t tried for the theory again since failing it
Completely agree he is lazy and full of his own self importance , everyone else does it all for him so why should he , suzanne works the desk, Arthur drives him everywhere , aoife rears his child and cooks for him

Reactions: 7
Just about working the desk at 98fm. I’m pretty sure those that do have been to college and are much more than a ‘personality’ like Brian who just comes in as a sidekick. There are people in every studio who stand in when Suzanne for example is off. It’s not just a case of showing him a few buttons & leaving him to it, this happens everywhere. It’s not down to laziness. I remember way back someone talking about it, it could have been Dave Moore.

Reactions: 3
Does anyone think Brian looks dead behind the eyes, or lifeless. There’s something about him … can’t put my finger on it… but I’d say he’s a horrible bitchy person.
House of wax springs to mind

Reactions: 3
They are very quiet since they moved
Ya as Skinner said, no furniture. Brian was on that green sofa that they had in BMR’s room the other evening. It was probably gifted. Don’t have much more seating apart from the dining chairs which were scabbed, soz I mean gifted. They probably brought that rug they love so much, maybe that thing they used instead of a coffee table. And BMR’s gifted Mini Mouse armchair.

Reactions: 8
Newstalk and 96fm both had bits about tattle today. Should be shut down etc. One politician saying tattlers putting up pics of people's children and slating them. Eh hello it's the influencers themselves putting up pics of their children on their main page. He was also talking about some midlands boutique owner who complained she's getting an awful slating. Who is that?

Reactions: 11
Newstalk and 96fm both had bits about tattle today. Should be shut down etc. One politician saying tattlers putting up pics of people's children and slating them. Eh hello it's the influencers themselves putting up pics of their children on their main page. He was also talking about some midlands boutique owner who complained she's getting an awful slating. Who is that?
Might be Lisa McGowan, not a boutique owner but currently has a pop up shop of overpriced tat from China.

Churns out the 'troll' story at every possible opportunity. Cute enough not to mention Tattle though unlike Pippa O'Connor who probably drove a lot of traffic here when she named it. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 13