Boris Johnson #5 A vonc on the old conk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
you could see the difference in the body language between the Tories party fest and curry gate, Currygate was deffo not a party
Of course it wasn’t, but the Daily Mail went all out to make it an issue, putting on the front page day after day and eventually pressurising the Durham police into opening a “new” investigation. Starmer is no mug and knew exactly what he was doing when he offered to resign if found guilty. The right are trying to pretend that all parts of Westminster are dodgy. Starmer is working hard to distance himself from the corruption of Johnson and his cronies.

Reactions: 8
Just so long as it's not #Justice4Boris...

#UCanTrustInTruss?

#WeatherThe StormsWithWallace?

#TogetherWithTugendhat?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Just so long as it's not #Justice4Boris...

#UCanTrustInTruss?

#WeatherThe StormsWithWallace?

#TogetherWithTugendhat?
Whenever I see his name I just get handjob puns in my head 🙈🙈🙈😳😳😳

(Yes I realise this says way more about me then it does about him…)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Of course it wasn’t, but the Daily Mail went all out to make it an issue, putting on the front page day after day and eventually pressurising the Durham police into opening a “new” investigation. Starmer is no mug and knew exactly what he was doing when he offered to resign if found guilty. The right are trying to pretend that all parts of Westminster are dodgy. Starmer is working hard to distance himself from the corruption of Johnson and his cronies.
100%. it was no coincidence there weren't any journalist's from the mail at Sir Keir's press conference today, I loved how Keir played it at the question and answer session

Reactions: 4
The thing is that most of us won't get to choose our next PM, that decision being left to the 90,000 or so Tory Party members many of whom thought Johnson was doing a fantastic job and some who no doubt thought he wasn't right wing or libertarian enough. Of the likely candidates only Sunak is possibly brave enough to tell the Brexiteers in the party that they can't have their cake and eat it after all and that 'making Brexit' work (if such a thing is remotely possible) will be incredibly painful for us all and that there won't be massive tax cuts to buy the next election. The comment in his resignation letter that "if a thing looks to good to be true, it probably is" hints at the truth but of course most Tories don't want to hear that so they'll probably choose someone who will carry on pretending they have the answers and blaming 'wokeism'.

Reactions: 9
The thing is that most of us won't get to choose our next PM, that decision being left to the 90,000 or so Tory Party members many of whom thought Johnson was doing a fantastic job and some who no doubt thought he wasn't right wing or libertarian enough. Of the likely candidates only Sunak is possibly brave enough to tell the Brexiteers in the party that they can't have their cake and eat it after all and that 'making Brexit' work (if such a thing is remotely possible) will be incredibly painful for us all and that there won't be massive tax cuts to buy the next election. The comment in his resignation letter that "if a thing looks to good to be true, it probably is" hints at the truth but of course most Tories don't want to hear that so they'll probably choose someone who will carry on pretending they have the answers and blaming 'wokeism'.
I honestly don’t think any current or former Minister in Boris’s Cabinet has any credibility as a leadership candidate after the debacle of the past two years. Their sudden attack of principles earlier this week was good in that it finally ousted Johnson but I think it was too little too late in terms of rescuing their credibility. They were complicit in covering for him for far too long.

Reactions: 15
Have we reached peak lunacy in the Tory party? Hilarious enough that Suella Braverman thinks she has a chance of becoming leader but now see that Nadine Dorries is "seriously thinking" of running to "keep Boris' flame alive". And if that wasn't sufficiently jaw dropping Johnson has made Peter Bone a cabinet minister.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I can't imagine the Tories have much of a following among the younger generation. Do they? Wasn't the only reason they wanted out of the E.U it was bringing in a rule about tax and off-shore accounts. Can anyone tell me what we've gained being out of the E.U?
Blue passports?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Have we reached peak lunacy in the Tory party? Hilarious enough that Suella Braverman thinks she has a chance of becoming leader but now see that Nadine Dorries is "seriously thinking" of running to "keep Boris' flame alive". And if that wasn't sufficiently jaw dropping Johnson has made Peter Bone a cabinet minister.
#Dotty4Dorries?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
He’s just trolling us now.

• Haha
I honestly don’t think any current or former Minister in Boris’s Cabinet has any credibility as a leadership candidate after the debacle of the past two years. Their sudden attack of principles earlier this week was good in that it finally ousted Johnson but I think it was too little too late in terms of rescuing their credibility. They were complicit in covering for him for far too long.
Absolutely.
Sunak is an absolute weasel. Wasn’t he fined for being at the same party as Johnson? I suppose he was ambushed by a cake as well. Or taken unawares by a sausage on a stick.
I thought I’d be delighted to see the back of Johnson - and I sort of am, but the dregs of humanity lining up to take over from him depresses the duck out of me.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Listening to LBC tonight - Suella 'bleeping useless' Braverman has quite the public following :eek: :rolleyes:

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.