Botox

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Alcohol will affect how quickly it wears off in some people but it’s mainly just down to your skin type. My friend and I get the same type of botox - hers is gone after 2 months, mine lasts nearly 4 🤷🏼‍♀️

Anyone got any tips on how to make your botox last longer? I only had my last round on Jan 31st and it's already worn off quite significantly :( I love the results but I just can't afford doing it every 2 months (even if I could I wouldn't justify it tbh) and I hate being without it now!
Wow that is fast... How many units? I know some places over dilute it. Maybe you could try Dysport? It lasts longer for Botox for some. My Botox lasted almost 6 months last time.

Really pleased with the forehead! I only have lines when I raise at the sides, looks kinda weird lol. Frown lines less so, it's not bad tho I'd just rather it didn't move lol. I have a top up tomos
I’d be interested to know how you get on with your top up, I still have lines at the sides of my forehead too when I raise my eyebrows. I had my top up a week ago and doesn’t seemed to have helped 😩

Anyone got any tips on how to make your botox last longer? I only had my last round on Jan 31st and it's already worn off quite significantly :( I love the results but I just can't afford doing it every 2 months (even if I could I wouldn't justify it tbh) and I hate being without it now!
Perhaps try different brands? Azzalure lasts far longer than Allergan Botox on me (although it’s the other way round for most people). Avoid sunbeds.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know any good botox places in Manchester? I haven’t had it done before but want to minimise my frown lines

Im slightly disappointed with mine I was told my foreheard line would go completely however after a second dose it’s still visible to me under light / in day lights etc .

Reactions: 2
Im slightly disappointed with mine I was told my foreheard line would go completely however after a second dose it’s still visible to me under light / in day lights etc .
If it's deep or quite well formed then it may not go away at all or you may need a lot of rounds. Some people get filler to get rid of lines.
That's why I started Botox in my frown lines early. I don't yet have static lines but wanted to prevent them as deep frown lines runs in my family.

I had Botox in my forehead, three locations, one month ago. And it’s already showing quite substantial signs of wearing off. The clinic I went to do a follow up appt ten days after original booking which I had to cancel. Could this be why it’s fading so quickly? Might they have given more then?! Almost e300 to last a month is Mad.

I had Botox in my forehead, three locations, one month ago. And it’s already showing quite substantial signs of wearing off. The clinic I went to do a follow up appt ten days after original booking which I had to cancel. Could this be why it’s fading so quickly? Might they have given more then?! Almost e300 to last a month is Mad.
For me after a month or two, a lot of the frozen effect goes away but it doesn't actually go back to proper wrinkles for ages. Is it actually properly back to what it was before for you or does it just seem like it because it's less than when the full effect is in?

I guess for some it can go away faster than for others too

I would phone and tell them this. See what they have to say

They might have given you a top up at the 10 day appointment if they thought you needed it! I know a friend of my gets extra at her 10 day apt.

Ah feck I do think it was my own fault for not going back. But I ended up on the wrong side of the country. I also have very powerful forehead muscles and a very expressive face so she did warn me not to expect it to last too long. But I figured that meant three months rather than six

Thanks all!

I do believe that the more you get it done, the less often you need to do it? or is that just filler?

Ah feck I do think it was my own fault for not going back. But I ended up on the wrong side of the country. I also have very powerful forehead muscles and a very expressive face so she did warn me not to expect it to last too long. But I figured that meant three months rather than six

Thanks all!

I do believe that the more you get it done, the less often you need to do it? or is that just filler?
Botox doesn’t build up so it will always wear off regardless. Don’t think if you get it done more often it will build up and last longer because it won’t… all it will do is drain your wallet lol

ETA I get mine done twice a year normally around the start of summer and then the start of dec.

Thanks all!

If it was your first time they tend not to put to much in

I’ve booked in Botox and lips done next week, but to be honest, it was November when I had my lips done and one side of my top lip kind of feels harder than the other and not soft like my bottom one. I think she might suggest dissolving and starting again 😩 Anyone on here had their lips dissolved? (Btw my lips are not huge, I get them done to look natural 🤣)

Definitely go for the 10 day top up. Botox lasts on most people between 3-4 months, some people are unlucky and only get 2 months. I’ve personally found that having it regularly (I usually get it 3 times a year) does keep the wrinkles at bay even once it’s worn off. I haven’t had any since Sept (I’m going next week!) and I can certainly see a difference leaving it so long compared to my usual 4 months.

Has anyone experienced it working unevenly or has my practitioner not done a very good job? I had it done two days ago and already one side of my forehead is still but the other, I can raise my eyebrow, so at the moment when I raise my brows, one raises (slightly not fully)! I know it’s only been two days and it takes two weeks to fully work, plus I’m going back for the two week appt so she can obviously even it up then if needed still, but I’m just curious if it’s normal that it is a bit uneven at the moment?