Botox

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not an expert by any means as I’ve only had Botox once! From what I know it relaxes your muscles completely, so if you relax your face and look in the mirror that’s what it will look like and it won’t move... so if your wrinkle is still there it might not completely get rid of it, but it will stop it getting worse and it won’t be more visible when you make expressions (because you won’t be able to 😆)
This was really helpful, thank you! I can still see it - but as you say, the less frowning the better. Also need to learn to sleep on my back to prevent even more wrinkles!

Not everyone doesn't know when to stop with these kinds of procedures & they're great for an enhancement.
This is reassuring as one of the reasons I haven’t done it yet is I don’t trust myself not to become *that* person!

What about the side effects I’ve heard about like “ bunny nose”or unwelcome lines forming in another area? does this actually happen, plus isn’t it strange not being able to move parts of your face? I’ve seen celebs who seem to have problems speaking because the area above their mouth is frozen!
I think a little filler makes a big improvement, but I’ve no desire for Botox, that may change as wrinkles progress!

Reactions: 1
What about the side effects I’ve heard about like “ bunny nose”or unwelcome lines forming in another area? does this actually happen, plus isn’t it strange not being able to move parts of your face? I’ve seen celebs who seem to have problems speaking because the area above their mouth is frozen!
I think a little filler makes a big improvement, but I’ve no desire for Botox, that may change as wrinkles progress!
I’ve not heard of bunny nose but I did find I’d squint my eyes more when I was smiling to counteract not being able to raise my eyebrows - also I’d do this instead of frowning or straining my eyes to see something (if that makes sense!). Because I only had the botox once I didn’t notice it gave me more wrinkles around my eyes but obviously if I carried on getting it I may have noticed this a bit more. I personally loved the feeling of not being able to move my face, I used to try so hard not to raise my eyebrows when I spoke and being unable to do it was actually a relief! I miss my smooth forehead but at the moment getting it done again wouldn’t work as I’m wearing a mask 80% of the time and I need to make some form of expression!

I know a lot of good advice has already been given, so I’ll just say that I absolutely love Botox, haven’t been able to get it for nearly three years now due to pregnancy, breastfeeding for 2 years and now I’m pregnant again, pregnant and breastfeeding, a double whammy of ‘no Botox for you’! And not being able to get it is bloody killing me, I love it so much I was seriously considering weaning my baby off the breast and not ever having any more kids, just so I could resume getting Botox, lol

Reactions: 3
I know a lot of good advice has already been given, so I’ll just say that I absolutely love Botox, haven’t been able to get it for nearly three years now due to pregnancy, breastfeeding for 2 years and now I’m pregnant again, pregnant and breastfeeding, a double whammy of ‘no Botox for you’! And not being able to get it is bloody killing me, I love it so much I was seriously considering weaning my baby off the breast and not ever having any more kids, just so I could resume getting Botox, lol
You seem very young to have Botox - surely

I love Botox, not gonna lie. I’ve had forehead lines as long as I can remember and having a massive forehead I was always unhappy with them. Best thing I’ve done.

I’d love lip fillers but I just can’t accept having a needle in my lips it makes me go all funny. So annoying because i’d love it.

Honestly, go for it

• Heart
Reactions: 4
No Thérapie also do Botox and fillers in their clinics. Just wanted to know if anyone’s had any experience with them.
Therapie in Ireland? If so, yes that's where I went. I went to South William Street & Dr Sarah was totally brilliant! I got botox & lip filler. I will def go back for next time.

I know girls as young as 17/18 who have had botox, very alarming and irresponsible of the practitioners who have administered it.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Botox is tested on animals. Just putting it out there.

Sorry I can't help but I've been wondering this too, (apart from the lips as nature was kind enough to bless me in that department at least), but I'm definitely interested in having my forehead and smile lines doing. Also, the skin under my eyes is quite thin and crepey, I hate it. Can anyone say if this something botox can help with too?
A Plexr laser would work better for your eye wrinkles

Reactions: 1
I started having Botox at 21... it wasn’t about looking old, it was about not liking the movement in my face for me
A lot of people are starting preventative now. I am going to be 29 this year and will be booking myself in. I am only just seeing the slight indent of an 11. Getting it done now, means less product will be needed so less expensive 😁. In my mind, I would rather start early than wait til I have very deep lines that will take a number of treatments to go away.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've been grinding my teeth as a symptom of ptsd for the past 6 moths and after my nxt dental treatment I'm going to have botox in my jaw muscles. Apparently it can help relax them and stop teeth grinding, but apparently is one of those things that only works for some people. I'll post again in this thread once I've had it done if anyones interested or has had the same problem.
About 12 years ago I had botox in my feet (hate wearing socks so wanted to stop them sweating) it was great for that, and I could wear killer heels with no pain. My friend had it in her armpits at same time to stop sweating and it worked

Reactions: 5
I've been grinding my teeth as a symptom of ptsd for the past 6 moths and after my nxt dental treatment I'm going to have botox in my jaw muscles. Apparently it can help relax them and stop teeth grinding, but apparently is one of those things that only works for some people. I'll post again in this thread once I've had it done if anyones interested or has had the same problem.
About 12 years ago I had botox in my feet (hate wearing socks so wanted to stop them sweating) it was great for that, and I could wear killer heels with no pain. My friend had it in her armpits at same time to stop sweating and it worked
In the feet omg that freaks me out but I'm thinking if it would help with my constantly sore feet 😂 I would also like to get trap muscles botox lol my traps are always cramped up

I am booked in for my consultation in a few weeks. I did a lot of research of where to go to get it done and picked a plastic surgery office that has very high reviews and a properly trained injector.
I am quite excited. I don't have any deep lines but have a little indent in one of my 11s and a little line in the middle of my forehead. I want to get Botox in them now before they get deeper and would require more units / be more expensive. On my mum's side of the family, 11s are quite deep so I want to get ahead of them. I also feel like I frown in my sleep (LOL).
Anyway. I want to get enough done to be preventative but still want to be able to have expressions - just less deep lines when I frown or raise my eyebrows. I don't want to be completely frozen. I think it looks strange when someone has so much botox that when they are crying their face doesn't move, like Kim Kardashian, haha.

Attachments

• Haha
I have Botox every six months from a plastic surgeon, I had the nurse once and she was just as good but I have also seen a few local ‘hooligans’ advertising locally and I wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole.

I get my forehead done, my ‘11’s are really prominent otherwise.

I have Botox every six months from a plastic surgeon, I had the nurse once and she was just as good but I have also seen a few local ‘hooligans’ advertising locally and I wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole.

I get my forehead done, my ‘11’s are really prominent otherwise.
Yes... There are so many people "qualified" now to do Botox who aren't properly trained on facial structure. People go to them though as they are "cheap." I would never cheap out when it comes to my face

Yes... There are so many people "qualified" now to do Botox who aren't properly trained on facial structure. People go to them though as they are "cheap." I would never cheap out when it comes to my face
Especially when you see the practioner’s face 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Especially when you see the practioner’s face 😐
Loool. That is another thing to check out! I looked at all their IG accounts to see what the outcome for people was 😂. If all the clients looked frozen that was a big no...obv some people want that look but not everyone does.