Botox

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I absolutely love Botox! I’m pregnant and I can’t have it and the feeling of the forehead unfreezing and the lines coming back is horrible! Can’t wait to go back. Don’t worry about lip filler you would need a lot to end up looking like a duck! Even 1ml would be natural

• Heart
Reactions: 6
had it done once a couple of months ago and cannot wait till it's time to go again. Ultimate glow up. I had a couple of appointments booked with different doctors/dentist in London, but with all of the restrictions I ended up cancelling. Then I thought, if I am going into London (30mins away on the train to waterloo) maybe I will just find a dentist near me. And I did. and it is perfect. I don't have to travel, dentists are well trained (but not all of them do it) and she put me at ease and did very little and then I went back for a check up and a slight top up. No one noticed I had it done. But I did as my 11 lines (between the eyebrows) really were annoying me.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I love Botox! Just always make sure you go to someone who knows the structure of the face- I go to a dentist and Iv always been 100% satisfied! I just have it done on my forehead and now I’m pregnant I’m really missing it and can see a difference.
Some people go overboard and I hate that unnatural look. Iv also made the mistake of having fillers before- in my tear toughs, cheeks, chin and lips but I regret it now. I’d never have fillers again. But I will 100% carry on with Botox!!!

Whatever you chose just go to someone who knows their stuff! And don’t ever go for the cheapest! But personally I love it xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thanks so much for all your fab advice guys, I think I'm convinced. My botox fund starts now 😂 still a bit unsure about the lips but I think I'm definitely going to go for the forehead. My husband thinks I'm mad and tells me I don't need it but I think it would give me a little boost.

Also random question but I know 2 ladies who have botox in their forehead and the skin in that area looks perfect, no pimples or spots ever, is this just something that happens with botox?

• Heart
I love botox, it really makes you feel better - your skin is smoother, make up goes on better and you just look fresher. It doesn't seem to last that long on me, 3 months max but its still worth it and as time goes on will last longer.

Only thing is it does make me notice more where other parts of my face now droop (mouth for example) but thats age I guess :cautious:

Thank you Columbo for starting this thread. I'm considering it too, more in terms of preventative botox. I'd be curious to find out from those who get botox, at what age did you first get it?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Another point to mention is that if you go to someone who isn’t medically trained (e.g a beauty therapist) then they should have a nurse practitioner to prescribe the Botox.

I also had Botox in my underarms for hyperhidrosis a few years ago and I had two separate appointments - one with a doctor first who asked me lots of questions and looked at my medical history, before prescribing it for the therapist to carry out.

I follow a lot of salon pages on insta and I saw someone ask the question about “would I need to see a prescriber first” to someone who has just trained in Botox. Her reply was “no we’ll sort that out our end before your appointment”. That sort of thing would put me off.
Is the underarm Botox worth it? I've been using Driclor for like 8 years which has helped some but it can be a bit hit and miss. I read that sometimes people are able to get Botox for hyperhidrosis on the NHS although I'm not sure if it's widely available. I'll probably get Miradry at some point (laser treatment that's essentially a permanent cure for underarm hyperhidrosis) although it costs like £1500 - but you only really need 1 or 2 treatment and that's you done forever.

Thank you Columbo for starting this thread. I'm considering it too, more in terms of preventative botox. I'd be curious to find out from those who get botox, at what age did you first get it?
21. I didn’t like having moment in my face

• Wow
I was 31, but I’d had the lines a long time - since my early 20s, they weren’t really age related I just raise my eyebrows all the time when I speak so they kept getting worse!

Is the underarm Botox worth it? I've been using Driclor for like 8 years which has helped some but it can be a bit hit and miss. I read that sometimes people are able to get Botox for hyperhidrosis on the NHS although I'm not sure if it's widely available. I'll probably get Miradry at some point (laser treatment that's essentially a permanent cure for underarm hyperhidrosis) although it costs like £1500 - but you only really need 1 or 2 treatment and that's you done forever.
It didn’t make much difference for me personally, not long term anyway. I had one lot and was told I’d need a top up after about 2 weeks, but the lady went on holiday so I didn’t have it until 3 weeks. I don’t know how much difference that made to anything, she said it wouldn’t have mattered too much and that it would still work. I noticed a bit of a difference for about 3 months, it didn’t stop me sweating completely but it was a little bit less. But that was all, since then it’s been as bad as it was before.

I didn’t get it on the NHS either, I paid for it. It cost me £390 which is why I haven’t tried it again since, it’s too much money for me to justify when it didn’t work!

I’ve never heard or Miradry though, I didn’t know something like that existed! £1500 is a lot but if it stops it permanently it sounds like it would be worth it.

• Heart
21. I didn’t like having moment in my face
Interesting!!

I was 31, but I’d had the lines a long time - since my early 20s, they weren’t really age related I just raise my eyebrows all the time when I speak so they kept getting worse!
Ah OK, I'm 30 so I guess it's not too early! I said preventative botox but I do have lines in my forehead too from movement, but they're not bad or anything, and I've also had them for ages but there is one line now that starts to be more visible. Tbh I'll probably go for it soon. Just need to find a good place and save a bit of cash

It didn’t make much difference for me personally, not long term anyway. I had one lot and was told I’d need a top up after about 2 weeks, but the lady went on holiday so I didn’t have it until 3 weeks. I don’t know how much difference that made to anything, she said it wouldn’t have mattered too much and that it would still work. I noticed a bit of a difference for about 3 months, it didn’t stop me sweating completely but it was a little bit less. But that was all, since then it’s been as bad as it was before.

