Boris Johnson #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree, although then what would happen? A place full of angry men with no women or just a tiny group of female religious nutjobs being used as breeding machines? It's also basically condemning an entire country to death in one generation, whether through a lack of women or through inbreeding.
Then maybe that's what it takes......... how long has this misery gone on for? It needs to stop and innocent women and children should not be paying the price for this anymore.

Reactions: 5
This Afghanistan situation is bumming me out. Someone do something! But not us, because we're useless. China?

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Then maybe that's what it takes......... how long has this misery gone on for? It needs to stop and innocent women and children should not be paying the price for this anymore.
Maybe. But I don't know if that's the answer. It is the West interfering again in other countries. It could lead to other consequences, including retaliation from other Islamic countries or end up being a recruiting point for Al Qaeda. Maybe they need to be their own downfall. The misery has gone on and on. How have the Taliban been able to completely overwhelm the country in10 days after 20 years of training Afghan security forces? Its pointless us being there.

Reactions: 2
It is a terrible and sad situation. How hopeless and let down must the civilians feels - especially the women and fear for their children.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Apparently Parliament is being recalled next week. Bit late now don’t you think? And where the duck is Dominic Raab seeing as he’s meant to be the foreign secretary?

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Apparently Parliament is being recalled next week. Bit late now don’t you think? And where the duck is Dominic Raab seeing as he’s meant to be the foreign secretary?
To be honest, Raab is so unsuitable for the job and so inherently incompetent that I can’t imagine how his presence will do any good. At least while he’s absent he can’t do any damage in an already appalling situation.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
To be honest, Raab is so unsuitable for the job and so inherently incompetent that I can’t imagine how his presence will do any good. At least while he’s absent he can’t do any damage in an already appalling situation.
Yeah he’s bleeping useless. He was like a rabbit in the headlights when Boris had Covid and he had to step up, but he still should be speaking out about this.

Reactions: 7
Yeah he’s bleeping useless. He was like a rabbit in the headlights when Boris had Covid and he had to step up, but he still should be speaking out about this.
It will be interesting to see what happens at the next election. His majority has gone from 28,000 in 2015 to 3,000 in 2019. Will he keep his seat?

Reactions: 1
It will be interesting to see what happens at the next election. His majority has gone from 28,000 in 2015 to 3,000 in 2019. Will he keep his seat?
Lib Dems need to majorly target his seat. My friend lives in Chesham and it was unimaginable that anyone but a Tory could win there so it can be done.

Reactions: 3
Lib Dems need to majorly target his seat. My friend lives in Chesham and it was unimaginable that anyone but a Tory could win there so it can be done.
My g/f is from Chesham. She told were quite a few reasons why they lost, 1) HS2 goes through the area, and is very unpopular, 2) Lots of young professionals have moved there, 3) Large number of BAME, 4) Johnson is very disliked, (he was booed when he turned up - not reported in the papers), and 5) Bucks was very anti-brexit.

My g/f is from Chesham. She told were quite a few reasons why they lost, 1) HS2 goes through the area, and is very unpopular, 2) Lots of young professionals have moved there, 3) Large number of BAME, 4) Johnson is very disliked, (he was booed when he turned up - not reported in the papers), and 5) Bucks was very anti-brexit.
Yep, it is interesting to see demographics changing so markedly. I do believe that some of the souther true blue constituencies may revolt due to Brexit and the terrible handling of the pandemic. Unfortunately I think the red wall will be lost for a generation. I've left the Labour Party for various reasons but I honestly would be happy to ditch a lot of the racist red wall for good (don't @ me!!!).

• Heart
Frankly I’d be surprised if he even knew where Afghanistan is, let alone understood the situation.
This is the Dominic Raab who freely admitted that he hadn’t read the Good Friday agreement ( which is 35 pages long, so hardly War and Peace ) even though he was the Brexit secretary, and hadn’t understood the importance of the Dover-Calais crossing for trade. Presumably the bumbling fuckwit had forgotten we’re a bleeping island.

As he’s Foreign Secretary then I suppose he should be speaking out, but as he’s a moron I’d rather he didn’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Frankly I’d be surprised if he even knew where Afghanistan is, let alone understood the situation.
This is the Dominic Raab who freely admitted that he hadn’t read the Good Friday agreement ( which is 35 pages long, so hardly War and Peace ) even though he was the Brexit secretary, and hadn’t understood the importance of the Dover-Calais crossing for trade. Presumably the bumbling fuckwit had forgotten we’re a bleeping island.

As he’s Foreign Secretary then I suppose he should be speaking out, but as he’s a moron I’d rather he didn’t.
All this. What has it come to when I hope the PM, Foreign Sec and Home Sec say nothing as anything they did say could only make it worse.

That comment is so top shelf I wish I could like it a billion times.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think they're coming back - not sure whether that's a good thing either.
Do all MP’s have to come back if Parliament is recalled, or is it just the cabinet? Raab will have to return I’d have thought given he’s foreign secretary. He should have come back before now. All those soldiers who died have died for nothing, it’s disgusting.

• Sad
Of course, when poor bloody Afghans start paddling across the Channel, Priti Patel will be foaming at the mouth again, completely unable to put 2 and 2 together.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
Of course, when poor bloody Afghans start paddling across the Channel, Priti Patel will be foaming at the mouth again, completely unable to put 2 and 2 together.
She'll be personally setting up snipers on the white cliffs. Posing in front of them with her 'Home Secretary' coat.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.