Boris Johnson #5 A vonc on the old conk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I reckon they have only got him to agree to go by saying he could stay on as PM until October!

I think you underestimate the electorate. They’ve never been given the chance to vote for anyone other than a white candidate for PM. The electorate has voted for several MPs of colour. Why wouldn’t they vote for a non white PM if given the opportunity.
its about who is best for the job not about colour of skin! I think the electorate will have learned a hard lesson having this buffoon in power!

Reactions: 6
I honestly wouldn’t mind him. As far as conservatives go he’s definitely not the worst.
He’s truly appalling!
Do you not remember him having to admit that while serving in the Government he was the holder of a US green card? Or his wife’s dodgy non-Dom tax arrangement? ( Which of course was nothing to do with him? 🙄 ) Or writing off billions of pounds of Covid fraud?
Look at what he did while he was Chancellor. He’s an awful, awful man.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Agree daisy - they are already saying he cant stay on, untenable etc etc. And Raab as deputy could be acting PM - no need for Johnson to stay. Good riddance.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think you underestimate the electorate. They’ve never been given the chance to vote for anyone other than a white candidate for PM. The electorate has voted for several MPs of colour. Why wouldn’t they vote for a non white PM if given the opportunity.
I don’t disagree but I still have doubts, especially as a lot of people are voting for the party rather than the MP in elections.

It will be interesting to see that play out with the Conservative voters who have a say in the leadership if it ever comes to it

Reactions: 3
of course its not tenable, I reckon things will change when he has signed on the dotted line and made a his statement outside number 10
The fact that BJ could think it is tenable is further evidence of just how delusional he is.

• Heart
I don’t disagree but I still have doubts, especially as a lot of people are voting for the party rather than the MP in elections.

It will be interesting to see that play out with the Conservative voters who have a say in the leadership if it ever comes to it
oh I reckon they will have lost a lot of conservative voters

The fact that BJ could think it is tenable is further evidence of just how delusional he is.
exactly men in white coats need to be brought in for his own sake and ours!

I know he won't but I wish he'd cry like Theresa May during his resignation speech.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
3610:36
BREAKINGTruss returning to London
8fb48771-85a4-4184-9d29-358626fda9a5.jpg

Chris Mason
Political editor
Foreign Secretary Liz Truss is cutting short her trip to a G20 meeting in Indonesia and returning to London.
She will issue a statement "shortly", I am told.

• Sick
Reactions: 2

I think if Sunak, Javid or Zahawi win, there will be questions being asked of the Labour Party as to why not only are they the only major party not to have had a female leader, but why there have been two female Prime Ministers and one PM of an Ethnic minority, all Tory, yet none have ever been chosen by Labour members and Unions. As a Labour voter, I do wonder why that is, considering they have far more women and Minority MP's to choose from

Reactions: 10
I think if Sunak, Javid or Zahawi win, there will be questions being asked of the Labour Party as to why not only are they the only major party not to have had a female leader, but why there have been two female Prime Ministers and one PM of an Ethnic minority, all Tory, yet none have ever been chosen by Labour members and Unions. As a Labour voter, I do wonder why that is, considering they have far more women and Minority MP's to choose from
is it right that anyone who is an interim leader can’t apply for the job full time? Interesting to see what that means for Raab in particular.

Reactions: 3
I know he won't but I wish he'd cry like Theresa May during his resignation speech.
when he finally appear's I suspect he'll make it sound like he has won the World Cup how many times will we hear because of him we had the vaccine roll out blah de blah de blah!

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Who was the PM from an Ethnic minority? Yes I totally agree. Labour has work to do on that issue.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.