Brexit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve found him interesting to watch the past year.... he voices his opinion but never goes deeper than yes / no opinions. Like if he disagrees he never says what he thinks should happen etc. or what he’d do. He just doesn’t give me much confidence as a leader.

Although after finding out more about his past with CPS and a few famous cases my opinion on him changed anyways but I still respect him as a leader position just right now he’s not giving me anything!
Are you referring to the ludicrous allegations about him and Savile? If so you do realise this is all nonsense made up by far right nutters on Twitter to discredit him?

Reactions: 1
Are you referring to the ludicrous allegations about him and Savile? If so you do realise this is all nonsense made up by far right nutters on Twitter to discredit him?
No, I just think CPS is not great at handling a lot of top cases or most cases in fact. Time and time again people get leanient sentences for serious crimes, you’d get more for not paying your TV licence. So to know he had involvement in the decisions behind CPS, doesn’t give me much faith... anywho this Is all off topic - as your were haha!

No, I just think CPS is not great at handling a lot of top cases or most cases in fact. Time and time again people get leanient sentences for serious crimes, you’d get more for not paying your TV licence. So to know he had involvement in the decisions behind CPS, doesn’t give me much faith... anywho this Is all off topic - as your were haha!
The sentences that can be passed are due to the government, they are the ones that set the minimum and maximum tariffs. The judges and magistrates pass the actual sentence, nothing to do with the cps.

I’m still planning on leaving this shithole country one day. If I have to take citizenship/residency of another state then so be it.

Reactions: 3
Rayner fucked me off saying that the deal was the tories responsibility even if Labour vote for it. No, if you vote in favour of passing it, you are also responsible for it.
I think Labour are in a no win situation with ths. If they don't vote to accept it, the tories will say that they are wanting a no deal.

Rayner fucked me off saying that the deal was the tories responsibility even if Labour vote for it. No, if you vote in favour of passing it, you are also responsible for it.
On a personal level I agree with you, but can also see how this is a really difficult one for them. If Labour don't vote the deal through and we are plunged into a no deal situation, it's going to be all 'Boris saved the day getting a deal and Labour blocked it so any chaos that now ensues is Labour's fault'. Not sure what the answer to it all is but having any kind of deal surely seems better than no deal.

The DUP are a disgusting, backward party. Their views on abortion and LGBTQ issues have no place in the 21st Century.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The DUP are a disgusting, backward party. Their views on abortion and LGBTQ issues have no place in the 21st Century.
I never understand the mentality of Unionists in ulster. The Tories have shafted them time after time, yet they still prefer them to Labour.....

I’m lost... Ireland is still in the EU therefore would have more rights than British people in EU held countries than British who as a country voted to leave? We haven’t lost the right to live in our own country? We as a nation chose to leave the EU.

That’s like saying, someone from USA is a second class citizen because there maybe British people with a green card/citizenship/dual nationality living there - therefore has more freedom than someone born in the US with a US only passport!
People who live in the uk really need to develop at least a basic understanding of ROI, NI, Britain and the UK.

Reactions: 4
I never understand the mentality of Unionists in ulster. The Tories have shafted them time after time, yet they still prefer them to Labour.....
They would never have trusted Corbin as he's a "so called "republican sympathiser and Thatcher always stood firm as far as republicans were concerned they just see the conservatives as wholly British and share a lot of their outdated old school views.

They would never have trusted Corbin as he's a "so called "republican sympathiser and Thatcher always stood firm as far as republicans were concerned they just see the conservatives as wholly British and share a lot of their outdated old school views.
Yes, although they felt Thatcher shafted them big time with the Anglo-Irish agreement, and all the Ulster MP's that were unionists resigned (well, tried to, as you can;t resign from parliament, you have to ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer to appoint you to a paid crown post, and there are only two, so the shock tactic didn't really work!) to stand again as a 'referendum' on the agreement.

Yes, although they felt Thatcher shafted them big time with the Anglo-Irish agreement, and all the Ulster MP's that were unionists resigned (well, tried to, as you can;t resign from parliament, you have to ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer to appoint you to a paid crown post, and there are only two, so the shock tactic didn't really work!) to stand again as a 'referendum' on the agreement.
When you look at old Ken (Maginnis ) still hanging on in there (on a suspension) for his bullying ,homophobic and agressive views it's just goes to show they'll fight to the death to protect the union they're so set in their ways, although I have to hand it to Paisley he surpassed everyone's expectations even though he died despised by most of his own people .

People who live in the uk really need to develop at least a basic understanding of ROI, NI, Britain and the UK.
ROI is Ireland aka Southern Ireland which is separated from NI aka Northern Ireland which is a part of the U.K. aka The United Kingdom of Great Britian and Northern Ireland which also includes England, Scotland and Wales. Great Britain is technically the land name of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Each country within the “states” of U.K. have it’s own government and rules blah blah blah Is that ok for you or did my geography GCSE fail poor old me or would you like me to give you further knowledge of my own country where I don’t just live but was born and raised with parents from different parts of the U.K. ? I also might be able to teach you a few things about Volcanoes too from my GCSE geography days if you’d like!?

I’m lost... Ireland is still in the EU therefore would have more rights than British people in EU held countries than British who as a country voted to leave? We haven’t lost the right to live in our own country? We as a nation chose to leave the EU.

That’s like saying, someone from USA is a second class citizen because there maybe British people with a green card/citizenship/dual nationality living there - therefore has more freedom than someone born in the US with a US only passport!
I think what they're trying to say is anyone with an EU passport has more rights than anyone with a British passport (in the EU )not that Brits have lost the right to live in their own country ie someone from NI can enjoy both options as they can hold both passports.

Reactions: 4
Although extremely unlikely, but I hope when Parliament vote on the Act tomorrow, there's an overwhelming majority that vote "no"

That will put the cat amongst the pigeons

That glass eel story sure does tick the boxes to get something going viral. Loads on my feed have posted it.

But I wonder if all is not as it seems?

Doesn't seem to add up; someone who exported solely to the EU and received EU funding voted brexit is now worried that it will affect him? 🤨 Something seems fishy or he's really not with it.

In 2012 we moved to our current site supported by the European Fisheries Fund

Reactions: 2