Boris Johnson #5 A vonc on the old conk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm neither in the UK nor a UK citizen. I did however live there for 10 years. If this is annoying me, well, thoughts and prayers to UK residents and citizens alike

Reactions: 9
I'm neither in the UK nor a UK citizen. I did however live there for 10 years. If this is annoying me, well, thoughts and prayers to UK residents and citizens alike
Same here. I lived there from childhood for over 20 years. Now back in Ireland over 20 years with lots of friends in the UK and really sad to see the way politics there has gone in recent years.

Reactions: 4
Same here. I lived there from childhood for over 20 years. Now back in Ireland over 20 years with lots of friends in the UK and really sad to see the way politics there has gone in recent years.
Same. Well not the childhood bit. Back in Cork now. I still have my little gang and we try to get together every so often. Newcastle in October. Should be intersting as it's a party city and we range in age from 45-65😅

Back on topic, that video cracks me up!

Reactions: 2
thoughts and prayers to UK residents and citizens
I expect there will probably be a GE soon after their new leader is selected as that seems typical given that the general public will not have voted the new PM in - democracy and that. Idk if the people who keep electing Conservatives really deserve thoughts and prayers after that. I'm sure the rich benefit from them, but the working classes seem to have their brain wiped each time or something. Will be interesting to see if the COVID stuff will have any impact on that, but I doubt it

I do feel bad for the rest of the country though

Reactions: 5
I expect there will probably be a GE soon after their new leader is selected as that seems typical given that the general public will not have voted the new PM in - democracy and that. Idk if the people who keep electing Conservatives really deserve thoughts and prayers after that. I'm sure the rich benefit from them, but the working classes seem to have their brain wiped each time or something. Will be interesting to see if the COVID stuff will have any impact on that, but I doubt it

I worked closely (as in was his PA) with a brother of a prominent Tory. Pretty open bloke, his wife even once described me as pratctically family. Unknown to her my boss borrowed his MP brother's London bolthole to shag some someone he 'befriended'

At the higher echelons they are Freemasons (complete with funny handshakes). They give less than two shytes about people who aren't their type. Unless you're 'ptractically family'

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11

If Covid cases continue to increase it could be interesting if there were to be a GE? Campaigning via zoom? Postal voting?

Anyone else absolutely bricking it after seeing the potential leadership challengers? It’s just one bleeping disaster after another. Exhausted by this complete chaos and one useless prick after another.
If the vaguely plausible candidates, Mordaunt would be my choice, but I can also see why she might put some people off.

And also, thread title nomination: Boris Johnson #6 Leave means leave, in you we don't any more believe.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
If Covid cases continue to increase it could be interesting if there were to be a GE? Campaigning via zoom? Postal voting?
I saw someone mention that the balloting for the leadership race could fall on when the Royal Mail are planning to have their strikes this month which would be interesting

Seems a bit early given it would be this month (I think the final week?) but if they want to replace him quickly I suppose it’s possible

I worked closely (as in was his PA) with a brother of a prominent Tory. Pretty open bloke, his wife even once described me as pratctically family. Unknown to her my boss borrowed his MP brother's London bolthole to shag some someone he 'befriended'

At the higher echelons they are Freemasons (complete with funny handshakes). They give less than two shytes about people who aren't their type. Unless you're 'ptractically family'
not just the higher echelons they infiltrate every where

#Dotty4Dorries?
She won’t do it, but given her delightful arrival and subsequent departure from 10 downing st yesterday. Handed education today really a woman for the people.

#jerkynforjenkyns

Reactions: 1
They interviewed various people for their opinion on Boris after his resignation.
One lovely old Northern chap said
“Well he weren’t much of a statesman. But he were good on Have I Got News For You”

• Haha
Reactions: 5
How can he sell himself as ‘rebuilding the economy’? Did he forget that he’s been in bleeping charge of it for three years?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
How can he sell himself as ‘rebuilding the economy’? Did he forget that he’s been in bleeping charge of it for three years?
He would have to get Brois' approval, no? Part of his resignation, if not all of it as I didn't read it all, was literally because he couldn't agree with Boris on something

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.