Brexit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They'll have duel citizenship anyway but some won't see themselves as Irish at any cost, plus I'm sure the south will have enough to cover without supporting British subjects.
I hope the Unionists don't use their new EU healthcards then😄

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Do you know of any particular retailers atm monga? This is a concern of mine and was wondering if its likely to manifest.
i ordered a treadmill from Nordic track and they cancelled my order yesterday because I’m in Northern Ireland. Tried to order through John Lewis and same thing happened 🤬

Everyone in NI is already entitled to Irish citizenship.
I thought it was only open to people who were born here or whose parents were born here ... I’m originally from England but I’d love to get Irish citizenship

Who'd have thought it ey??
I saw earlier if the lorries don't have the right documents the containers of food have to be returned or destroyed they can't let them through, will it just be teething problems or the beginning of a nightmare for people 🤷‍♀️

You're right and that seems logical.
I read this but I still can’t work out whether it applies to Northern Ireland or just those residing in the republic. I’m British born in England but I’ve been in NI for a number of years and this is my forever home now.
I maybe need to do a few email enquiries and see where I stand ...

I read this but I still can’t work out whether it applies to Northern Ireland or just those residing in the republic. I’m British born in England but I’ve been in NI for a number of years and this is my forever home now.
Have you got any Irish born relatives ? if not you have to apply for citizenship like any foreigner would you wouldn't have an automatic entitlement to it.

Reactions: 2
This is worth checking but I think you may need to be resident in the Republic of Ireland to gain citizenship via naturalisation.

This is worth checking but I think you may need to be resident in the Republic of Ireland to gain citizenship via naturalisation.
That’s what I feared 😔 We have an apartment in Limerick but we don’t actually reside there. My husband works in the Republic a lot and the mortgage was cheaper than renting ... I love NI but I hate being part of the UK

Who are the idiots here, the people travelling for not taking their passports with them, or British Airways for not educating their staff properly. Either way seems to be something quickly and easily resolveable.

Reactions: 4
Who are the idiots here, the people travelling for not taking their passports with them, or British Airways for not educating their staff properly. Either way seems to be something quickly and easily resolveable.
It seems it's the airlines fault they said they were advised in Spain they didn't need the new travel card but the airline said that they did ?

Reactions: 1
Apparently it's a problem with the airline? I guess there is going to be confusion for a few days/weeks at least.
I imagine this people applied for residency cards in Spain (it's been 4 years since the vote). The problem is Spain doesn't recognize double citizenship unless you are descendant of spanish citizens or just from Latinamerica (Brazil included), Portugal, Andorra, Equatorial Guinea, Philippines or a sephardic jew (descendant of Spanish jews). In other EU countries, you can have the EU citizenship and still be British, not there.

It doesn't apply to you. You have to be born in Northern Ireland (with Irish or British parents) or have irish parents.

Attachments

Last edited:
i ordered a treadmill from Nordic track and they cancelled my order yesterday because I’m in Northern Ireland. Tried to order through John Lewis and same thing happened 🤬

I thought it was only open to people who were born here or whose parents were born here ... I’m originally from England but I’d love to get Irish citizenship
Sorry I meant everyone born in NI, not just living there.

So far we are a million miles ahead of the EU with vaccinations and been able to stop sanitry products being taxed as non essential, so that's a couple of positives of Brexit already.

Reactions: 4
So far we are a million miles ahead of the EU with vaccinations and been able to stop sanitry products being taxed as non essential, so that's a couple of positives of Brexit already.
Isn't that due to an earlier decision to not take part in the EU joint procurement for the vaccine - rather than a direct result of Brexit.

Also, we haven't done the same amount of testing and peer review. That may be a good decision, or a bad decision if any side-effects become clear.