Botox

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was 35 when I got my first botox, it was more a curiosity thing as the lady that does my lips was doing a special offer on botox when you get lip fillers, I thought why not try it as I was getting a top up on my lips. The difference is crazy when she showed me the before and after of me wrinkling my forehead 😂 I think it's mosrly worn off now but I'd definitely get it again!

Reactions: 2
Yep. I love it. Was 32 when first started getting it. Just wakes you up a bit. If you hate it, it wears off in a few months and you’ll not have to get it done again.

How must does a good person usually cost roughly?? I know it’s gonna differ massively round the country just an average?

Top tips;
Don’t buy a “cheap deal” off groupon or such like
Shop about
Talk to people you know
Look at people’s insta pages
Don’t take ibuprofen or aspirin leading up to it. It’ll make you bruise
Same goes for vitamins etc.
take arnica

Reactions: 6
Top tips;
Don’t buy a “cheap deal” off groupon or such like
Shop about
Talk to people you know
Look at people’s insta pages
Don’t take ibuprofen or aspirin leading up to it. It’ll make you bruise
Same goes for vitamins etc.
take arnica
Good tips, thank you x

Reactions: 1
Thanks for starting this thread, I’ve been thinking about Botox for some time and am now researching clinics in my area. The cost for 3 areas in my local area (South East) is £275-£300.

Another tip for if you are getting lip fillers, take lysine.
Holland & Barrett's have it in pill & cream(it's like Vaseline consistency).
It will help ward off coldsores, just incase you are prone to them.

Has anyone had it for a frown line? I have such a deep dent there but it’s not really a wrinkle, if that makes sense. It’s more like a valley. I think I need filler but my dermatologist who I mentioned it to said he’d never put filler there as it’s so close to the ocular nerve. I don’t know if Botox will do anything for it though.

ETA should have checked entire thread first, just read some others with similar descriptions. If anyone has any experience to share I am all ears ☺

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Has anyone had it for a frown line? I have such a deep dent there but it’s not really a wrinkle, if that makes sense. It’s more like a valley. I think I need filler but my dermatologist who I mentioned it to said he’d never put filler there as it’s so close to the ocular nerve. I don’t know if Botox will do anything for it though.

ETA should have checked entire thread first, just read some others with similar descriptions. If anyone has any experience to share I am all ears ☺
I’m not an expert by any means as I’ve only had Botox once! From what I know it relaxes your muscles completely, so if you relax your face and look in the mirror that’s what it will look like and it won’t move... so if your wrinkle is still there it might not completely get rid of it, but it will stop it getting worse and it won’t be more visible when you make expressions (because you won’t be able to 😆)

Yes Botox is used for 11's. I have a little dent on my right one. My mum has very deep frown lines and I fear I may get the same. I am going to have some preventative Botox done there and my forehead this year.

Reactions: 3
I have botox regularly and filler. I love botox, it completely changes your face and makes you looks less tired.

When I first got some in my forehead it felt like I had a block of wood in my head for a few days, it was such a weird sensation 🥴

I have botox regularly and filler. I love botox, it completely changes your face and makes you looks less tired.

When I first got some in my forehead it felt like I had a block of wood in my head for a few days, it was such a weird sensation 🥴
Did it stop feeling like that after, I really want to get botox but worried about it annoying me too much 😂

Reactions: 1
Did it stop feeling like that after, I really want to get botox but worried about it annoying me too much 😂
The first few times I had it, I got the wooden head sensation, but it doesn't last long, now after 5 years of regular top ups I don't even notice, apart from a slight initial tightness in my forehead.

I have it injected at the sides of my eyes, the results are incredible.

I also had the fox eyes thread lift, complete waste of money would 100% not recommend.

Have you had it? Do you get it regularly? Any regrets?
Considering having botox on the fine lines on my forehead. Possibly a very small enhancement to my lips as well. More worried about the lip as I really don't want to end up with a mouth like Daffy Duck. All advice welcome!
Do you mean filler for the lips, not Botox? . If the lines above the lip are fine , a small amount of filler can make a difference, but if they’re very noticeable, filler would make the area thick and heavy, and you might end up like Felicity Kendal! Usually filler is put in the lips themselves and that makes the lines aboveless noticeable, but there is always some swelling at first and that would put me off. With filler, it can have a very good result, but less is more! Certainly helps improve marionette lines. Re Botox, another poster said about it lasting for a year- i thought it lasted much less than than that, about 3-4 months, and it’s expensive.

I love botox. I've had 2 areas on my forehead done but next time I'm only going for one. I don't like how it makes my brow/eye area look when I get two.
I cannot stress enough how fresh it makes your skin look & how beautiful makeup sits on top.

Lips, love it too. As I get older I feel I want less. I haven't needed them done in years. Next time I only want 0.5ml but my favourite filler doesn't come in this & it's expensive.

Not everyone doesn't know when to stop with these kinds of procedures & they're great for an enhancement.

Reactions: 5