Boris Johnson #5 A vonc on the old conk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aren't we likely to just see the same people who threw their hat in last time, plus maybe a few new ones?

Liz Truss was a favourite last time if I remember right, though she's stood by Boris through this (? I think) so that may have knocked her down a bit
Top potential candidates are Rishi Sunak, Liz Truss, Jeremy Hunt, Sajid Javid, Ben Wallace, Penny Mordaunt, Penny Mordaunt and Tom Tugendhat.

Jeremy Hunt was a very close second to Johnson in the last leadership challenge, there wasn’t that much in it, but Johnson won. Gove was third, but quite a long way behind Johnson and Hunt.

Reactions: 2
Now 'they' are worrying he won't read this resignation statement as he is busy tweaking what was agreed ...

Honestly the man is mad. He needs mental health support not to carry on to Autumn. Bonkers.
I have a horrible feeling that he’s negotiating his elevation to the House of Lords as part of his leaving deal. He will be desperate to cling on as PM in one form or another to outlast May. Knob.

Reactions: 4
Looking through my local Facebook group. The area is a Tory safe seat, has complained about Boris a bit recently:
- calling anyone that resigned/his party a bunch of traitors because Boris gave them their seats also others calling them back stabbers
- 'he has a strange way of doing things but think the country will be sorry'
- someone saying the media is to blame for Boris' downfall (people didn't like this one, a lot of arguing)

There are some other comments. A few who argued with those comments and gave reasonable reasons for Boris needing to go, but nothing overwhelmingly negative
Are these people blind, deaf and/or utterly stupid? How can they not see he is a pathological liar who is devoid of principle and totally unfit for office. I honestly despair of the level of gullibility of those people who continue to be taken in by his act.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Are these people blind, deaf and/or utterly stupid? How can they not see he is a pathological liar who is devoid of principle and totally unfit for office. I honestly despair of the level of gullibility of those people who continue to be taken in by his act.
He gets away with an awful lot because of his bumbling act and apparently can be quite charismatic when he wants to be

He's always been that, and they still voted for him!

I know. But is there no point at which they will see him for what he really is? 🤷‍♀️
But then they have to admit that they’ve been duped, and the Eton educated, Bullingham Club member isn’t as anti-establishment as they thought.

Reactions: 6
the sound
this is the kind of behaviour that ensued in Scotland after we voted NO to Independence, the Braveheart brigade acted like petulant children stamping their feet and causing scene's and don't have the ability to see what is staring them in the face

Reactions: 2
He gets away with an awful lot because of his bumbling act and apparently can be quite charismatic when he wants to be
This is the problem. People are voting for personality rather than principles, commitment, integrity and ability. Politics is not showbiz. Charisma and being “a bit of a character” should not be top of the list when selecting someone to lead the country. “Being a bit of a character” is the only thing Boris has to offer. He has no principles, integrity or commitment and precious little ability.

He is a great choice for hosting a game show but not for PM or indeed any public office.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
This is the problem. People are voting for personality rather than principles, commitment, integrity and ability. Politics is not showbiz. Charisma and being “a bit of a character” should not be top of the list when selecting someone to lead the country. “Being a bit of a character” is the only thing Boris has to offer. He has no principles, integrity or commitment and precious little ability.

He is a great choice for hosting a game show but not for PM or indeed any public office.
now we don't want to give him any ideas!

• Haha
Reactions: 3

I don’t think he could even host a game show. That means knowing what you are doing and listening to the voice in your ear, not your head.

....and the podium is oot!

and Carrie and the baby are oot standing next to simpering Dories

Last edited:
  • Sick
The clapping feels a bit American

I’m going to just say it’s celebrating his resignation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.