Breast feeding

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This made me think about everything. I know that sounds strange but I've never thought about our breastmilk being dairy 😂 now I feel like a 35 week pregnant cow ready to be milked 😂
Your own breastmilk is still vegan. You don't exploit another species to get it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yes, I would try. I obviously meant non-human milk as per the earlier sentence :)

LOL. Dairy is milk produced by mammals to feed their young ones. For some reason, humans feed their babies milk meant for calves 🤔
It's so strange isn't it. I couldn't breastfeed with my first he wouldn't take to it at all I was devestated. Going to try with this baby and keep my fingers crossed! X

Reactions: 2
When my first baby was born 40 years ago I was actively discouraged from breastfeeding ! , I stuck to my guns though whilst in hospital all breast feeders got a bottle of mackesons stout it was said to be good for making milk ! I was often given 2 definitely helped with the sleeping the whole 10 days I was in she slept 6 hours every night got home and was up feeding every 2 hours so my dad bought me a crate !! Can you imagine this now I would be hung , drawn and quartered !!

• Haha
I breastfed my first I was 17 and determined to feed that way it was hard work at first I cried and remember a nurse coming in the middle of the night as I was exhausted,she took baby into nurses station for a few hours I didnt realise until she brought her back she had gave my baby a bottle.i still carried on breastfeeding and was so grateful that the nurse had gave me time to rest she must of took pity on me as I was the youngest on the ward no boyfriend there no support network just trying my best as a young new mum.
fast forward 3 years later 20 years old I had my 2nd my partner was controlling and I bottle fed due to after the birth I had to go to theatre and he said breastfeeding was disgusting!.i sobbed I thought I had failed my baby by not breastfeeding (now I know as I'm older I hadn't failed my baby they were fed and loved).
10 years later I had my last single mum older and I chose to breastfeed as soon as I had a c section I asked in the theatre for them to pass my baby so I could feed they wanted me to wait and said nana could give baby a bottle I flipped as I had made a choice that this time I was doing it how I wanted.i breastfed and then went onto both breast and bottle combination so my older kids could feel like they were involved.yes I could of continued to feed just breast but I wanted to do both.
it doesnt matter weather you breastfed or bottle fed or both.
As long as your babys fed and your happy what's it matter to anyone else x

• Heart
One thing I am really passionate/obsessed about is children safety. I will not pick on a mum that can’t bond with her baby or is struggling with certain things but I will pick on someone who will feed her baby too early. Baby’s tummy is ready for real food between 4-6 months however you can’t be sure the exact time. Some babies might be ready at 4 months but how can you be sure. So to be on the safe side you are supposed to wean at 6 months. Yes yes 20 years ago there was a different advice but we have evolved, science and all that. So it’s bad to wean too early because you run the risk of you baby having gut problems all their life. I was weaned early and I have had tummy problems. There is really 0 rush! They don’t need anything but formula or Brest milk until they are 1

• Heart
Reactions: 22
One thing I am really passionate/obsessed about is children safety. I will not pick on a mum that can’t bond with her baby or is struggling with certain things but I will pick on someone who will feed her baby too early. Baby’s tummy is ready for real food between 4-6 months however you can’t be sure the exact time. Some babies might be ready at 4 months but how can you be sure. So to be on the safe side you are supposed to wean at 6 months. Yes yes 20 years ago there was a different advice but we have evolved, science and all that. So it’s bad to wean too early because you run the risk of you baby having gut problems all their life. I was weaned early and I have had tummy problems. There is really 0 rush! They don’t need anything but formula or Brest milk until they are 1
Child safety? Because someone chooses to wean before 6 months its dangerous? We have "evolved" in the last 20 years? (Yes evolved into snowflakes hun lol).
Have you any idea how condescending that all sounds? [emoji23]

• Angry
Reactions: 11
Some of what you said is 100% true and great but the last thing you wrote had me laughing you try feeding a baby of just milk until 1, mine would be starved , grumpy & wouldn't sleep if I only ever have them milk!🙄

Reactions: 7
When my first baby was born 40 years ago I was actively discouraged from breastfeeding ! , I stuck to my guns though whilst in hospital all breast feeders got a bottle of mackesons stout it was said to be good for making milk ! I was often given 2 definitely helped with the sleeping the whole 10 days I was in she slept 6 hours every night got home and was up feeding every 2 hours so my dad bought me a crate !! Can you imagine this now I would be hung , drawn and quartered !!
You wouldn’t. Drinking whilst breastfeeding isn’t taboo anymore 👍🏼

