Boris Johnson and Carrie Symonds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1600690647074.png

I also add:
Air B&B with Fred West
A pool party with Michael Barrymore

• Haha
Reactions: 18
He needs to go. I think his battle with the virus has clouded his judgement when it comes to dealing with the pandemic.

Reactions: 1
He knew what he was getting into with Brexit. I think he just thought he would be able to bluff his way through it and come out the other side victorious.
COVID- ok it is unprecedented and nobody saw it coming, but if you want to be the prime minister, you have to be prepared for anything. He did himself no favours when he bragged about shaking hands with Covid patients:rolleyes:
He is an absolute buffoon and I can’t believe he is our prime minister

• Heart
Reactions: 20
He knew what he was getting into with Brexit. I think he just thought he would be able to bluff his way through it and come out the other side victorious.
COVID- ok it is unprecedented and nobody saw it coming, but if you want to be the prime minister, you have to be prepared for anything. He did himself no favours when he bragged about shaking hands with Covid patients:rolleyes:
He is an absolute buffoon and I can’t believe he is our prime minister
Do you actually think anyone else would have done anything else or sorted everything out perfectly!! They wouldn’t this pandemic has been unpredictable in the extreme

Reactions: 2
Do you actually think anyone else would have done anything else or sorted everything out perfectly!! They wouldn’t this pandemic has been unpredictable in the extreme
I think no matter the government there would have been difficulties. However the pandemic has been terribly handled, our government hasn't been anywhere to be seen (Hancock has been visible but where is Boris?), there have been u turn after u turn after horrible messes that were warned about but ignored and the pandemic has highlighted how chronically underfunded and pushed to breaking point our public services are. So possibly not perfect but yes others would have done better.

The only thing Boris has succeeded at is actually catching the bloody virus

Reactions: 21
Actually yes, I do. Other countries have handled it so much better. Did you know that in Italy you can go for a test and get your results within 40 minutes? Here your lucky if you get them back in 24 hours, and thats if you can even get a test in the first place.

I am not saying anyone else would have done it perfectly and in my post I said nobody saw it coming. Does that mean that just because it is an unprecedented situation, we are just supposed to accept him and not criticise him and his governments actions?
His attitude stinks, he is totally out of touch with the public, treats us like idiots and hides away.
Nobody is expecting perfection but we should be able to expect a leader who is at the very least visible and can answer the question that is actually being asked rather than avoiding it.

I think no matter the government there would have been difficulties. However the pandemic has been terribly handled, our government hasn't been anywhere to be seen (Hancock has been visible but where is Boris?), there have been u turn after u turn after horrible messes that were warned about but ignored and the pandemic has highlighted how chronically underfunded and pushed to breaking point our public services are. So possibly not perfect but yes others would have done better.

The only thing Boris has succeeded at is actually catching the bloody virus
This 👏👏

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm waiting for the inevitable leaking of information that points to the unpreparedness for the pandemic to the last Health Secretary.......
They're clearly holding that back for when he makes his move. Who knows when that will be? I think if deaths kick off again it may be the most opportune time for an absolute bastard to cash in (so any of them really).

Reactions: 3
I see your point but to be honest we had an upper hand at the start of all of this - we’re a tiny island in the middle of Europe our response in February should have been “duck this” and closed off, advising anyone who was on their way home from overseas to quarantine - instead we’ve become a worldwide laughing stock.

The quarantine centres in the UK obviously went to pot early in because we were so concerned about what the rest of the world was doing.

We locked down too late and should have brought curfews in when the restrictions were relaxed, not waited for it to spiral out of control again.

I voted Labour in the last election and to be honest I think Corbyn would have just stood and argued with the germs 🤦‍♀️ this would have been a challenge for any political party But Boris hasn’t got a clue and didn’t attend a single COBRA meeting until just before lockdown which is why his message was ERM PEOPLE WILL DIE WASH YOUR HANDS CLAP EVERY THURSDAY FOR THE NHS

• Angry
Reactions: 16
Have a look around and put your English exceptionalism aside for five seconds. Most countries with far fewer resources and wealth have managed far, far better than this country. It hasn't been anywhere near as unpredictable as they would like you to believe. They have not been following the science. Ooooh don't get me started as I don't want to get banned.

ETA - While they continue to outsource testing and track and trace to their mates rather than actual health professionals, expect the system to be a shambles. They also abolished Public Health England in the MIDDLE OF A PANDEMIC (louder for those in the back!!!!) so excuse me if I feel utterly hopeless right now.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
People elected a pathological liar, and then they are surprised when Boris doesn't tell the truth. Some of the reasons I heard for people not voting Corbyn was he was out of touch with the Working Class, lived in London, had a net worth of million, had a nice house in London, a huge pension, yet voted for Boris, despite Boris having all of that.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Corbyn lives in a council house doesn’t he? Or an ex council house anyway. Far more ‘in touch‘ with normal people than Boris.

Reactions: 6
No matter what party or what the politics are, a prime minister/president/first minister needs to have a decent work ethic. Boris has been very quickly found out.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.