Boris Johnson #6 Bin fire of the vanities

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agreed. My grandad was a miner so I’ll leave it there in terms of political leanings, but I was truly shocked at the calibre of what was put in front of us last night. Could it be true - that the lying shagger Alexander De Pffefel Johnson WAS in fact the best of a very mediocre bunch? And to be brutally honest, ALL the women came over as pretty flaky and not on top of their brief. Tom Tugenhaut OK (for a Tory) . Ready for Rishi just slithery and snaky. Aargh. We’re DOOMED.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The Tories stand less of a chance electorally wise without that helmet at the helm. Some in the Tory party may see him as a liability, but there are still millions who think he's great, the bloody idiots.
There is some of that, certainly. But a new leader will get a slight boost in the polls among swing voters solely for not being Boris.

The Tory MP's European Reform Group (which was behind the overthrow of Teresa May) wanted every member to vote for Liz Truss.

They have already given notice that they don't want Mordaunt or Sunak as I don't think they can manipulate them as they could with Johnson and Truss. If Mordaunt or Sunak are elected, watch out for them rebelling from the start.

Reactions: 3
The Poundland Thatcher is so thick she genuinely doesn’t understand how thick she is.
All the candidates are absolutely awful. I’ve never voted Conservative and never will, but despite disagreeing with pretty much everything they stand for, I’m sure they used to have a smattering of intelligent, decent human beings in their party. The current crop are the absolute barrel scrapings of humanity.
That’s exactly what my mum says - she never like Alec Douglas Hume but at least he didn’t seem to be wrecking the country just for the fun of it.

Liz Truss is just so wooden and formulaic. Can't she move on from the "getting the job done" mantra so shamelessly used by Boris as a deflection technique?

Rishi is cringeworthy and over keen to outtalk everyone else.

Tom Tugendhat seemed like a normal decent man, completely untainted by all that the Gov represents now.

Reactions: 4
Shock horror. The man we were told needed to stay on as caretaker PM has ditched a COBRA meeting about the heatwave for a party.

Where have we heard that one before?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Shock horror. The man we were told needed to stay on as caretaker PM has ditched a COBRA meeting about the heatwave for a party.

Where have we heard that one before?
Let's hope they barbecue him as a hog roast on a spit..Great farewell party! He'd probably be a bit grisly in places though..Maybe he could do with a bit of levelling up to tenderise the loins?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The Tory MP's European Reform Group (which was behind the overthrow of Teresa May) wanted every member to vote for Liz Truss.

They have already given notice that they don't want Mordaunt or Sunak as I don't think they can manipulate them as they could with Johnson and Truss. If Mordaunt or Sunak are elected, watch out for them rebelling from the start.
I think once you have the support of intellectual heavyweights Jacob Rees Mogg and Nadine Dirries you should be done for. Unfortunately, the Tory membership is made up of 80 year olds and ex UKIP members. Truss was a Lib Dem and a remained, so she is easily flip floppable. They probably think she is the one most easily bullied by them.

Reactions: 7
Anyone watch tonight? FFS I am so not Ready for Rishi, fucker can't stop talking - and smirking. Liz Truss does very weird things with her hands and is vaguely robotic. Kemi and Tom both seem out of their depth, although that could be due to Rishi talking over everyone. Penny Mordaunt is um, physically imposing, if not mentally. Dear god, are these really the best??

Reactions: 1
Anyone watch tonight? FFS I am so not Ready for Rishi, fucker can't stop talking - and smirking. Liz Truss does very weird things with her hands and is vaguely robotic. Kemi and Tom both seem out of their depth, although that could be due to Rishi talking over everyone. Penny Mordaunt is um, physically imposing, if not mentally. Dear god, are these really the best??
Yep. If Sunak or Truss get it, you can probably hear the champagne corks popping in Keir Starmers office.

Reactions: 7
He really loves being centre of attention, doesn't he? Flashing his brilliant white teeth and grinning inanely..guys.

Just a bit too slick and "oven ready".

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
I haven't bothered watching, but do you think Rishi was panicking because he thought he'd walk it? I think he is likely to get through to the final two, but who knows what dunderhead the Tory members will inflict on us?

Reactions: 1
The hands are fascinating to watch. Rishi does this tilt toward you with his hands, like he's giving you something. You're right about Truss. Lots of robotic chopping.

• Haha
I think Liz is very nervous despite her "woman of steel/iron lady" PR image. She is a bit like Theresa May in the way she presents. She just looks very uncomfortable. I almost feel sorry for her.

Interesting that none of the candidates would offer Boris a Cabinet position should they become PM..The kiss of death.

Reactions: 5
I doubt very much Boris will stay in politics after this. I don't think he'll give up his seat immediately unless he's forced to over something like Lebedev, but he'll use the time between now and the next election to line himself up some cushy writing jobs and then step down at the election.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
Interesting that none of the candidates would offer Boris a Cabinet position should they become PM.
Not at all shocking, really.

I don't think Boris will stick around as an MP anyway. He'll take a peerage, make sporadic appearances in the Lords and spend the rest of the time writing more tit biographies of Churchill.

• Angry
  • Sick
I doubt there's a minute in the day after 12pm when Nadine isn't pissed.

• Haha
  • Wow
Badenoche has been endorsed by some god awful far far right group... we really are fucked.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6