Botox

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I couldn't find a thread on filler so just putting this here. I got chin filler yesterday in a very highly recommended and expensive clinic. They didn't numb me at all. I almost fainted and it's pretty sore today. Is this standard procedure?

First time over had filler but had Botox a few times.
That does sound odd! I was definitely numbed in some form…

I couldn't find a thread on filler so just putting this here. I got chin filler yesterday in a very highly recommended and expensive clinic. They didn't numb me at all. I almost fainted and it's pretty sore today. Is this standard procedure?

I'm always given numbing cream with filler. That must have been sore!
I haven't been given numbing cream for Botox but always for filler.

Hope your feeling better today and are at least pleased with the results.

Some places do, some don’t. To be honest, the numbing cream only numbs the surface of the skin so it doesn’t do much, but many fillers have lidocaine in them so it all is quite manageable after the first injection. Sounds like they used a filler without it - did you ask what brand they used?

Some places do, some don’t. To be honest, the numbing cream only numbs the surface of the skin so it doesn’t do much, but many fillers have lidocaine in them so it all is quite manageable after the first injection. Sounds like they used a filler without it - did you ask what brand they used?
I think she said teoxane. I didn't get numbing cream and it didn't feel like the filler had a numbing agent in it. I was a bit shocked. She had wanted to do a little more but I couldn't cope with it.

Get Botox regularly every 4/5 months and I absolutely love it ! My one issue that used to make me self conscious was my crows feet and now they’re gone ! Dabbled in filler too … had in my cheeks and chin and do really like the look if you go to the right person

Reactions: 1
Had botox on my forehead and between eyebrows on Saturday. *patiently waiting for it to do something*

I had my first Botox 3 weeks ago on frown lines and forehead (fine lines) and tomorrow I have a check up appt. The frown lines are great, but I can still see the fine lines in certain lighting although they are improved. Is it likely she’ll put more in? Like does it just mean it wasn’t quite enough for my face? Or will I just have these fine lines still because I said I really wanted to make sure I didn’t have a frozen or fake look

I had my first Botox 3 weeks ago on frown lines and forehead (fine lines) and tomorrow I have a check up appt. The frown lines are great, but I can still see the fine lines in certain lighting although they are improved. Is it likely she’ll put more in? Like does it just mean it wasn’t quite enough for my face? Or will I just have these fine lines still because I said I really wanted to make sure I didn’t have a frozen or fake look
If you had static lines it’s unlikely to eradicate all of these as it relaxes the muscle rather than doing anything to the skin. I’d focus on making sure your skin is really hydrated

Has anyone tried micro needling treatments ? I’m considering it as supposedly goos for anti ageing, open pores and acne marks?

I have. Did sweet FA on my wrinkles but it did help with acne scarring.

Had botox on my forehead and between eyebrows on Saturday. *patiently waiting for it to do something*
Are you pleased with the results?

My last round was the beginning of November. Definitely need to make another appointment now. My forehead is like a sharpei dog when I raise my eyebrows.

Going for my second treatment today in my frown lines. My last treatment was in June or July and didn't fully wear off until December.
It has gone up in price from $10 / unit to $11 but the plastic surgeons office I go to is worth it. Plus she told me this treatment will still be $10 as she is allowed to give clients one last treatment at that price.

Are you pleased with the results?

My last round was the beginning of November. Definitely need to make another appointment now. My forehead is like a sharpei dog when I raise my eyebrows.
Really pleased with the forehead! I only have lines when I raise at the sides, looks kinda weird lol. Frown lines less so, it's not bad tho I'd just rather it didn't move lol. I have a top up tomos

Going for my second treatment today in my frown lines. My last treatment was in June or July and didn't fully wear off until December.
It has gone up in price from $10 / unit to $11 but the plastic surgeons office I go to is worth it. Plus she told me this treatment will still be $10 as she is allowed to give clients one last treatment at that price.
That’s an interesting way of charging for it - it’s usually per area or per vial (because it’s prescription only medicine, that vial can only by used on you). But I guess if you have very few units it’s pretty cost effective!

That’s an interesting way of charging for it - it’s usually per area or per vial (because it’s prescription only medicine, that vial can only by used on you). But I guess if you have very few units it’s pretty cost effective!
I guess countries must vary. Here in Canada and the USA it's the norm to be charged by the unit. Being charged by the area is less common.
---
I have a little bit of bruising from today. I didn't last time 🫠

I guess countries must vary. Here in Canada and the USA it's the norm to be charged by the unit. Being charged by the area is less common.
---
I have a little bit of bruising from today. I didn't last time 🫠
That’s interesting - I never knew that. I’m sure the bruising will disappear soon and you’ll be looking refreshed and wrinkle-free in no time :)

Anyone got any tips on how to make your botox last longer? I only had my last round on Jan 31st and it's already worn off quite significantly :( I love the results but I just can't afford doing it every 2 months (even if I could I wouldn't justify it tbh) and I hate being without it now!