Boris Johnson and Carrie Symonds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
8F3B38FB-C638-43D2-A355-0822D481E8D3.jpeg

Boris verbatim quote attempting to answer Sir Keir Starmer this week in the Commons - from Matthew Parris in The Times today.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Late to this party but I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend who worked on/with BoJo on his campaign that that huge argument they had where the police/The Guardian were called was over him begging her to have a termination. At the time it was kind of like “well who knows, can’t prove it” and I thought it was just a rumour based on his apparent skill at knocking women up, but now that baby has arrived now looking like he’s full term I wonder if it’s true.

I’ve googled her parentage and not drawn much luck re: the product of affairs thing. Is that really true that she and her father were the babies of their fathers mistresses? If so that’s got to be pretty unique to have three generations of babies born in those circumstances. It’s like something out of Henry VIIIs court.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Late to this party but I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend who worked on/with BoJo on his campaign that that huge argument they had where the police/The Guardian were called was over him begging her to have a termination. At the time it was kind of like “well who knows, can’t prove it” and I thought it was just a rumour based on his apparent skill at knocking women up, but now that baby has arrived now looking like he’s full term I wonder if it’s true.

I’ve googled her parentage and not drawn much luck re: the product of affairs thing. Is that really true that she and her father were the babies of their fathers mistresses? If so that’s got to be pretty unique to have three generations of babies born in those circumstances. It’s like something out of Henry VIIIs court.
In that case, it was a 10 month pregnancy......

• Wow
Reactions: 3
The Daily Mail are really turning on Boris. WTF is going on? Have I slipped into a parallel universe?

Reactions: 6

John Worboys case[edit]
In 2007, aged 19, Symonds was driven home from a King's Road nightclub by taxi-driver John Worboys, who in 2009 was convicted of multiple sexual assaults on his passengers. She later recalled Worboys offering her champagne and vodka, which she believed was spiked and, after returning home, "vomiting and laughing hysterically before passing out until 3pm the next day".

She did have another dreadful encounter, apart from the one she's currently now stuck in.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
In that case, it was a 10 month pregnancy......
Pregnancies are about 10 months. 38 weeks from date of conception. She could be up to 2 weeks late to give birth so there is 40 weeks from conception. Would that fit?

Reactions: 5
Awww I thought I was on to something there, date of birth 29th April 2020 and even if baby was 2 weeks late it still puts an estimated conception time of mid july 19.The fight was end of June so either the baby is a few weeks old or they made up quickly

Reactions: 2
Just checking in to let you all know I still think boris is a bleep

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I think it apt to quote Malcolm Tucker and day the government’s response to the coronavirus has been a f***ing omnishambles.

• Heart
I'd really love to have heard what Nicola Sturgeon went home and said to her husband about her day; she was so obviously biting back what she actually wanted to say about Boris in front of the media. Boris seems to have forgotten that he speaks only for England in terms of the lockdown; both Scotland and Wales were quick to dissociate themselves from his shambles.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'd really love to have heard what Nicola Sturgeon went home and said to her husband about her day; she was so obviously biting back what she actually wanted to say about Boris in front of the media. Boris seems to have forgotten that he speaks only for England in terms of the lockdown; both Scotland and Wales were quick to dissociate themselves from his shambles.
This is the thing that confuses me with the devolved nations, does Boris have the ultimate trump card? So Nicola Sturgeon (for example) could say Scotland has to stay lockdown until July but could Boris, as PM of the U.K., overrule her?
Because then what’s the point of having a PM for the whole of the U.K. if the devolved nations can overrule? Sorry for going off topic here.

Reactions: 2
I think she wanted to give Boris a Glasgow kiss 😂

• Haha
This is the thing that confuses me with the devolved nations, does Boris have the ultimate trump card? So Nicola Sturgeon (for example) could say Scotland has to stay lockdown until July but could Boris, as PM of the U.K., overrule her?
Because then what’s the point of having a PM for the whole of the U.K. if the devolved nations can overrule? Sorry for going off topic here.
No he can't. Some of our laws are obviously devolved and he has no say in them. Unless he brought in a law to end the devolved parliaments which would result in almost immediate Scottish independence (we don't like being told what to do 😂).

• Heart
Health is a devolved issue, so Scotland can make their own policies and that's the way it has to be regardless of what Boris wants. If he were to try and overrule (and I've not a clue if he would be able to do do legitimately) it's going to cause him issues later down the line for independence related arguments.

Reactions: 3
He could but very unlikely! the devolved government usually make up their own rules ,going by what's best for their own people ,their budget would come from Westminster but they can distribute that how they like ..It basically gives Westminster less to do if the other nations look after themselves..

Reactions: 5
From the Scottish Government website:

The Scottish Government runs the country in relation to matters that are devolved from Westminster. This includes: the economy, education, health, justice, rural affairs, housing, environment, equal opportunities, consumer advocacy and advice, transport and taxation. The power to set a Scottish rate of income tax is a new addition to our responsibilities and further powers will be devolved to Scotland over the coming years.

Boris is the one who can shut the UK borders as that's not devolved, but he has no control over the Scottish NHS, or over Police Scotland, for example. Holyrood has the choice over what it spends its cut of taxation on and how it's divvied up between its responsibilities, which is how the Scottish Government has been putting more into health than Westminster and not selling it off. Westminster deals with social security and benefits but Holyrood can use their powers to, for example, offset the bedroom tax. As the economy, health, education, police are all devolved, he can't tell Scottish businesses to open up, Scottish schools to open, Police Scotland not to arrest people breaking lockdown and so on. The police were already looking at how they could deal with people crossing the Border if England didn't have lockdown and Scotland did, but anyone crossing into Scotland has to obey Scottish law and Holyrood has passed the act relating to the powers in this pandemic. One thing they are taking into account is that Scotland is behind the curve from England; we didn't get our first infection and first death till a few weeks after England so we may not yet have reached our peak. Boris simply doesn't have the powers to say what Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland can do on devolved areas.

I think we'll see the end of the Union by the end of this government.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.