Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
Has anyone a good online measure yourself guide? I did one a while ago which said I was a 30e. I’ve been waring a 32c for years so I’m not sure that it was right. I know I need to go in to get measured properly but I’m lazy 🤷‍♀️
Older methods of measuring round your chest and adding 5 is no longer accurate. Whatever you measure is your back size. The cup size is the same, add a cup per inch.

SO if you measure 28 around your chest and 32 around your boobs you should wear a 28D

We are lead to believe that the bigger the cup size the bigger the boobs, but it's all relative to back size.

how-to-find-your-right-bra-size.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 10

Kim Mild

VIP Member
There's a website called boob or Bust and they use four different measurements to calculate your size . Some of their advice is game changing .High street stores often have very limited size range.

I like fantasie bras too. I likes Molke during pregnancy and breastfeeding.

Reactions: 7

Bettyboo2475

Chatty Member
Has anyone stopped wearing one. Since the first lockdown when I lived in my pjs I haven’t got back to putting one on. I have a big bust but feel so much better without one on.

Reactions: 6

Cloe

Where do you get yours from?

I normally change mine about every six months but the last two lots that I have had from M & S, the quality has been very poor, just put two more in the bin.

Primark, I don't think the cups sizes are great and I'm only a B
Was a trained bra fitter in my previous job. 90% of women (or at least out of the 100s I saw in that job) have too big a band size and too small a cup size- for example I was wearing a 34E and I was actually a 30FF. I think there’s a stigma around bra cup sizes and a lot of women I fit refused to believe they were anything above a D because for their whole life they were told they were to just go up a band size if it didn’t fit.
Also don’t buy from m and s I didn’t work there but a couple of my old colleagues did and they said it was regular practice to just fit women in the sizes they had in stock to hand! Whereas if we didn’t have your size in stock we’d say sorry and direct you to another store or online.

• Wow
Reactions: 6

fastfairynnn

I love Boux Avenue but damn their website is a mess. All those influenzers and love islanders :oops: Just show me the damn bra on a white background so I know what the fuck I'm actually buying. You can tell Boux hate the trend for unpadded. All the desciptions on those are so passive aggressive :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I want to thank whoever posted those two bra measuring websites - I lost a lot of weight during the lockdowns and was wearing a saggy old 34C, turns out I’m actually a 32F and now I can’t stop buying bras! Soooo nice to feel comfortable and not have a bra moving about all day, I can’t believe it!

Reactions: 5

L.S

I work In clothing retail.. ladies please can I say STOP PUTTING YOUR BRAS IN THE WASHING MACHINE!!! That's how they don't last, hand wash if you can. If you reaaaaally must put them in a pillow case or wash bag!

I know this thread isn't about that but hopefully might help haha!

Also my company offer "bra measuring" we're not even trained on it, we just measure under and over the bust to get the size!

Reactions: 4

keepyourpeace

VIP Member
Yay love it when I see people recommending boob or bust! Its an eye opener for sure but worth it. Although I do have an addiction to bravissimo now 😂

I have bought mine from M&S for years. Always worn a 36DD/E.
Actually had a go with the boob or bust website a couple of weeks ago and it came out with 34G.

How do they measure you a bravissimo? Hope they don’t judge me for only fake tanning my neck and chest and not my boobs 😂🙈

• Haha

fastfairynnn

Has anyone stopped wearing one. Since the first lockdown when I lived in my pjs I haven’t got back to putting one on. I have a big bust but feel so much better without one on.
I've stopped wearing underwired ones. The wire was constantly going in to part of my left tit!! I swear my breasts have filled out a bit since I ditched them.

ouroboros

VIP Member
Have none of you measured yourself? I did and then boought two new bra's from Sainsbury's. Don't laugh, they're lovely and come in loads of colours and are £8. For everyday wear that's all I require. Anyway my measurements were spot on. I'm a 32E and M&S put me at a friggin 34G!

Kim Mild

VIP Member
Has anyone a good online measure yourself guide? I did one a while ago which said I was a 30e. I’ve been waring a 32c for years so I’m not sure that it was right. I know I need to go in to get measured properly but I’m lazy 🤷‍♀️
Try boob or Bust and use their online calculator . They have a Facebook group too. A lot of the posts are people saying they had a smaller band size and a larger cup size than they were wearing in high street bras .
Also , you can measure yourself 'properly ' at home.

Reactions: 3

Notworthy

VIP Member
Another Fantasie bra fan here, also Triumph fit me well. Game changer when I bought a bra from Sainsos for £8 and it fit aswell as fantasie. M&S not fit for purpose, utter waste of money and fuck knows where they get their sizing from. Got measured properly and was a 32E/30F marks had me in 34C

• Wow

Welshgal

VIP Member
I work In clothing retail.. ladies please can I say STOP PUTTING YOUR BRAS IN THE WASHING MACHINE!!! That's how they don't last, hand wash if you can. If you reaaaaally must put them in a pillow case or wash bag!
I learned this in October when the girl I bought my new bras from nearly screamed at me when I told her what I have been doing with the old ones. Think she was having a rough day 😅

• Haha

avisina78

I don’t wear bras day to day, I’m only a A/B so I usually just wear bralet things or crop tops. For fancy lingerie I love boux avenue, bluebella, asos, the odd thing in primark. Also M&S is pretty good, back when I wore proper bras I got all mine from there.
Same and the more weight I lose the more my boobs shrink. My mum and sister are jealous of me because I can get away with being bra free (they are both very large chested and both want a reduction). With me there's nothing particularly to hold so I can wear practically anything and be comfortable... I love bras from George and Matalan.

But my mum and sis have a hard time finding comfortable bras.

• Heart

Notworthy

VIP Member
Nothing that isn't eye-wateringly expensive, unfortunately.
The boutiques often gave a sale rail, you'll get measured properly and youl l know which brands fit your shape
I shop in charity shops for a lot of my clothing but I will not compromise on my bras. A well fitting bra will do wonders for your posture and make your clothes look a lot better. Take a dress with you to see the differenc

1001 others

VIP Member
I buy Triumph bras (fuller figure / cup) online from David Jones.

They're expensive, but long-lasting.

I wear mine once, then wash (in a lingerie bag), and they usually last - and retain their shape - for a few years. (I tend to go for non-lacy ones as I find the lace itchy).

Reactions: 2

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
I've stopped wearing underwired ones. The wire was constantly going in to part of my left tit!! I swear my breasts have filled out a bit since I ditched them.
My boobs are pretty small, but I also think mine are bigger since I stopped wearing underwired bras during lockdown.

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
Just to add to the mix, trying to buy an unwired bra, is a bit of a nightmare
All I could find were unwired bras lately! Try the supermarkets, I've had some decent ones from Sainsbos before, although they seem to have shut all the fitting rooms.