I didn’t get it on the NHS either, I paid for it. It cost me £390 which is why I haven’t tried it again since, it’s too much money for me to justify when it didn’t work!

I’ve never heard or Miradry though, I didn’t know something like that existed! £1500 is a lot but if it stops it permanently it sounds like it would be worth it.
Yeah, Miradry sounds incredible and everyone I have read about who gets it loves it and says it's life-changing. They use a laser to permanently destroy the sweat and odour glands in your armpits - some people end up needing 2 treatments but they say the first treatments leads to like an 80% reduction anyway. Most places that offer it tend to be in London for now. Also currently an unemployed graduate so not really in a position to afford it rn but would defo get it once I am working. There are also many posts on the r/hyeprhidrosis subreddit where people have had successful results with it.

I’m starting to consider it for forehead lines... is it one of those things where you HAVE to keep having it once you start?

Reactions: 3
Yeah, Miradry sounds incredible and everyone I have read about who gets it loves it and says it's life-changing. They use a laser to permanently destroy the sweat and odour glands in your armpits - some people end up needing 2 treatments but they say the first treatments leads to like an 80% reduction anyway. Most places that offer it tend to be in London for now. Also currently an unemployed graduate so not really in a position to afford it rn but would defo get it once I am working. There are also many posts on the r/hyeprhidrosis subreddit where people have had successful results with it.

I just had a look at the website, it looks amazing! I’m pregnant so probably couldn’t have it at the moment (and don’t have that money spare either 😂) but like you, that’s definitely something I’ll consider in the future.

Hyperhidrosis is such an inconvenient thing to have, to get rid of it permanently would be amazing.

• Heart
I have a forehead wrinkle between my eyebrows which does bother me and I have been tempted to get Botox for so long but I keep talking myself out of it 😂 I’m only 28 but I think it’s down to me squinting when I was younger and didn’t want to wear my specs! The wrinkle is only obvious when I have make up on, just now when I’m wfh with no make up on it’s not so much of a big deal but it’s still there. I’ve tried serums and creams but nothing gets rid of it! I think when life goes back to normal and I’ll just book in and get it done.

My face is really asymmetrical and one of my cheeks is bigger than the other if that makes sense. My left cheek bone and jaw line is much more defined than my right. So I’d like someone to look at that too - I guess filler? Wouldn’t mind a little filler in my top lip too.

Reactions: 5
I started getting Botox when I was 28 which was 4 years ago and I’ve got it every 6 months since. It’s amazing I couldn’t do without it now. I only get 2 areas done but I go to a great guy who actually refused to do a 3rd area because I didn’t need it and he said it would just be a waste of money. Never had my lips done the thought of a needle going in there freaks me out and I’ve seen some of the bruising my friends have been left with after getting it it looks so painful!

I have been getting my lips done for the past 4 years - I get them done just once a year with 1ml at a cost of £200-250. It's been so worth it tbh. My lips had always been the one feature I disliked about myself as they were thin and honestly I've never looked back.

I think it's important to have realistic expectations, however. Don't go in thinking that you want to be transformed into a completely different person, it's just an improved version of you. 1ml is generally quite a conservative amount- you're not going to get the overdone Kylie Jenner look from that amount of filler. That being said, it's surprising how even a small amount can actually make such a big improvement. Nobody in my family and very few of my friends know I have them done.

Also make sure you research thoroughly before you book an appointment- I can't overstate this enough. I've found that there are some clinics that very much cater to the "overdone" look which didn't appeal to me but there are many that offer more subtle and natural results.

Lastly, if you really hate your fillers then they can be easily dissolved with hyaluronidase. Also, the filler will be gradually broken down over time - it won't "stretch out" your lips or make them saggy lol. I get Juvederm Volift which lasts for up to 18 months. However, if you've been getting them done for years then it tends to prolong the longevity of them e.g. I haven't had mine done since May 2019 due to Covid but still have some filler left!

I got botox and lip filler done for the 1st time in November last year. I'm 30.
I don't have wrinkles on my forehead but I do have those 11s line when I frown and I hate it! So I got the botox there. I can still frown but it is a lot less. I would love to just not be able to move my face at all though so I am thinking end of this year I'll get 3 spots of botox done, on the 11s, upper forehead and also the sides of my eyes.
I got 1ml of lip filler (don't remember the name). My lips were just a bit thin and I wanted them plumper and I also hoped it would balance out my nose. My nose isn't terrible but is slightly big compared to my lips. The lip filler totally balanced out my whole face and I am so so happy! I'm very tempted to go for 2 ml next time as I think it will look great.
The first time for me was really to test the waters and I super happy with the results!
I did research on places around me and the place I decided on had great reviews, a doctor did the injections (she was super nice too, very reassuring), and prices were inline with industry standards.
I've always told myself that I would get injections when I got older and I'm really glad I did. I feel this is going to be a yearly treat to myself.

• Heart
I would love to get Botox, it’s something I have thought about more and more tbh. Kids and this past year have aged me....😂😂

I would also love to get lip filler too. My lips are so thin and I would like just a bit of a confidence boost

I’m starting to consider it for forehead lines... is it one of those things where you HAVE to keep having it once you start?
Yes, in that it will wear off...though it should last longer the more you've had it....plus you want that 'look' so in that sense you do miss it when its worn off!

Has anyone had tear trough filler? Looks amazing...I always look permanently knackered no matter how much sleep I have.

41 (Im 44 now) but tbh it wasn't as readily available where I live until the last few years.