Reactions: 4
Some of what you said is 100% true and great but the last thing you wrote had me laughing you try feeding a baby of just milk until 1, mine would be starved , grumpy & wouldn't sleep if I only ever have them milk!🙄
I haven’t said you feed just milk however milk should be their main meal until really close to 1. Weaning should come more natural. I did baby lead weaning with kids I looked after and my own child and find filling up a baby with baby rice or rubbish cereal it’s really not a good idea

Child safety? Because someone chooses to wean before 6 months its dangerous? We have "evolved" in the last 20 years? (Yes evolved into snowflakes hun lol).
Have you any idea how condescending that all sounds? [emoji23]

. SM-G930F .
I suppose it’s up to parents to feed their kids whatever they want. Hey why stop at baby rice and not feed them pies at 4 months. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Also ruining your kids gut it’s dangerous it might not kill them but they will suffer their whole life. IBS is one of the things can happen to kids weaned to early. I for one was not prepared to take that risk with my baby. For an extra month or two of just milk?

• Heart
I haven’t said you feed just milk however milk should be their main meal until really close to 1. Weaning should come more natural. I did baby lead weaning with kids I looked after and my own child and find filling up a baby with baby rice or rubbish cereal it’s really not a good idea

I suppose it’s up to parents to feed their kids whatever they want. Hey why stop at baby rice and not feed them pies at 4 months. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Also ruining your kids gut it’s dangerous it might not kill them but they will suffer their whole life. IBS is one of the things can happen to kids weaned to early. I for one was not prepared to take that risk with my baby. For an extra month or two of just milk?
I have IBS and coeliac

I suppose it’s up to parents to feed their kids whatever they want. Hey why stop at baby rice and not feed them pies at 4 months. [emoji2358][emoji2358][emoji2358]

"There is really 0 rush! They don’t need anything but formula or Brest milk until they are 1." These were your exact words! And please dont be facetious lol. Funny I have 4 healthy adult kids with no stomach problems (and none fed on pies ffs [emoji849][emoji849]).
I appreciate not everyone has same experiences but do people not have any common sense any more? Most Mothers know their own babies, without some do gooder ramming advice down their throats. And as an aside - most of todays advice will be old hat in another couple of years too. Your babies will be telling you experienced Mums in years to come, that you know jack tit [emoji1787][emoji1787]

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Im really pro breastfeeding - fed my daughter until she was 2 and 13 months in with my son. What no one really tells you is the total exhaustion you will suffer feeding a new born baby every 2 hours around the clock. What I find really frustrating is the number of women I’ve met who seemingly just use “I didn’t produce enough milk” as an excuse. It’s supply and demand - the more you feed/express the more milk you make. Honestly in real life I’ve not even met a single mum who has actually been honest and has said I just didn’t want to breast feed as it’s always veiled with an excuse.
I find people that say it’s impossible not to produce enough milk as it’s supply and demand. I had a very traumatic birth. When my son was born first thing midwives did was fed him formula from a cup. He has to have a blood test done before feeding to check if his kidneys and liver were affected from the meds they put me on during birth. That expanded his tiny stomach. I then tried to breastfeed him but as you know your milk doesn’t come in for a few days. So I tried and tried breastfeeding and he was ina feeding frenzy. I was pumping and feeding and I was producing loads but he just wanted more and more. But it just want enough even when my milk came in. It was soul destroying as I really wanted to breastfeed. I struggled to bond with him but that was a struggle as well. I give up BF for my own mental health even though in the end I did have post natal depression and didn’t bond with him until he was 1. I constantly carry the guilt that I didn’t do enough to breastfeed even though I know I probably would have ended up in hospital if I would have carried on with it. When I hear people saying thing you say it pisses me off to no end. Formula feeding is not the picture perfect but for some mums it’s the only option and nobody should be made to feel bad about it

• Heart
Reactions: 4

The only people who would have a problem with anything you’ve said are people who have acted against the most recent feeding guidelines and act defensive (either because it didn’t seem to negatively affect THEIR child or perhaps out of feeling guilty that they knew no better, even though as has been pointed out...guidelines change!).

There are updated guidelines based on decades of continued research and an ever expanding knowledge of what has caused so many awful digestive problems among our society, things many of us here likely suffer with. It baffles me why some are getting so defensive because they fed their child things they perhaps wouldn’t now (given the information that is now available).

