Botox

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm intrigued why he doesn't know?
I didn't tell my husband when I first got it just because I was curious if he would notice anything's different or if he would find me strange looking. I figured if he never notices it then there's no chance anyone else will as he spends the most time with me. :D

He never noticed, however one morning when we woke up and were still in bed he did comment that I look really cute and "youthful" (in our language it sounded cute not creepy hahaha). So I guess it was working. 😂

Now I just tell anyone I talk to about skin / skincare.

Reactions: 3
I didn't tell my husband when I first got it just because I was curious if he would notice anything's different or if he would find me strange looking. I figured if he never notices it then there's no chance anyone else will as he spends the most time with me. :D

He never noticed, however one morning when we woke up and were still in bed he did comment that I look really cute and "youthful" (in our language it sounded cute not creepy hahaha). So I guess it was working. 😂

Now I just tell anyone I talk to about skin / skincare.
My partner was quite against anything like that but even he admitted he wouldn't have noticed the Botox if he didn't know!

You're definitely the opposite of me, I was like "LOOK AT MY NEW FACE" to all my friends 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
There are different types of botox so one could react quicker than another or give slightly different results.

My OH isn't a fan either but fails to see the correlation between how I look and me having work done! He often says "I think you look really good, why do you have stuff done" - because if I didn't, I wouldn't look like this sweetheart! 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
There are different types of botox so one could react quicker than another or give slightly different results.

My OH isn't a fan either but fails to see the correlation between how I look and me having work done! He often says "I think you look really good, why do you have stuff done" - because if I didn't, I wouldn't look like this sweetheart! 😂
The other product is Dysport. Some people prefer it, it is often cheaper. Dysport doesn't work as well on stronger wrinkles and also doesn't last as long. Dysport actually isn't Botox, as they are two seperate brands. They do similar things though. So if you want a strong look, clarify that the injector is using Botox, not Dysport.

Reactions: 2
The other product is Dysport. Some people prefer it, it is often cheaper. Dysport doesn't work as well on stronger wrinkles and also doesn't last as long. Dysport actually isn't Botox, as they are two seperate brands. They do similar things though. So if you want a strong look, clarify that the injector is using Botox, not Dysport.
Yes sorry should have said - I meant there are different brands of botox. A lady I went to years ago (who with hindsight really wasn’t very good) used only one type which gave a very stark mask-like appearance. It was only when I changed practitioners that my new one explained that they vary.

Reactions: 1
Why should he?
Well personally I tell my husband stuff 😂😂 Like I'll just say, right I'm going for my Botox, see you in a bit 🤷‍♀️
I just don't really get why you wouldn't.

Same as 'i'm just going for my eye test '

Yes sorry should have said - I meant there are different brands of botox. A lady I went to years ago (who with hindsight really wasn’t very good) used only one type which gave a very stark mask-like appearance. It was only when I changed practitioners that my new one explained that they vary.
Azzalure works better on me than botox. There are other brands too like boccouture. They seem to work on different people - it’s not always a crap injector.

Azzalure works better on me than botox. There are other brands too like boccouture. They seem to work on different people - it’s not always a crap injector.
Yes completely - just turns out this lady was a bit tit as well, messed my friends face up with badly administered filler. Stopped going after that and my new lady got much better results.

Devil’s advocate, if your partner/other close family members don’t notice it, doesn’t it make you question why you get it? I have friends who get loads of different treatments and I can never tell the difference or see an “improvement “. I got cheek filler last year twice and liked it at first but then no one mentioned it/after a week or two I couldn’t see much difference… just an interesting thought!

Devil’s advocate, if your partner/other close family members don’t notice it, doesn’t it make you question why you get it? I have friends who get loads of different treatments and I can never tell the difference or see an “improvement “. I got cheek filler last year twice and liked it at first but then no one mentioned it/after a week or two I couldn’t see much difference… just an interesting thought!
No, because especially with Botox there is definitely a difference but if you don't know you won't necessarily be able to put the fresher look down to Botox, which I think is ideal. I did get my lips done once, no one noticed apart from me and I didn't like it as the main difference I was seeing was a mustache shadow lol. So never got it done again

Reactions: 3
Well personally I tell my husband stuff 😂😂 Like I'll just say, right I'm going for my Botox, see you in a bit 🤷‍♀️
I just don't really get why you wouldn't.

Same as 'i'm just going for my eye test '
No one knows i get my lips done.
Except tattle...

Personally I wouldn’t want people to notice because I don’t want to look different, just the best version of myself.

Reactions: 8
I got Botox on Tuesday and legit can’t see any difference in my face at all yet 😂 got forehead, frown lines and crows eye but she said she’d do a small amount and then would do more on my follow up app in two weeks. Is this normal?! I know it’s 14 days to be fully effective but I thought I’d see some change by now?

I got Botox on Tuesday and legit can’t see any difference in my face at all yet 😂 got forehead, frown lines and crows eye but she said she’d do a small amount and then would do more on my follow up app in two weeks. Is this normal?! I know it’s 14 days to be fully effective but I thought I’d see some change by now?
Yeah there were times it took me a week to see any difference and the two weeks for full effect

I saw some effects instantly and then by a week or so completely felt it. I did need a top up on one side of my frown lines though. I got 30 units in my frown lines which I think would be a lot for most people but mine are very strong muscles 🙃

I saw some effects instantly and then by a week or so completely felt it. I did need a top up on one side of my frown lines though. I got 30 units in my frown lines which I think would be a lot for most people but mine are very strong muscles 🙃
I also have v strong muscles! Only on my face tho - typical!!

Nah you’ll start to notice someone after maybe 7 days. Don’t worry.

I’m going for my Botox tomorrow usually I notice a difference pretty much within a few hours of having it. I have two friends that do it sometimes they use the same product other times different I find either one works really well. As for telling my husband I just say ‘I’m going for my Botox/lips today’ he doesn’t get it but he knows it makes me feel better about myself so he’s chilled about it.

I couldn't find a thread on filler so just putting this here. I got chin filler yesterday in a very highly recommended and expensive clinic. They didn't numb me at all. I almost fainted and it's pretty sore today. Is this standard procedure?

First time over had filler but had Botox a few times.

• Wow