Boris Johnson #6 Bin fire of the vanities

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am genuinely terrified for this country if truss gets in i know rishi isnt any better but i dont think ill be making plans to move to Jupiter if rishi got in then my plans to move would go to bemunda triangle

Reactions: 10
This "Keep Calm and Carry On" attitude does not help us Brits.

The idea of silently enduring through suffering has just stuck and politicians use it to their advantage when it's something they can manage or prevent.

• Sick
Reactions: 15
Has Truss just said we'll be ok during the energy crisis because we as a nation have the right spirit? Do companies except "spirit" as payment? I can't bear these arseholes anymore Get them OUT !!!
Can we pay in claps?

This "Keep Calm and Carry On" attitude does not help us Brits.

The idea of silently enduring through suffering has just stuck and politicians use it to their advantage when it's something they can manage or prevent.
I saw the Keep Calm and Carry on British attitude during the beginning of the pandemic when I saw people fighting over toilet rolls.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Frances energy prices have gone up 4%. It makes me sick that they can be allowed to do this to us its so bleeping inhumane. Why is there not more fuss being made about this??? Whats this useless witch going to do?

Reactions: 14
Quite apart from the effect on us all as individuals, businesses - including hospitals, schools, manufacturers etc etc etc - dont have the 'cap'. What are they going to do? what happens to their employees??

Reactions: 5
Oh well, only an hour til we learn our fate... poor Queen having to put up with Johnson and Truss/Sunak tomorrow. I think it will be Truss, can't decide whether it's a good thing because she'll duck it up spectacularly and maybe we'll have a chance to get rid of the bastards sooner than expected. But the prospect of the damage she can/will do is terrifying.

Reactions: 3
Well I'm terrified for this country whats left of it we are fucked

Reactions: 8
On one hand it is great news for Starmer as it will make his job easier but on the other you have to worry about how much more damage the new PM will inflict on this poor beleaguered country before the next election. It can’t come soon enough!

Reactions: 7
Although I hold no candle for either of them, I did at least think Sunak was an adult.

I think the Tory powers-that-be know they are losing the next election no matter what, so Truss is their useful idiot to try to get as much of their self-serving agenda enacted in the meantime. Truly scary. Then yet again Labour will be left picking up the pieces and will be basically set up to fail as the NHS and the country as a whole continue to implode. bleeping awful times ahead.

Reactions: 12
I think the Tory powers-that-be know they are losing the next election no matter what, so Truss is their useful idiot to try to get as much of their self-serving agenda enacted in the meantime. Truly scary. Then yet again Labour will be left picking up the pieces and will be basically set up to fail as the NHS and the country as a whole continue to implode. bleeping awful times ahead.
I do wonder whether having rock bottom expectations will work in her favour. Even if she is a tiny bit betterthan horrific she will do better than expected. I wonder how many people will still vote Tory even once Jacob Rees Mogg has taken away all their employment protection and Tgerese Coffey has made a hash of heath? It's not just her it's going to be her dreadful and nasty team too. Its worrying. She is so clearly out of her depth. She couldn't even get through her pre prepared victory speech without fluffing it, even though she has been expected to win for at least a month.

• Sick
Reactions: 12
Let’s be brutally honest, the Tories were never going to vote for an Asian man were they? I’m not talking about MP’s per se but the wider party who are mostly old gammons. Bet they were happy to take his furlough money though 🙄

• Heart
I do wonder whether having rock bottom expectations will work in her favour. Even if she is a tiny bit betterthan horrific she will do better than expected. I wonder how many people will still vote Tory even once Jacob Rees Mogg has taken away all their employment protection and Tgerese Coffey has made a hash of heath? It's not just her it's going to be her dreadful and nasty team too. Its worrying. She is so clearly out of her depth. She couldn't even get through her pre prepared victory speech without fluffing it, even though she has been expected to win for at least a month.
Coffey made a hash of her own health a long time ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Let’s be brutally honest, the Tories were never going to vote for an Asian man were they? I’m not talking about MP’s per se but the wider party who are mostly old gammons. Bet they were happy to take his furlough money though 🙄
Spot on.
I think they are both utterly loathsome, but it says a lot about the Tories that they would choose a thick as mince dimwit who ( in the absence of any brains or talent ) must have fucked her way to the top over a more competent ( but still a shitbag ) brown man.
But they aren’t racist. No siree. Just look at how lovely and diverse the Trussbot’s cabinet is. 🙄

Reactions: 11
I just said this to my dad i also think him bashing the government that he was every part off for their covid response etc yes it werent great and someone should speak up but dont think when your trying to win a leadership race within the party its the best idea to start criticising things well he has plenty of time to do that now

Reactions: 1