Anyone can and will feed their child whatever they want, that’s obvious. But nobody here has the influence and reach that Grinch does and the fact she is so blatantly feeding Reggie (😆) so soon is a huge issue and rightly been picked up by those who are worried. Add it to the list of other ‘wtf’ behaviours (e.g. spraying paint while he’s RIGHT there, filling the home with chemicals his tiny lungs shouldn’t be exposed to, etc.)

Everyone agrees it’s messed up that his cot seems to be full of tat because that goes against SIDS advice and I guess we worry how many of her sheep will think ‘oh that looks pretty, I’ll copy’ without realising how terribly dangerous that is.
Hinch probably knows this (and hopefully removes the risks when he goes to sleep) but like with ALL of her dangerous behaviour she doesn’t address it. That’s the problem. She knows when something is ‘dodgy’ and she keeps 🤐...just like she is doing with feeding a baby who isn’t supporting his head WHICH IS THE GUIDELINE OF WHEN TO CONSIDER STARTING WEANING 🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 21
"There is really 0 rush! They don’t need anything but formula or Brest milk until they are 1." These were your exact words! And please dont be facetious lol. Funny I have 4 healthy adult kids with no stomach problems (and none fed on pies ffs [emoji849][emoji849]).
I appreciate not everyone has same experiences but do people not have any common sense any more? Most Mothers know their own babies, without some do gooder ramming advice down their throats. And as an aside - most of todays advice will be old hat in another couple of years too. Your babies will be telling you experienced Mums in years to come, that you know jack tit [emoji1787][emoji1787]

. SM-G930F .
Unfortunately people don’t have common sense anymore. The whole Mrs. Hinch rave proves that, surely if any of her hinchers had an ounce of common sense wouldn’t follow her lunacy. That’s why people do need to be made aware about dangerous practices. Lucky you that you knew your babies enough to know when their gut was ready for solids. Well done you! Mother of the year and all that.

The only people who would have a problem with anything you’ve said are people who have acted against the most recent feeding guidelines and act defensive (either because it didn’t seem to negatively affect THEIR child or perhaps out of feeling guilty that they knew no better, even though as has been pointed out...guidelines change!).

There are updated guidelines based on decades of continued research and an ever expanding knowledge of what has caused so many awful digestive problems among our society, things many of us here likely suffer with. It baffles me why some are getting so defensive because they fed their child things they perhaps wouldn’t now (given the information that is now available).

Anyone can and will feed their child whatever they want, that’s obvious. But nobody here has the influence and reach that Grinch does and the fact she is so blatantly feeding Reggie (😆) so soon is a huge issue and rightly been picked up by those who are worried. Add it to the list of other ‘wtf’ behaviours (e.g. spraying paint while he’s RIGHT there, filling the home with chemicals his tiny lungs shouldn’t be exposed to, etc.)

Everyone agrees it’s messed up that his cot seems to be full of tat because that goes against SIDS advice and I guess we worry how many of her sheep will think ‘oh that looks pretty, I’ll copy’ without realising how terribly dangerous that is.
Hinch probably knows this (and hopefully removes the risks when he goes to sleep) but like with ALL of her dangerous behaviour she doesn’t address it. That’s the problem. She knows when something is ‘dodgy’ and she keeps 🤐...just like she is doing with feeding a baby who isn’t supporting his head WHICH IS THE GUIDELINE OF WHEN TO CONSIDER STARTING WEANING 🤬
My point exactly!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Well I was given beer in my bottle to make me sleep as a baby from my unconcerned father and I now have coeliac disease. Makes me wonder?! I do believe giving children certain things before their systems are fully developed can affect them.
Also, I gave my daughter some veg at 5 months on advice from the HV. My son is now 4 months old (was 5 weeks prem) and will be BLW so 6 months onwards, maybe later depending when he’s sitting up. Regulations do change.
This! I keep saying all these parents prematurely weening their children are causing long term health issues for their children in the future! Unless you’re advised by a medical professional then all your baby needs is boob or bottle until 6 months +. My Mum had Coeliac disease she said it was her poor diet as a kid also!

Just because you were fine when your mum gave you a burger at 3 months old, doesn’t mean your kid will be 😭

I was advised to ween my eldest at 5 months due to reflux but she was not interested what so ever so was about 7 months when she started, my middle was ready around 6 and a half months and I’ll wait until my youngest is ready and showing signs once she’s old enough. Makes me so sad that people will see her giving her kid food and think it’s okay 😭.

☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻

Reactions: 3