Bras

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where do you get yours from?

I normally change mine about every six months but the last two lots that I have had from M & S, the quality has been very poor, just put two more in the bin.

Primark, I don't think the cups sizes are great and I'm only a B

Usually Bravissimo, I got the last ones at M&S and they have been rubbish as 2 of them have shoulder straps that crease and dig in. I have a narrow back and large cup size so think the straps should have been a bit wider.
The bras at Tesco look nice but don’t have my size.

Reactions: 1
I never buy from M&S nowadays and when I have been measured there in the past they always got it wrong!

I like Fantasie bras so I buy them online wherever I find them the cheapest (as they're a bit pricey).

My daughter is a B and she likes the Boux Avenue bras.

Reactions: 2
Another Fantasie bra fan here, also Triumph fit me well. Game changer when I bought a bra from Sainsos for £8 and it fit aswell as fantasie. M&S not fit for purpose, utter waste of money and duck knows where they get their sizing from. Got measured properly and was a 32E/30F marks had me in 34C

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Another Fantasie bra fan here, also Triumph fit me well. Game changer when I bought a bra from Sainsos for £8 and it fit aswell as fantasie
Funny, as I bought one for £3 in the sale in Sainsbury's and at first I thought 'wow' but bloody hell after a few hours wear it was really uncomfortable so I haven't worn it since!

There's a website called boob or Bust and they use four different measurements to calculate your size . Some of their advice is game changing .High street stores often have very limited size range.

I like fantasie bras too. I likes Molke during pregnancy and breastfeeding.

Reactions: 7
Has anyone a good online measure yourself guide? I did one a while ago which said I was a 30e. I’ve been waring a 32c for years so I’m not sure that it was right. I know I need to go in to get measured properly but I’m lazy 🤷‍♀️

Has anyone a good online measure yourself guide? I did one a while ago which said I was a 30e. I’ve been waring a 32c for years so I’m not sure that it was right. I know I need to go in to get measured properly but I’m lazy 🤷‍♀️
I was wearing a C cup and the online guides told me I was an E. I didn’t believe them as I never thought of myself as particularly large chested. I went to get measured at a reputable bra shop and they put me in F cups - a perfect fit! It is worth trying new sizes.

• Wow
Daughter is a 32B and wears new look, h&m and boux avenue bras, I’m a 32 E/F and never ever deviate from Freya bras (their cameo range is my fave) they are so supportive, look good and don’t cost a fortune.

• Heart
Older methods of measuring round your chest and adding 5 is no longer accurate. Whatever you measure is your back size. The cup size is the same, add a cup per inch.

SO if you measure 28 around your chest and 32 around your boobs you should wear a 28D

We are lead to believe that the bigger the cup size the bigger the boobs, but it's all relative to back size.

how-to-find-your-right-bra-size.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Try boob or Bust and use their online calculator . They have a Facebook group too. A lot of the posts are people saying they had a smaller band size and a larger cup size than they were wearing in high street bras .
Also , you can measure yourself 'properly ' at home.

Yay love it when I see people recommending boob or bust! Its an eye opener for sure but worth it. Although I do have an addiction to bravissimo now 😂

Reactions: 4
If you have a narrow back then your cup size will seem large. I'm currently a 32E but if I go to 34 then I go down a cup size. Also if you've been wearing the wrong sized bra then a properly fitting bra will feel a bit uncomfortable at 1st.

I don’t wear bras day to day, I’m only a A/B so I usually just wear bralet things or crop tops. For fancy lingerie I love boux avenue, bluebella, asos, the odd thing in primark. Also M&S is pretty good, back when I wore proper bras I got all mine from there.

I don’t wear bras day to day, I’m only a A/B so I usually just wear bralet things or crop tops. For fancy lingerie I love boux avenue, bluebella, asos, the odd thing in primark. Also M&S is pretty good, back when I wore proper bras I got all mine from there.
Same and the more weight I lose the more my boobs shrink. My mum and sister are jealous of me because I can get away with being bra free (they are both very large chested and both want a reduction). With me there's nothing particularly to hold so I can wear practically anything and be comfortable... I love bras from George and Matalan.

But my mum and sis have a hard time finding comfortable bras.

• Heart
I buy Triumph bras (fuller figure / cup) online from David Jones.

They're expensive, but long-lasting.

I wear mine once, then wash (in a lingerie bag), and they usually last - and retain their shape - for a few years. (I tend to go for non-lacy ones as I find the lace itchy).

La Perla is my lingerie of choice. Occasionally Rigby and Peller too. Sports Bras are mostly Lululemon, Under Armour or Sweaty Betty 👙

Where do you get yours from?

I normally change mine about every six months but the last two lots that I have had from M & S, the quality has been very poor, just put two more in the bin.

Primark, I don't think the cups sizes are great and I'm only a B
I’m a B cup (on a norrmal day). M&S bras have never fitted me. In my younger days Primark bras were ok but 2 kids and mid 40’s later, not so much. I now spend most of my life in sports bras. For slightly nicer underwear Pour Moi fits me ok but a couple of my more well endowed friends hate it. My current best fitting ‘day wear’ bra is a pack of 3 T-shirt bras from Debenhams that I bought and forgot about 2 or 3 years ago. I found them mid lockdown and I’ve been trying to find more of the same.

Edit: I’m sorry that was really unhelpful.

I'm a grannie in my style but it's always been M&S total support for me. My sisters just wear sports bras mainly.

Thanks all.

Bravissimo start at a D cup but thanks.

T shirt bras are always good.

Will have a look at Boux Avenue, think I have had some from there before