Bras

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have none of you measured yourself? I did and then boought two new bra's from Sainsbury's. Don't laugh, they're lovely and come in loads of colours and are £8. For everyday wear that's all I require. Anyway my measurements were spot on. I'm a 32E and M&S put me at a friggin 34G!

Reactions: 4
Have none of you measured yourself? I did and then boought two new bra's from Sainsbury's. Don't laugh, they're lovely and come in loads of colours and are £8. For everyday wear that's all I require. Anyway my measurements were spot on. I'm a 32E and M&S put me at a friggin 34G!
I bought an £8 bra from Sainsos a few weeks ago. Also a 32E and very happy with it, think I recommend it on here.

Reactions: 1
I bought an £8 bra from Sainsos a few weeks ago. Also a 32E and very happy with it, think I recommend it on here.
My only wish is they did matching knickers, but yep 100 💯 recommend. Big chests are so hard to cater for without spending a fortune.

I love Boux Avenue but damn their website is a mess. All those influenzers and love islanders :oops: Just show me the damn bra on a white background so I know what the duck I'm actually buying. You can tell Boux hate the trend for unpadded. All the desciptions on those are so passive aggressive :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I recently bought two bras from M&S in same size. One too big, other too small! 😥

Bras are such a pain honestly

I tried on some bras in Next last week- measured myself as either 30E or 32D with different calculators. Tried on loads of different sizes, a lightly padded t-shirt bra in a 32C fit great, but a heavily padded 32C bra didn't. 🤦‍♀️ I've ordered a fancy Bluebella one online in a 32C and I'll head into town to try more t-shirt bras on at the weekend.

Used the boob or bust measuring tool and I’m 44JJ. Oh my god. Not going to find that size in Marks am I. Actually I can’t find anywhere that stocks that size.

Used the boob or bust measuring tool and I’m 44JJ. Oh my god. Not going to find that size in Marks am I. Actually I can’t find anywhere that stocks that size.
I agree, you probably won't find that size in Marks. Rigby & Peller is likely to stock that size though it will be expensive. As another poster said, it's worth looking at Ebay for unusual sizes. I have bought a couple recently, having realised I'm in the wrong size (from advice here) and they have been really good value and quality. I've bought Panache and Fantasy for around £15 new.

Reactions: 2
wunderbra!!!!!
Thank you so much for the recommendation, never had a wunderbra before, so ordered a few sizes… oh my. What a game changer. I have a strapless bra that stays in place!!

my new issue is matching pants because I really dislike the Wonderbra pants (I’m a thong girl), and obviously I went for a patterned bra but it’s so pretty and comfy.. and fits!

• Heart
Thank you so much for the recommendation, never had a wunderbra before, so ordered a few sizes… oh my. What a game changer. I have a strapless bra that stays in place!!

my new issue is matching pants because I really dislike the Wonderbra pants (I’m a thong girl), and obviously I went for a patterned bra but it’s so pretty and comfy.. and fits!
Ahhhhhh I’m so pleased you like it, it really is a game changer isn’t it! 😍 the underneath “wire” literally feels like hands holding them in place, like a hug 😂

I love Boux Avenue but damn their website is a mess. All those influenzers and love islanders :oops: Just show me the damn bra on a white background so I know what the duck I'm actually buying. You can tell Boux hate the trend for unpadded. All the desciptions on those are so passive aggressive :ROFLMAO:
I hate the fact that everything in Boux has about a 4 inch wedge of padding at the base of the cup.

Just to add to the mix, trying to buy an unwired bra, is a bit of a nightmare
All I could find were unwired bras lately! Try the supermarkets, I've had some decent ones from Sainsbos before, although they seem to have shut all the fitting rooms.

I want to thank whoever posted those two bra measuring websites - I lost a lot of weight during the lockdowns and was wearing a saggy old 34C, turns out I’m actually a 32F and now I can’t stop buying bras! Soooo nice to feel comfortable and not have a bra moving about all day, I can’t believe it!

Reactions: 5
Does anyone have pectus excavatum and able to recommend a bra?
My chest wall goes in, never knew it had a name. Fantasie and Triumph are my go tos but I also got a bra from sainsburys that's as good as the above and 8 quid.

Can’t recommend Bravissimo enough. I went a couple weeks back and the ladies in there were so helpful. They just looked at me and said you’re this size. Finally have proper fitted bras. I’m nursing and they had a good selection in the nursing range too. I’ll definitely go back when I’m no longer nursing to be remeasured.

I used the boob or bust measuring guide today, my suggested size was 40J!! 😳 I wear a 40E at the moment 😂