Boris Johnson and Carrie Symonds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can imagine people studying this 50 years from now and being baffled at the level of support he has
Almost certainly.

There is a cruel irony that when this pandemic is over many of the people who voted for him will be dead, his incompetence will have killed off a significant number of his supporters. Still won’t be his fault though.

Reactions: 9
96584614_1513906482113873_5388273520667000832_n.jpg

So do we think Boris will push for what his business subsidiary's want and get things moving again ! or do the right thing by the medical evidence and put the people first...I got mixed messages from yesterday's briefing ,I even thought Jennie was backtracking a bit...

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Mixed messaging is done on purpose. It avoids accountability. And whichever way things end up going, the government can say that they advised in that direction.

Straight out of Putin's book.

And with most of the media toeing the government line, they're more than happy to add to the confusion by disseminating such messaging. And it's the newspapers that will be instrumental in there probably being a second wave in June now thanks to bloody headlines yesterday like "Happy Monday" (Sun) and "Hurrah! Lockdown Freedom Beckons" (Mail).

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
As I said earlier, Popbitch reckon he’s been shagging as much as ever up to now.

He’s has personal protection since he became Foreign Secretary, and they see all sorts anyway. That’s not going to stop him.
It always made me laugh when Prince Philip said he couldn't have been cheating on the Queen for their entire marriage because he had protection officers with him all the time! As if they would risk their jobs by dobbing him in! And how did his son get away with it? And Diana? And virtually everyone in the Royal Family? Maybe they looked the same way they did when Andrew was out partying?

Reactions: 11
I expect the Tories will blame the NHS staff for not using their PPE correctly or the public for not public distancing, they will be totally blameless for the needless deaths and the fact that we have had more deaths than all of Europe. Don't forget the Fire Brigade were to blame for the Grenfell tragedy not the innocent Tories.:mad:

• Angry
Reactions: 11
It always made me laugh when Prince Philip said he couldn't have been cheating on the Queen for their entire marriage because he had protection officers with him all the time! As if they would risk their jobs by dobbing him in! And how did his son get away with it? And Diana? And virtually everyone in the Royal Family? Maybe they looked the same way they did when Andrew was out partying?
I cannot believe that was his excuse, not even “ I would never do that I love her” that comes across as “I wish I could have but..” 😹😹

• Haha
Reactions: 7
There are still some people who can’t see any wrong in Boris. You point out that 30,000 people are dead and we have the highest death toll in Europe because of him and you get remarks about how Corbyn would have done in response. They can’t critically think and believe that there is a press conspiracy against him.

History will judge him VERY harshly.
I’m a labour voter, although I do admit I’m not the most clued up when it comes to the ins and outs of politics, but weren’t the Govt just following the advice given to them from healthcare/scientists when they made their decisions at the start of the pandemic? My Ponderings being that wouldn’t a Labour Govt have been following the same advice from the same group when making their response?

Reactions: 3
I honk that was the point of the Private Eye article! It’s very tongue in cheek and Ian Hislop is no fan of Boris.

Reactions: 4
And he had four children at that point with his then wife.
Obviously only poor people shouldn't have kids! I cant believe hed have the audacity to talk about overpopulation when he ha4 at least 4 children at the time and had an inconvenient habit of knocking up his lovers! He was criticising single mothers too, while refusing to acknowledge 2 of his children, producing 2 single mothers!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I’m a labour voter, although I do admit I’m not the most clued up when it comes to the ins and outs of politics, but weren’t the Govt just following the advice given to them from healthcare/scientists when they made their decisions at the start of the pandemic? My Ponderings being that wouldn’t a Labour Govt have been following the same advice from the same group when making their response?
No - they picked which advice to follow. There aren't just one or two scientists and that's your lot. Hence picking the herd immunity stance, though they quickly backtracked on that when it became apparent it would be carnage - but failed to close the airports or force people coming in to isolate.

Reactions: 6
The countries with very low death rates imposed 2 week quarantine on people arriving. It’s lunacy that BoJo and co aren’t doing the same.

Reactions: 6
No - they picked which advice to follow. There aren't just one or two scientists and that's your lot. Hence picking the herd immunity stance, though they quickly backtracked on that when it became apparent it would be carnage - but failed to close the airports or force people coming in to isolate.
Yeh lots of scientists have publicly criticised their approach . I cannot believe that we have only just introduced quarantine for people arriving to airports, it’s total madness

Reactions: 7
Obviously only poor people shouldn't have kids! I cant believe hed have the audacity to talk about overpopulation when he ha4 at least 4 children at the time and had an inconvenient habit of knocking up his lovers! He was criticising single mothers too, while refusing to acknowledge 2 of his children, producing 2 single mothers!
It’s the old adage, don’t do as I do, do as I say!

Reactions: 2
Yeh lots of scientists have publicly criticised their approach . I cannot believe that we have only just introduced quarantine for people arriving to airports, it’s total madness
I missed the news last night, didn’t realise they’d finally done it.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.