Boris Johnson #5 A vonc on the old conk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aren't we likely to just see the same people who threw their hat in last time, plus maybe a few new ones?

Liz Truss was a favourite last time if I remember right, though she's stood by Boris through this (? I think) so that may have knocked her down a bit

Reactions: 1
Aren't we likely to just see the same people who threw their hat in last time, plus maybe a few new ones?

Liz Truss was a favourite last time if I remember right, though she's stood by Boris through this (? I think) so that may have knocked her down a bit
lets hope so!

Ben Wallace the favourite in yougov polling

Reactions: 3
It's like Christmas in my house, but instead of 'has he been?' it's 'has he gone? HAS HE GONE YET?!'

He should have resigned bleeping ages ago, there's just no honour any more.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Apparently Sky said earlier that the announcement is expected to be at 12

• Heart
Reactions: 2
BREAKINGJohnson to appoint new ministers shortly - No 10
Boris Johnson is expected to appoint new ministers shortly, a No 10 source has told PA news agency.
Johnson is set to resign as Conservative leader today, but still hopes to remain as prime minister until autuumn.
A No 10 source tells PA: "The prime minister will shortly make new appointments to his ministerial team."

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Beth Rigby just said there's a suggestion Theresa May could be asked to be caretaker. That would SO piss Johnson off :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
BREAKINGJohnson to appoint new ministers shortly - No 10
Boris Johnson is expected to appoint new ministers shortly, a No 10 source has told PA news agency.
Johnson is set to resign as Conservative leader today, but still hopes to remain as prime minister until autuumn.
A No 10 source tells PA: "The prime minister will shortly make new appointments to his ministerial team."
This is flippin’ bonkers. He’s resigning AND making appointments to “his ministerial team.” WTF is going on? Totally farcical situation.

Reactions: 7
Beth Rigby just said there's a suggestion Theresa May could be asked to be caretaker. That would SO piss Johnson off :ROFLMAO:
It seems the rules say if you are caretaker/interim PM you can’t put yourself forward for the permanent post … so that would probably work quite well for the likes of say, Raab.

bring it on! ....sky news an MP getting interviewed and Benny Hill music getting played in the background!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
bring it on! ....sky news an MP getting interviewed and Benny Hill music getting played in the background!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I was hoping for Waterloo. Sure Carrie has a copy they could borrow.

This is flippin’ bonkers. He’s resigning AND making appointments to “his ministerial team.” WTF is going on? Totally farcical situation.
BREAKINGJohnson has appointed full replacement cabinet
8fb48771-85a4-4184-9d29-358626fda9a5.jpg

Chris Mason
Political editor
A full cabinet has been appointed, I am told.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Who was the PM from an Ethnic minority? Yes I totally agree. Labour has work to do on that issue.
I said if Sunak etc are appointed party leader. They will automatically be PM until at least the next election.

It's like Christmas in my house, but instead of 'has he been?' it's 'has he gone? HAS HE GONE YET?!'

He should have resigned bleeping ages ago, there's just no honour any more.
there was never any honour!

I was hoping for Waterloo. Sure Carrie has a copy they could borrow.

BREAKINGJohnson has appointed full replacement cabinet
View attachment 1398818
Chris Mason
Political editor
A full cabinet has been appointed, I am told.
aye Truss is on her way back from IKEA !

Now 'they' are worrying he won't read this resignation statement as he is busy tweaking what was agreed ...

Honestly the man is mad. He needs mental health support not to carry on to Autumn. Bonkers.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Now 'they' are worrying he won't read this resignation statement as he is busy tweaking what was agreed ...

Honestly the man is mad. He needs mental health support not to carry on to Autumn. Bonkers.
he is deranged!

I said if Sunak etc are appointed party leader. They will automatically be PM until at least the next election.
Oh right. Sorry. I misread your post. I was wracking what’s left of my mind trying to think of what PM had been from an ethnic minority. Doh!

Reactions: 3
Looking through my local Facebook group. The area is a Tory safe seat, has complained about Boris a bit recently:
- calling anyone that resigned/his party a bunch of traitors because Boris gave them their seats also others calling them back stabbers
- 'he has a strange way of doing things but think the country will be sorry'
- someone saying the media is to blame for Boris' downfall (people didn't like this one, a lot of arguing)

There are some other comments. A few who argued with those comments and gave reasonable reasons for Boris needing to go, but nothing overwhelmingly negative

• Haha
  • Wow
c'mon tae F.... ya Baffoon, crawl oot from under yer stone! I'm missing valuable sunshine being glued to the big screen!

• Haha
he is deranged!
This has to stop. You cannot have a man who is resigning as PM appointing a new cabinet. And he simply cannot be allowed to stay in post until October. It is too ludicrous. He must go now.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This has to stop. You cannot have a man who is resigning as PM appointing a new cabinet. And he simply cannot be allowed to stay in post until October. It is too ludicrous. He must go now.
exactly this!

ooooooohhhhh 35 minutes to go!!!

Can Labour still do the vote of no confidence if he‘s half gone?

edit:

apparently so

Labour Party leader Sir Keir Starmer is demanding Boris Johnson stand down as PM immediately, saying it's not fair on the country for him to stay on as caretaker prime minister.

"He needs to go, he can't cling on," Starmer says.

"His own party has decided it's time - so they can't inflict him on the country for the next few months."

Insisting Labour will take matters into its own hands if necessary, Starmer warns the Tories that if they don't get rid of Johnson "Labour will, in the national interest, bring a no confidence vote - because this can't go on".

"The change we need is not just at the top, we need a change of government. We need a Labour government."

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.