Boris Johnson #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I will be VERY generous in my assessment:
Boris very obviously lost the plot mid speech. And then tried to improvise with a funny analogy. It’s kind of tragic that Peppa Pig was what first came to his mind, but for the sake of the argument: whatever. So he tried to spin the story of the UK as a place for creative inventions that have impact/are extremely successful even outside the UK. Showcasing on an underlying level what the UK should be: family friendly, entrepreneurial, safe streets, discipline in schools, great public transport……..
I say points for creativity and the improv attempt.

No honestly, it was hilarious and such a car crash. I laughed with tears streaming down my face. Also loved the Moses analogy.
But we know from that very revealing piece by Jeremy Vine (who heard him give exactly the same supposedly improvised rambling speech, complete with forgetting punchlines etc, at two corporate dos about 18 months apart) that the whole 'good old bumbling Boris' performance is scripted.

• Angry
Reactions: 14
I will be VERY generous in my assessment:
Boris very obviously lost the plot mid speech. And then tried to improvise with a funny analogy. It’s kind of tragic that Peppa Pig was what first came to his mind, but for the sake of the argument: whatever. So he tried to spin the story of the UK as a place for creative inventions that have impact/are extremely successful even outside the UK. Showcasing on an underlying level what the UK should be: family friendly, entrepreneurial, safe streets, discipline in schools, great public transport……..
I say points for creativity and the improv attempt.

No honestly, it was hilarious and such a car crash. I laughed with tears streaming down my face. Also loved the Moses analogy.
I have to respectfully disagree.
Yes, it was a car crash. But hilarious? Making a speech like that in front of business leaders and the world’s press? There was nothing remotely funny about it. The man has ruined the country and made us an international laughing stock. I don’t find that funny.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
But we know from that very revealing piece by Jeremy Vine (who heard him give exactly the same supposedly improvised rambling speech, complete with forgetting punchlines etc, at two corporate dos about 18 months apart) that the whole 'good old bumbling Boris' performance is scripted.
I've heard Jeremy tell the same story. The forgetting of notes is an old trick of Johnson's it seems. Probably works at certain corporate events where everyone's had a long day, speech after speech and they need something to perk them up. But not here. Especially with a random interjection about a kids show.

Reactions: 9
Maybe I should have made it more clear, my perspective is (thankfully) an outsider perspective. If my political leaders would act like that I would be very embarrassed too. And ask serious questions if they are fit for office (but this was questioned about him ever since he was mayor of London iirc).
Now, that I had some time to think about his Moses comparison- does he believe after the Exodus out of the EU, he is the guy to lead the UK through 40 years of misery, or so?

• Sad
Reactions: 4
does he believe after the Exodus out of the EU, he is the guy to lead the UK through 40 years of misery, or so?
Nah, having succeeded in ticking 'elected Prime Minister' off his list he just wants to get shut of all the hard work involved and leave us all in this mess. He wants to write big fat books for big fat advances (during the day) and big fat guest speaker fees (at night - gets him away from Carrie and domesticity). He wants to be a millionaire like Blair.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Maybe I should have made it more clear, my perspective is (thankfully) an outsider perspective. If my political leaders would act like that I would be very embarrassed too. And ask serious questions if they are fit for office (but this was questioned about him ever since he was mayor of London iirc).
Now, that I had some time to think about his Moses comparison- does he believe after the Exodus out of the EU, he is the guy to lead the UK through 40 years of misery, or so?
Wouldn’t surprise me in the least, although he’s not fit to lead anyone. Unfortunately he’s the person mainly in charge of causing the 40 years of misery in the first place and seems intent on making things worse at every opportunity he gets.
As somebody ( Heseltine I think ) said of him, he’s “ a man who waits to see the way the crowd is running and then dashes in front and says, ‘Follow me’.”

Reactions: 15
I think the main problem, after reading Jeremy Vine’s piece is that he wings it, never prepares and reads his speeches. He probably didn’t even glance at it beforehand to check for missing pages. He’s so used to ad-libbing and bumbling through. Yesterday he was caught short.

Reactions: 8
I think the main problem, after reading Jeremy Vine’s piece is that he wings it, never prepares and reads his speeches. He probably didn’t even glance at it beforehand to check for missing pages. He’s so used to ad-libbing and bumbling through. Yesterday he was caught short.
he is one lazy bastard, wants to be PM but does like the amount of actual work there is to be done

I heard some Boris apologist that he should do less, better. That he looked tired. I know Maggie wasn't/isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I don't recall her being 'tired'. Maybe if he lost some weight, that might be a start.

I heard some Boris apologist that he should do less, better. That he looked tired. I know Maggie wasn't/isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I don't recall her being 'tired'. Maybe if he lost some weight, that might be a start.
The problem is that he doesn't want to do anything really, but when confronted with a problem he makes something up and leave another to clear up the mess.

Reactions: 14
It's what he did as London Mayor from day 1.

A useless lump of shite.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Let's see if these votes of no confidence go anywhere. At the least, they'll put some cracks in the image some people have of him being this saviour of a prime minister who delivered us from the EU.

Reactions: 5
Other countries must be pissing themselves laughing at us with this clown as our leader.

Reactions: 13
Is this Christmas party thing going to be the end of him? If he does magically go, who would replace him?
Days like this I wish Kier wasn’t a secret Tory.

Is this Christmas party thing going to be the end of him? If he does magically go, who would replace him?
Days like this I wish Kier wasn’t a secret Tory.
That is the principle problem. Like him or loathe him (I am much more of the latter) he has been a vote winner who has energised the crowds. Can you see Hunt/Sunak/Truss/Patel doing the same? Not really, and I think the tories know it.

Reactions: 7
That is the principle problem. Like him or loathe him (I am much more of the latter) he has been a vote winner who has energised the crowds. Can you see Hunt/Sunak/Truss/Patel doing the same? Not really, and I think the tories know it.
Or Gove! 😕

• Sick
PMQs are on just now
He’s an honest to God embarrassment. He knows exactly what’s going on but comes across as a bumbling idiot. He’s never fully held accountable, he skirts through scandal after scandal. Never firm in his stance just “will pass along to x, y and a” or “leave it too mps to decide”. I’m so sick of him and this government.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.